Sign in to follow this  
dm

Bas delta/ranger update

As BAS is a trendsetter, it is VERY important how the weapons recoil is set in a Ranger/Delta/Seal-pack.

Please, please, please do not take the original "starship troopers weapon ubersoldat config" from the marines pack.

MfG Lee

Dont "worry" we will be sticking with JAM, so the whole "uber" thing shouldn't be an issue... (unless you're an ardent FDF fan, where I'll say "its too damn cold in Finland... what would Rangers be doing there anyway" wink_o.giftounge_o.gif )

As for the SR-25 accuracy reports, I've just finished testing the new demo mission, and I'll let the score speak for its self. 54 kills plus 2 Shilkas, all with an SR-25 (the shilkas were with an RPG-7) and all at 200-500m range. Many were lead-in shots, on soldiers running left/right/towards me. Safe to say that it's pretty accurate...

I noticed (by comparing the rangers and the marines) that the soldier models of the marines seemed tweaked, like some ugly parts of stock BIS models looked smoother and more perfect. (ex: weird triangle in left arm), are the new BAS units going to feature these nice improvements has well has Earl's weapons?

And btw, the marine weapons are the best weapons ever made in OPF, model quality, textures, sights and sounds and they dont cause any bad impact in performance aswell.

The time BAS would spend to create new weaps that match this quality would be a waste of precious developing time that can be used to finish some of your other great projects, no need to reinvent the wheel specially when the wheel is made and already perfect wink_o.gif . Congrats on this very rational and mature decision smile_o.gif .

Quote[/b] ]Please, please, please do not take the original "starship troopers weapon ubersoldat config" from the marines pack.

After all these years OPF sp is still very tough game, and recoil doesnt seem to have any efect over a.i. bots, im ok with the marine recoil values, it compensates the fact that the marine weapons iron sights are a litle more dificult to use than the stock closer black sights.

i am not a hardcored fans FDFmod nor a "BAS Almighty"

but for me the FDFmods weapon are just having too much recoil and the shooting speed is too fast

time estimate on the BAS rangers/deltas with Earl weapons?

i need them for my campaign thats all, which im starting soon and i would rather not have to go and re do all the weapons.

I made a sort of JAM script, to allow me to easily give all US soldiers earl weapons. Also for East.

So i guess i could just edit that when the new pack comes out.

-ZiRo

but for me the FDFmods weapon are just having too much recoil and the shooting speed is too fast

It's more challeging and you get the right feeling when playing with FDFmod. Normal ofp is like "bleh" tounge_o.gif compared to that.

I was just wondering.

Sniper, when on a mission is he accompanied by a spotter.

Still, what is his weaponry? Only sniper rifle and pistol. Most of the mission is to create the opportunity to take a shot.

Would he use a different weapon then, just to conceal his presence and protect himself and a spotter?

That question is to DeadMeatXM2.

Is it possible to add a secondary mid range weapon to a sniper unit in OFP (i am not talking about mac 10 or uzi)?

to add a secondary mid range weapon to a unit you have to use a script like the one in ANDY_BACKPACK. To make it more realistic add a backpack to your unit (andy backpack or the one from fdf mod). Then, when you'll select the Backpack and drop it down you'll be able to pick up a weapon from it.

What about a slot used for ATlaunchers?

The rifle would be on a units back.

There is the anim problem with it, or isn't?

It's more challeging and you get the right feeling when playing with FDFmod. Normal ofp is like "bleh" tounge_o.gif compared to that.

funny thing is that it wont give me that feeling at all rock.gif in fact, the feeling really bad, like without cleaning the gun after firing it for 2 hold week and the gun just filled with dirt..........just too much out of the balance....... mad_o.gif

time estimate on the BAS rangers/deltas with Earl weapons?

i need them for my campaign thats all, which im starting soon and i would rather not have to go and re do all the weapons.

I made a sort of JAM script, to allow me to easily give all US soldiers earl weapons. Also for East.

So i guess i could just edit that when the new pack comes out.

-ZiRo

a long long long long time from now. Months not weeks.

Are you going to add any new gadgets to the weapons, or are you just doing retextures?

Different types of scopes, bipods, suppressors on the M249s...

Oh right, maybe a bipod script where recoil is reduced ?

When you said 'suppressors on the M249s' are there any suppressors for the m249 ? I would of thought the suppressors would melt ? crazy_o.gif

Re. ETA's: We havent suddenly changed our stance on ETA's for anything, so the usual

Quote[/b] ]When its done
applies.

Re. Recoil: We're sticking with JAM, so theres no point arguing the toss. All our recoil values (for the West weapons at least) have been validated by real world users of the weapons, and that is the way they are staying.

