Sign in to follow this  
Wilco

Anim.pbo replacement pack

I changed the AI standing animation and...."improved" the sprint.

Hey all, nice idea to tweak the animations.  Just a question from a new topic I posted a few days back (that I probably should have posted here first): Could you break up the AT reloading and vehicle entering animations into 2-3 parts, looking for input at those breakpoints, to cease action and go for the rifle?  It's an aspect of OFP that hasn't (AFAIK) been touched. rock.gif

I was thinking awhile back that it'd be cool if the soldier only had the gun up to his eye when you have the zoom on and when you press fire. What do you guys think? Medal of honor i believed used to operate this way. There was an aim button and a fire button. One of those ww2 games did it this way.

men this is a 4 months old thread, y dont just let it die?

OFP Central Download Link

As the old link was from my old site, I feel obligated to be the person to re-upload it...or some bullshit like that tounge_o.gif. I am 90% sure this is the latest version Wilco released, but no guarantees since he didnt include a readme wink_o.gif

The prone firing position looks the like the one from the old pack and not the newer animation you've shown in the discussion thread.

The running/sprinting animation is new though.

Is it sth new from Wilco or just some old stuff appearing again?

Is it sth new from Wilco or just some old stuff appearing again?

Why Wilco isn't saying anything?

Very nice animations.Just what i've always wanted..But does anyone know if Wilco's still going to update them as it's been a while.

A "broken" wrist in the safe mode.

safewrist.jpg

A "broken" wrist in the standing mode

standingwrist.jpg

And these are just so sweet..

safe.jpg

standing.jpg

kneeling.jpg

And a final question..do i replace Both anim.pbo's or just the one in Res Dta folder as the AI don't use the "standing" animation..

hey, nice pics biggrin_o.gif , but the last pic with the guy firing while squatting is totally unrealistic. you need him to drop his right knee, so that he would be able to support himself and to be more accurate while firing his weapon. that is nothing but a "hollywood" stance and we don't do that in the real army.

but the last pic with the guy firing while squatting is totally unrealistic. you need him to drop his right knee, so that he would be able to support himself and to be more accurate while firing his weapon. that is nothing but a "hollywood" stance and we don't do that in the real army.

I agree but it makes a nice change from the original animations.and also i think it is an "ok" kneeling stance if the soldier is moving and firing as apposed to kneeling at a fireing range..Or he might not want to get his knee dirty.. tounge_o.gif

The one complaint I have about this pack is that if you look at this picture..

standing.jpg

you can see that the soldier is holding the gun by the magazine which looks totally unrealistic.... please Wilco make it so that the soldier is holding it by the barrel and not the magazine... smile_o.gif

please Wilco make it so that the soldier is holding it by the barrel and not the magazine... smile_o.gif

He could just be another slack US soldier or another hollywood wannabe... smile_o.gif

this is a pretty old version, and wilco is making new one

(his last update here is 19th march crazy_o.gif )

so y dont you guys stop rising this thread, head for the one on A&M:DISCUSSION??

i am sure it would be a lot more effective

The one complaint I have about this pack is that if you look at this picture..

standing.jpg

you can see that the soldier is holding the gun by the magazine which looks totally unrealistic.... please Wilco make it so that the soldier is holding it by the barrel and not the magazine... smile_o.gif

well he holds it abt 2 cm to low but it isnt unrealistic...  many short dudes hold there rifel like that

wink_o.gif

blues.gif

considering that all the ofp soldiers are the same height I would go for an animation that looks better for all of them instead of the short dudes...

considering that all the ofp soldiers are the same height I would go for an animation that looks better for all of them instead of the short dudes...

No not all OFP soldiers are the same height, stand most of Lasers or CLSA's troops next to stock bis units a civies.