Sign in to follow this  
dm

Bas delta/ranger update

I have old mission with Rangers with custom armpatches.

When I load it and start playing, I see that Desert Rangers (class BAS_SoldierDES) have custom armpatches, but Woodland (class BAS_Soldier) still have std. "75th Rangers" sad_o.gif

Very nice job,I realy like them smile_o.gif

btw:Do you also planing to update weapons? it will be cool wink_o.gif

love the update

i know its already been said and decided but

is there any chance of the covert unit not having american flag and all having the masks like the snipers and machinegunner

last time ill ask

promise

oh yeh

dunno if its mentioned

m4 aimpoints dont have scope

It's ok not to be able to lower goggles for you're AI troopers with the command menu??

I mean with the old version you could lower their goggles via command menu.Or it's a problem with the beta exe?(Im using ofp beta 1.95 exe).

Also,like Ruff said,it will be very cool to have all the deltas with masks. smile_o.gif

I love the pack! the new weapons are great, and the new textures are very nice.

My only gripe is the M1911 should have the hammer in the "cocked" position, since the real one cannot fire in the "down" position that's show in the model ;)

what about the funny looking legs torso area, it looks like their shirts are too long, and not tucked in tounge_o.gif

<edit> Maybe a bit too long and yes they are untucked. It stays though, if you tuck the shirts you see all the nice distortion in the model due to the animation system. Also if they are shorter you get other anomolies. Look at the SOAR and you'll see how it looks tucked. I had them tucked, but trust me, it looks better untucked. tounge_o.gif

thats dumb. the ofp 3d engine doesnt really allow for these effects either way. the untucked and too long shirt gets all deformed when u add animations to the mix. cant wait for ofp2 with some better soldier models. but if its better that way, i'll have to take ur work for it ebud. keep it up champs wink_o.gif

anyways, the more i look at them, the more i like the units, i just had to get used to them, and i had this ridiculous expectation that these units would be absolutely GODLIKE. (which they are turning out to be, the more i use them) wink_o.gif

i know this  may be a JAM related question/comment, but i feel there is a ridiculously ammount of recoil on the SD glock mags wink_o.gif whats up with that?

im gonna go compare it to the bis ones right now to see if im crazy tounge_o.gif

In RL the optimal max range for a western subsonic round is just over 100m.

Then your silenced weapons should be zeroed at that range or even shorter.

One of my only gripes with this pack is the M1911 that the Deltas use. When compared with any of the other weapons in the pack, its texture quality is very low.

Does anybody know what the editornames for the new AT4 and ammo are?

edit: Found the names in the .pbo

JAM_AT4Launcher

JAM_AT4Rocket

another bug

m14 does not have a reload sound

both

I reported that (page 1 one of the first posts) and Deadmeat says the m14 does have a reload sound crazy_o.gif

I'm *glad* you have the same bug as I do.

Yeah, yeah.....the new DeltaRanger pack kicks ass... its BAS, so whaddaya expect?  wink_o.gif  But please, enlighten us:

Quote[/b] ]Yeah we need our armpatches back, what happened to the regular "soldier" file...

Cant seem to find the Soldier and Des soldier in the list anymore. Adding it manually to the mission.sqm doesnt do the job either, they seem to have gone AWOL.

yes, they will be in the patch.

And can someone explain to me as to why arm patches are needed. The ranger patch should still be modifyable, but I see no reason why an editable nationality patch is needed. I wouldn't expect anyone to want to change them. I wouldn't want to add an american flag to a dutch unit for example, so why would you want to change an american unit to be something else? I'm totally against it, and the flag patches are IN the arm texture. I did that on purpose :P

And can someone explain to me as to why arm patches are needed. The ranger patch should still be modifyable, but I see no reason why an editable nationality patch is needed. I wouldn't expect anyone to want to change them. I wouldn't want to add an american flag to a dutch unit for example, so why would you want to change an american unit to be something else? I'm totally against it, and the flag patches are IN the arm texture. I did that on purpose :P

Hmmm I guess my reasons for wanting the flag patches back was not so much wanting so much to change nationality but to implement different ROE for certain scenarious.

Ie. A kind of "Heart of Darkness"/"Apocalypse Now" scenario where you are trying to engage renegade or AWOL soldiers who have mutinied against the chain of command. Treason in a battlefield is of course punishable by death. So you would be sent in to deal with the troublemakers who say, are wearing different armpatches ie. say a pirate flag (silly yes I know) and leave alive the rest of the squad who are not sympathetic to the rebellion. So ROE are changed so as not to eliminate non-rebel troops trapped in the middle of a mutiny. You need to ID the troops, by their armpatches etc in order to determine their friendly/non-friendly status. This adds an element of how to engage an enemy at range if you're not sure whether or not they're the enemy. (A lot of scope/recon/bino scrutiny work is involved obviously) Also if you are fired upon by non-armpatch wearing troops they are obviously mutiny sympathisers/collaborators. It adds an element of non-black/whiteness to a mission scenario.

And the only thing harder than fighting elite shock troops of the Spetznaz, is renegade Ranger/Delta squads sporting your own kit.

