Sign in to follow this  
Wilco

Anim.pbo replacement pack

Just on that... does anyone have a copy of the original anim.pbo for both OFP & OFPR?

Explore your CD, all Game data is there.

I'm thinking about releasing another pack now, seeing that it has some major improvements from the last (Think I released the wrong one last time tounge_o.gif)

So, look for a new link from Hooah here maybe later today (4:23 A.M. here)

Wilco Anim Pack Beta Phase 2

Beta Phase 2, tweaked animations and some new ones.  No readme, so here's how to install it.

Make a folder in your Operation Flashpoint Directory, name it whatever you want (exp. WilcoAnim) then a folder in that named "DTA" then unzip the Anim.pbo into that.  Then add the folder name to the mod parameters in you're OFP shortcut.

Ex: -mod:WilcoAnim

My stupid ass forgot the readme, heh.

Is this the one with the calaberation of Dreamy Knight? rock.gif

I simply cannot have my man standing still then taking a few steps when he's reloading all for the sake of a reload while running animation. It's asking for too much. Now if he could stand still and reload as well that'd be much better. If I could rather have one than the other if not both at all, then id have him standing still to reload.

No, there are still alot of things to do, and getting hold of DreamyKnight is almost impossible I heard.

And Bowery, take it easy, I'll do it just to make you happy, ok?

No, there are still alot of things to do, and getting hold of DreamyKnight is almost impossible I heard.

And Bowery, take it easy, I'll do it just to make you happy, ok?

i would like to be a helping hand, but as long as the site of samren is down it is pretty hard

-Realoading Anim (need one when on knees(q) and in lying position)

-Sit on knees Anim (Q)

these two are great!

-Safe Walking anim

This one is good but if you change direction, the gun returns on your back. crazy_o.gif

The rest (running, sneaking, etc) Dreamy Knight's ones are better.

You guys should work togheter on a single great anim pack.

Yeah.... I am a big fan of both of your work.... good luck to both of you!!!

if this is the one with pappy boyington in the readme then i came here to tell you guys that friggin im most comfortable with this one then all the other ones.

just had some time to test it out and thought i would add some constructive critisism;

Wilco you are getting there buddy! Keep up the good work! OFP desperatly needs a simple to use animation pack and the sooner the better I say!

First of all the reload anim is great much better than the original, just a bit of fine tuning and it will be sweet.

Crouch anims seem to lift my guy a little off the floor biggrin_o.gif maybe its just me but its work pointing out! but its a good pose animation anyways.

Charging anim although a improvement over the last still looks a little bit too odd, ive been thinking over it for a while now and im not sure what its missing to look genuine, but i have a feeling that its in the speed of the upper body moving in comparison to the legs and the angle that the soldier charges at.(try looking at yourself in the mirror and see how you would charge into battle and then copy it! smile_o.gif lol)

Running anim seems all fine no problem there. smile_o.gif

Walking anim, just a minor thing although it is nearly finished, try keeping the rifle in the same position in the soldiers shoulder as when he is standing still and just see how it looks when he walks.  When he goes from still to walking there should be very little movement of the rifle maybe just the occasional jolt on every step to simulate realism.

Id be interested to see how you would go about creating a crouching pose and look forward to it smile_o.gif

Lastly, i think and i really do that to make this a complete pack (before all fine tuning and tweeking has been done) you really need to sort out the animations between safe mode and directional changes in the soldiers as there is nothing more annoying than seeing a soldier looking all nice with you animation in the safe postion only to see that when he moves his rifle flips around onto his back like he is some crazy drum major or something! smile_o.gif

Anyway I love your pack and really appreciate you efforts.

Good luck for future releases

Maggot

Edit ; just checked out the safe animations again and just like to add that the safe standing animation (when the guy aint moving) is perfect from what i can see, as for the safe walking animations maybe experiment with cutting down the movement from the upperhalf of the body and try to cut down the amount of 'lift' that goes into the shoulder movement if you can.

Im gonna go play with them some more! GOOD JOB MATE

Often wondered why the conventional machine gunners prone stance isn't animated. Most of the machine guns in OFP have the bipod legs down so one hand on the pistol grip the other on the back top end of the stock holding into the depression of the shoulder.