Sign in to follow this  
freddern

Ardennes island v1.0 by reinhard

hey how to put images sad_o.gif

Do you mean, how you can place images on the forum?

upload your image to your own server. Then, you can link to them from here, using the following in your post:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

Blah blah blah, look at my picture:

http://www.yourserver.whatever/directory/imagename.jpg[/IMG]

Blah blah blah...

This map is really impressive. The amount of detail is mind-boggling. It can get a bit choppy in places, but that's the price that you pay for that much detail. Very nice work.

i have an msn group where i put mi images to show is it valid on this forum???

i think dont work rock.gif

Hi. I don't think MSN groups works very well, I tryed for my abatar and it won't do.

Felicidades con la isla. Good job.

I can say that this island won't lag for me ider.

@CERO.

Yes. Reinard. Good to see you here. I also thing think that all players wold like the island more if you did somthing about that empty land instead of having it exactely accurate.

Is it like that in reality or are you planning to do something about it?

Great! biggrin_o.gif

yeah of course that i heve plans for a update actually i have done 3 new villages and the most of textures in high resolution, its goes a bit slow beacouse now im working in I44 but my priority now is how i can get my own server or similar to put pics in this forum smile_o.gif

yeah of course that i heve plans for a update actually  i have done 3 new villages and the most of textures in high resolution, its goes a bit slow beacouse now im working in I44 but my priority  now is how i can get my own server or similar to put pics  in this forum smile_o.gif

Great news! smile_o.gif

And a nother thing. Don't take this the wrong way, still think it's a kick ass island and I just want you to make it even better:

I kinda feel that the west part of the island is extremely original and characteristic but as I move to the far east on the island the quality goes worse. (Not bad, just worse, still good) biggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

You probably began on the west and worked your way east. Maby use some more time there too? rock.gif

And, how many hours have you really used top make this island. Must have been many.. wink_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif Great!

I still can't download this island  mad_o.gif

Refresh or copy & paste in browser, nothing works mad_o.gif

Are there any mirrors ?

Somewhere...

Pleaaaase....  rock.gif

Hey Blanco,

I just tried the link in this thread's first post and it started up OK. I'd give it another go ;)

Can we get a version of the island that will work on 1.91? Cause I don't want to install buggy 1.96 just for one isalnd! sad_o.gif

1.96 isn't buggy for me. (Just if you didn't dare to try it out i mean.) biggrin_o.gif

well "not bad way" of course mate i know you say i made the first villages like lanzerath must be reworked, the reason of thei less quality is simple when i start to make the island i wash alone and without internet any support for me sad_o.gif , really internet change things a lot smile_o.gif

be sure that the first areas you reffer will be redoneˇˇ tounge_o.gif

hey guys i forget to say that but if you want you can check my work for  I44 in this link to our forum smile_o.gif

reinhards corner

Awsome screens!  wow_o.gif

hey guys can somebody explain me how to get my own server or similar i want to show some pics smile_o.gif

yeah of course that i heve plans for a update actually  i have done 3 new villages and the most of textures in high resolution, its goes a bit slow beacouse now im working in I44 but my priority  now is how i can get my own server or similar to put pics  in this forum smile_o.gif

Great news!  smile_o.gif

Yeah! At last some more towns to take over.

EDIT: Haha, at last I got 2 stars.

hey guys can somebody explain me how to get my own server or similar i want to show  some pics smile_o.gif

My provider offers me a small webspace, perhaps your one does it, too.

Mfg MEDICUS

and whats about a ftp server i have some pics to show..... sad_o.gif

well nowadays the next update for ardennes its almost ready, in normal and higs textures and with a new big landscape and 3 new villages

please im very interested in your opinion which preffer: normal or high res textures

nice island, but i have got to say those green fields with the grass could do with a little work, they are too uniform in colour, try adding different hues and shades to the texture and the grass objects.

If you want those areas to run faster its often better to use taller grass, this way you dont need as many polys to give the effect of a dense area of vegetation, and so it runs faster.

If you use crossplanes, and bend the top and bottom vertices, it wont look so obvious from above.

Hope this crit helps.

keep up the nice work.

.sub

Looking forward. Yes, do please post MANY pics of your progress. (Since I recantly had to uninstall ofp sad_o.gif  and won't be able to see it for myself.)

wink_o.gif

please im very interested in your opinion which preffer: normal or high res textures

I would rather use a high-res version.

RED