Anyway just my mission depends on it. But that's just my opinion. Also the new BAS soldiers have some backwards compatability issues with the old missions made with them. Ie, missing classes like "soldier" etc.

Don't get me wrong, I still I love these units, sorry about the rant. I can't wait to see whatever else you may be working on. wink_o.gif

umm naaa.. just didnt sound worth it to me.. i say leave them like they are... not worth the trouble just to do that mission above, would it really benefit more people than you? not.

Only thing i would like to see changed/added is for the Silenced Delta's to all have Facemask's by defualt.

ummurrr after that this pack is pretty much perfect.

Well look at this way.

Kmarns International Soldiers have the same goggles functionality as the BAS units do.  But what they also have is the ability to remove helments, (replaced with beret), ability to apply rank from PFC to COL (which is inbuilt into the units) as well as ability to apply Flag textures to their armpatch - hence their international status.

In my opinion if you are going for all this detail within a unit, you just don't want to make it do the same thing over and over.  If you can't add scope for the uniqueness of mission characters and such, you'd have a mission with no personality, it's just another battle.  With those units I can adjust the setting so as I can apply them to a wide range of scenarios.  As much as we all want addons with a specific purposes, the point is that it doesn't allow very much for imagination in a mission if a unit can only be put in one scenario over and over again.  Oh look it's BAS units being special forces... again.  With the international soldiers I can apply no helmets to simulate say, units interacting on base, doing GP things like admin, supply repair etc.  (not in a combatitive role).  These add to the atmosphere of the mission.

Deltas gotta eat, sleep and do other stuff as well.. they don't always wear their helmets.  It's great when they're all sitting in a room in a debriefing cutscene with their helmets and vests on like as if they can't trust their CO not to suddenly spray the room with bullets.  crazy_o.gif

Also if a Delta/Ranger is captured, and you have to retrieve them from the enemy, ie. Hostage rescue, do you think your enemy is going to let the hostage wear kevlar and body armour?  I think not. Fatigues/BDUs maybe, but they'll remove anything that a hostage can use against themselves.

So yes, the mission above was just an example not the only use of the useability of a simple armpatch option.  

Anyway enough of my ranting.

hell, I agree with you. I'm Dutch and it will be a cold day in hell before I'll agree with an american flag on a Dutch unit (I'm just as proud of my flag as the americans). So I won't put another flag on the US units aswel.

If the Ranger patch is still editable, this is all we need. Personally I don't care, since a Ranger is a Ranger and no other unit uses the gear used by the rangers.

bugs headsup:

some rangers dont carry handguns with them, although there is one displayed on their model. maybe you did that on RL research facts but it´s kinda weird having them displayed but not able to use them.

Also the new BAS soldiers have some backwards compatability issues with the old missions made with them.  Ie, missing classes like "soldier" etc.

Actually, you'll find that ALL the old unit classes still exist, but they are "hidden" in the editor.

You'll also find that ALL the functionality of the old units is still present in the old units. You just have to work a little harder (and edit the mission.sqm) to get the features.

Well look at this way.

Kmarns International Soldiers have the same goggles functionality as the BAS units do.  But what they also have is the ability to remove helments, (replaced with beret), ability to apply rank from PFC to COL (which is inbuilt into the units) as well as ability to apply Flag textures to their armpatch - hence their international status.

In my opinion if you are going for all this detail within a unit, you just don't want to make it do the same thing over and over.  If you can't add scope for the uniqueness of mission characters and such, you'd have a mission with no personality, it's just another battle.  With those units I can adjust the setting so as I can apply them to a wide range of scenarios.  As much as we all want addons with a specific purposes, the point is that it doesn't allow very much for imagination in a mission if a unit can only be put in one scenario over and over again.  Oh look it's BAS units being special forces... again.  With the international soldiers I can apply no helmets to simulate say, units interacting on base, doing GP things like admin, supply repair etc.  (not in a combatitive role).  These add to the atmosphere of the mission.

Deltas gotta eat, sleep and do other stuff as well.. they don't always wear their helmets.  It's great when they're all sitting in a room in a debriefing cutscene with their helmets and vests on like as if they can't trust their CO not to suddenly spray the room with bullets.  crazy_o.gif

Also if a Delta/Ranger is captured, and you have to retrieve them from the enemy, ie. Hostage rescue, do you think your enemy is going to let the hostage wear kevlar and body armour?  I think not. Fatigues/BDUs maybe, but they'll remove anything that a hostage can use against themselves.

So yes, the mission above was just an example not the only use of the useability of a simple armpatch option.  

Anyway enough of my ranting.

that is a really different story for an addon, dont forget, they are only an updates of models that dont have much shinly new features

i dont really use the rangers

and i also believe they should have the american flags since they are the rangers and there are no black ops unit of the rangers

just hope the deltas can be edited in the pbo to remove the american flag

I have only one comment. The helmets are still way to small. sad_o.gif

I have only one comment. The helmets are still way to small. sad_o.gif

The helmets are scalled correctly to what the MICH helmets are in real life.

Bear in mind that these units do NOT have PAGST helmets, so forget about any comparison with them.