Sign in to follow this  
ralphwiggum

Explosion in madrid

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/3500452.stm

Quote[/b] ]There has been at least one explosion at the Atocha railway station in central Madrid early on Thursday, Spanish radio stations are reporting.

People in the area said they heard three consecutive blasts.

A spokesman for the emergency services in the Spanish capital said firefighters and police had gone to the scene, Spanish newspaper ABC says.

Witnesses say the area has been cordoned off. The first blast happened at 0635 GMT.

In contex, they're having parliamentary elections in Spain on sunday. I wouldn't be surprised if this was work by ETA.

yup. agreed.

estimate on the news, 65 killed, hundreds wounded.

aparently the centralstation was targeted.

madrid2_425.jpg

Central station in Madrid, at rush hour. They say at least 65 dead, hundreds of wounded sad_o.gif

Ducks in a barrel.

I take the train every day between Malmo in Sweden and Copenhagen in Denmark. I wouldnt even want to imagine a bomb on one of the morning trains at the Copenhagen Central Station.

The explosions had been on tree stations, the last unoficcial bodycount is 95, one more bomb has been defused by the TEDAX group of the national police, this has all the ETA signals, but this had been an indiscriminated butchery as they had never did before.

Now i feel so shocked and enreaged that prefer not to speak more, my worst desires for the subhumans which are behind this massacre.

that indescriment butchery is why it might not be eta, im not sure but dont eta usually give warnings about bombs like the ira did in ireland?

im just thinking that spain was one of the countries that suported the war in iraq, and it could be realated to that rock.gif, and the war on terror

Sorry to burst your bubble but ETA had try this before.

The spanish police had adverted this kind of butcheries at least in 2 ocassions, not by previous phone calls but infiltrating agents within the group.

ok mate im dont really know anything about the eta or anything just heard about them in the news from time to time, so im kind of grasping at straws here

Im from spain, 3 explosions and 4 bombs more have been deactivated, there is lot of confusion, about 70-80 deads and 300 wounded, and another bomb was placed in one train so red cross canot enter on that train to help wounded people, so possibly died count will grow a lot on next hours. damn....  sad_o.gif

santaeugenia.jpg

we're talking now about 125-150 deads sad_o.gif

radio is saying that about eight bombs ware placed, and 4 of them have been exploded

thats not cool man it reminds of a program on the bbc about what would happen if a big terrorist attack happend in britain and one of the things was a bombings of a london trainstation sad_o.gif

Assuming that this is ETA, what the fuck are they trying to accomplish? Do they think even one step ahead? Say that the Basques got their own country. What then? Would they isolate themselves from the world? Hardly possible. They would sooner or later join EU and would be back at square one.

No, this has nothing to do with realistic thinking. It has nothing to do with policy either. A majority of Basques do not want to separate from Spain. They're not freedom fighters, but just plain murderers using politics as an excuse.

There is no place in today's Europe for terrorists using ethnic rivalery as an excuse of killing civilians. The Basques have the exaclty same democratic rights as any other Spanish or EU citizens. They need to come down hard and fast on ETA and exterminate it.

In the 70's, there was a wave of terrorism in western europe from communist terrorists such as the 'red brigades'. They had in common with ETA that nobody in western europe actually supported their cause. And they were dealt with. The Germans did an excellent job in completely shutting down their operations. I hope that the same will be done with ETA.

They need to come down hard and fast on ETA and exterminate it.

Couldn't agree more sad_o.gif

Nasty, just caught it on the news.

Good job by the TEDAX on the bomb(s?) they found.

The responsibles have to be caught, but for now, it's the victims who need support.

The interior ministery has been threatened by an unknown group here, threatening to blow rails, trains and stations up (that's a week old btw)

Those deathcounts are rising painfully fast sad_o.gif. This is really terrible. But such carefully planned attacks, there must be some thought of motive you would say? I just can't believe anyone doing this and truly thinking of benefitting from the results sad_o.gif

Wasn't a cease fire of some sort confirmed by ETA in certain areas of Spain? Perhaps that triggered some sort of retaliation from disgruntled ETA activists. Wouldn't be the first time thats happened.

(IRA - Real IRA. They managed to piss off everyone, including the IRA)

I mourn for the loss of so much civilians by this terrible terrorist act. My thoughts go out to the family and loved ones of the victims sad_o.gif

Truly a sad day for spain. Unfortunally it will fuel Aznars fire for war on terrorism. Why hasn´t ETA been destroyed yet ? They seem to have very little support with the spanish population.

Horrible.... Somehow this feels worse for me than the WTC incidents, somehow closer to what could happen to me. I don't want to imagine the panic and chaos that a bomb in the Stockholm subway would cause.

I also agree that the ETA should be dealt with quickly and firmly. And as someone said what do the Basques have to gain by being independent? Not much, not much at all.

Finally my thoughts go out to all the families who have lost someone due to this insanely idiotic act of terrorism.

Official count by interior minister: 173 deads and 700 woundeds, and still searching for corpses. 13 bombs were planted, i dont remeber how mucho of them have been exploded but only 4-7 have been deactivated.

Afriend of my sister who workd in hospital have called her and he told that it was like a war, wounded people wait for help, lot of bloddd, pieces of human corpses arrive at hospital...damn... sad_o.gif