Sign in to follow this  
hyakushiki

Hyk modern u.s. infantry pack released

the ACU camo is supposed to be a multi enviroment camouflaje ? because in woodland enviroments it is like a shining neon that says "shoot me" crazy_o.gif

Yeah, it's based on the low contrast between the colours. Fools human eyes. It works (atleast somewhat) better in real life, but I'd rather wear MARPAT or something similar (or even '81 WL) in an all-forest area.

Rooney, those pics supposed to link somewhere (I'm having troubles linking, too, atm)? 200x200 pixels ain't the best resource you know... you can make out that they're US Army personnel and maybe what weapons they carry... that's just about it.

Good, official resource. Although I bet you allready know it, Hyakushiki. wink_o.gif

http://www.army.mil/mediaplayer/armyimages/

nice work, HYK! biggrin_o.gif

plz add more goodys like goggles, body armor's collar, NVG mount and etc. to your units as "hiddenselection". of course SAW pouch and gasbag too.

anyway, keep up the good work! wink_o.gif

That website is were I got the pics, just downsized them. I can make out the issues I pointed out earlier, but the website is a better source for good pics.

DAMN!!!!!! these are good? What is funny is that when ever i need to make a modern time mission say like 1993 Somalia BOOM i ur addons work fine for that situation. Then an Iraq mission BOOM ACU's

Keep up the perfect work man!!!!

Again top marks on these unit's their "fab" inlove.gif What's the hidden selection for the gasbag called?

Again top marks on these unit's their "fab" inlove.gif What's the hidden selection for the gasbag called?

the hidden selection for the gasbag is Gasbag, it only works on officer models and some SF models. It doesn't work on the standard soldier model.

here some idea for new HYK hope the guys agree with it.

HYK, if you can make full u.s troops, like Rangers (2004) & delta units, with full USMC, and that's idea.

Question: What's the hidden selection for the Googles called? (sorry action man).

hi man i try to use sniper in the editor but give me a problem "No model." what is it? banghead.gif

hi man i try to use sniper in the editor but give me a problem "No model." what is it? banghead.gif

make sure you got the up to date weapons pack, v3.0 i think it is

Great addons!!!! I just wanted to ask someone a question, i love to play with these marines, but i need to make them have the facetex 2 head models. Can anyone help me through this? smile_o.gif

The Marines already have the Llauma head models and use hyakushiki updated BIS faces.

Your have to open the config file within the HYK_USsol_LSRcfg.pbo. When this done open the config file and edit the eventhandler for the troops. Change to the script for the Facestex2 faces. I don't know the name of the script of hand, open the Facestex2.pbo to see all the face scripts withing the .pbo

Hey hyakushiki i have a few requests for you can make (if you want). Well it's a Marine Blue Dress Uniform, no googles on the marines because they dont wear them much anymore, marines w\ backpacks, and give them an m16a2 because the m16a4 isnt a real weapon. You can look up all of the information on google.

PS- you guys are amazing at addon making.

[...]and give them an m16a2 because the m16a4 isnt a real weapon. You can look up all of the information on google.

Is it just me, or is this forum going to hell in a hand-basket?

You're the second person I'm having to slap for being moronic and thinking the M16A4 isn't a real rifle.

Well i guess it is a real rifle but the army\marines (and any others) dont currently use it atm.

Read the readme, AFAIK it explains how to do it there, and don't double-post, edit your previous post(s).

Well i guess it is a real rifle but the army\marines (and any others) dont currently use it atm.

It is funny how often people get confused about the different variants of the m16 and m4.  I am sure everyone here is familiar with the m16a1 and m16a2.  Most people get confused with the m16a3 and m16a4.  The m16a3 is a fully automatic m16a2.  The m16a4 is a single and burst fire m16 lower receiver with a flat top upper receiver to mount opitcs on and is usually fitted with the m5 rail accessory system (same thing as the m4's rail interface system, just a different name for the m16 version).  Most m16a4's are just modified m16a2's, where the rifle's lower receiver will be stamped "m16a2," but have the new m16a4 upper receiver with the removable carry handle and rail system.

Now as for their usage, the m16a3 was developed with special operating forces in mind and never meant for the regular units. It is not seen very often (partly due to the clandestine nature of sof), but it is definately in use.  Most regular army soldiers use the single and burst fire m4 (not the fully automatic m4a1 used by special operating forces) along with most marines.  You will see the m16a4 in service more with the marines than the army as they like to use the acog 4x scope on them.  I am sure you can find some units either in the army or marines using m16a2's if you look hard enough, but it will probably take you some time.  I know that the army national guard units in my state have m16a4's for the most part.

Keep in mind that I am a civilian with no actual military experience, but I am very confident that the information I posted is accurate (provided that I didn't make any typos).  I got most of my information from the actual m-16 dash ten (manual).  Hope that this helps to clear up some confusion.  

Oh and about the actual addons.  I am sure this must have been posted already, but the only remaining bug that I have found is that when you are in a vehicle with these units and in first person view mode, you can see your soldier's goggles.  At least this happens for me while running no extra mods. It’s a small bug, but sort of annoying.

EDIT: had to fix a factual error I made after checking the dash ten and reword some stuff.

Quote[/b] ]Adoption of the M16A2 by both the US Army and USMC started in the late 1980s, and the M16A4 began to be fielded even more recently

Edit:

Quote[/b] ]...supplemented by the M16A2. The M16A3 is a fully-automatic variant of the M16A2, issued primarily within the United States Naval Special Warfare. The M16A2, in turn, is currently being supplemented by the M16A4, which incorporates the flattop receiver unit developed for the M4 Carbine.

Edit2:

Quote[/b] ]The M16A2 remains the main U.S. service rifle in the Army, while the Marine Corps has equipped most of its forward-deployed troops with M16A4's and M4's.

^ And thats not the newest of sources (About 2003/2004)

Edit3: A marine with an M16A4

Edit4: A marine in 2004 with an M16A4

Edit5: Newest (2005/2006) source:

Quote[/b] ]The M16A4, now standard issue for frontline U.S. Army and U.S. Marine Corps units, replaces the combination fixed carry handle/rear iron sight with a MIL-STD-1913 Picatinny rail, allowing for the rifle to be equipped with a carry handle and/or most military and consumer scopes or sighting systems. Most of the U.S. Marine Corps' M16A4s are equipped with a Knight's Armament Company M5 RAS handguard, allowing vertical grips, lasers, tactical lights, and other accessories to be attached. U.S. Army M16A4s also often feature the KAC M5 RAS.

Hyakushiki, i have only 1 request for the new soilders coming out (hopefully), well here it is, PLEASE MAKE YOUR NEXT SOILDERS WITH REGULAR TAN FACESTEX2 FACES!!!!!!!

Also keep the marines please. smile_o.gificon_rolleyes.gif thanks you if you do!

Hyakushiki, i have only 1 request for the new soilders coming out (hopefully), well here it is, PLEASE MAKE YOUR NEXT SOILDERS WITH REGULAR TAN FACESTEX2 FACES!!!!!!!

Also keep the marines please. smile_o.gificon_rolleyes.gif thanks you if you do!

i wouldn't use caps unless you want a mod breathing down your neck, secondly, dePBO the file and change the script line for the face selection yourself, its easy.