Re. Secondary weapons: Snipers have the sniper rifle (in the case of the De/Ra this is the M24 SWS) the spotter carries a scoped and accurised rifle (in this case a SR-25) The reason the SR-25 was created in real life was to provide the spotter with a weapon that was capable of getting long-range shots, but still having some capability when it gets closer in.

We will NOT be making any effort to produce weapons that can be stored in the secondary slot i.e. an M4 in the secondary slot.

Re. weapon "gadgets": Yes, we will be adding the SOPMOD accessories to Earls models, this includes foregrips, optics, ir pointers, suppresors etc.

We will not be making any form of bipod script, as this is allready in the recoil values for JAM.

As Ebud has allready said, this will take months, not weeks, as we have a lot of other work to include with it aswell. Just wait and see.

Re. Suppressors on M249's: Yes it IS possible to have suppressors on M249's. Read back a few pages here, and check the other OFP forums for us answering this question.

ohhh that really sounds good.. Earl's weapons are already so fkin amazing.. now with flashlights.. pointers.. and carrying handles its gonna be even better...

Question to BAS: I know atleast one member has seen Tears of the Sun, their Optics are mounted differnt on their M4's, are those still M4A1 RIS models?

And i notice all the addons for flashpoint remove the carrying handle for the m4's and put the scopes on.. Is that easier than just placing it on the carrying handle? If a soldier is in the field.. and lets just say for instance its dirty or he just doesnt want to use it anymore.. hes got his carrying handle optics now.

Do they mount them differnt for personal preference or is there some sort of advantage mounting them the differnt ways?

out of curiosity

Quote[/b] ]I know atleast one member has seen Tears of the Sun, their Optics are mounted differnt on their M4's, are those still M4A1 RIS models?

Replace "different" with "backward".

Question to BAS: I know atleast one member has seen Tears of the Sun, their Optics are mounted differnt on their M4's, are those still M4A1 RIS models?

And i notice all the addons for flashpoint remove the carrying handle for the m4's and put the scopes on.. Is that easier than just placing it on the carrying handle? If a soldier is in the field.. and lets just say for instance its dirty or he just doesnt want to use it anymore.. hes got his carrying handle optics now.

Do they mount them differnt for personal preference or is there some sort of advantage mounting them the differnt ways?

The weapons seen in Tears of the sun are most likely M4's, and not the A1 model (I've not seen TotS, so I cant say for sure)

But, the A1 model has the "flat-top" reciever, which means you can remove the carry handle in order to mount your choice of optics (or a carry handle if you feel that way)

The "normal" M4 model has a permanently fixed carry handle, for the simple reason it is pressed/moulded as part of the reciver.

See pictures:

m4carb.jpg

As you can see on this picture, the carry handle on the M4 A0 version is a solid part of the reciever (the pistol grip/magazine area of the weapon)

whereas on the A1 version, the carry handle is a seperate "addon" to the weapon, which has a flat-top revciever to allow easy mounting of various scopes and accessories

M4w-att-s.jpg

This means that you have to adapt your weapon, and either mount the optics on the forward RIS area (which easily replaces the standard hand grip) or via a small adaptor for the carry handle:

Method a.

ap10604inst.jpg

This is often the "prefered way" to mount the optics, as it means that they are still in close proximity with the users eye.

Method b.

artrij.jpg

This style of adaptor allows for a more "streamlined" weapon, but does not work as well with magnifying optics (due to the fact your eyes are so far away from it)

Anyho... both types of mounting (carry-handle, and flat top) will be in the new pack.

*Imagines a SOPMOD version of Earl's M4*

*Drools uncontrollably*

biggrin_o.gif

Sounds great guys. smile_o.gif

While on the topic of M4 accessorys

Any plans for this "little trinket"?

LSS.jpg

smile_o.gif

While on the topic of M4 accessorys

Any plans for this "little trinket"?

wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]*Imagines a SOPMOD version of Earl's M4*

With Earl-quality textures... biggrin_o.gif

Was just having a nice little firefight between AKM74s Spetznatz and BAS rangers on a little islet on a lake/swamp in Tonal.

I just thought it was worth noting that the Spetznatz shared the same behaviour and skill/rank settings as the rangers but they were far more effective on a one for one basis because of their higher rates of fire.

It does make a great deal of difference for AI units, and certainly it looks good when elite units are plastering the enemy with rounds in fire and manouvre.

So any chance of V2 of Dera featuring a high ROF version?

sorry for not reading all 19 pages... but i get an error with (this is the jist of what it said)

'no config JAM_M79'

or something along those lines...

...(this is the jist of what it said)

'no config JAM_M79'

or something along those lines...

You've not got JAM 2. I would say check OFPEC our our homepage, but they are both down.

Best bet is to search ofp.info or gotf.net (or some other site like that)