Sign in to follow this  
dm

Bas delta/ranger update

does anybody can use M4 Aimpoint? such as "BAS_JM4Aimpoint", "BAS_JM4AimpointM203" ...

I always get a "can't open bas_weap\....p3d" error. It probably be a bug.

common bug- wait until the update smile_o.gif

DM- one more thing: since there is a new p226 in the de/ra pack- does any unit from the updated pack going to use them by editor default?

First of all, i have to say that i didn't read all 14 sides, so i'm not sure if anyone have written this yet. If someone has still done it, i'm sorry for that double!

There is a "problem" with SR25 (Silenced): if u shoot in "scope-mode", the bullets hit the target too high (2 points in the scope). And there is no difference if u try too shot on a close target ot on a target far away.

Mfg MEDICUS

EDIT:

Another bug: The optic of the SR25 (Silenced) doesn't fit to the shot.

OK, there was a post like this. Sorry for that double posting! sad_o.gif

The M4's with aimpoints was my fault. I moved the optics model at the last min and didn't update the config - it is fixed in the upcoming patch.

P226 is there in prep for "other things" but feel free to use it in the mean time wink_o.gif

i dont want to sound like a Ass but when are the littlebirds coming out. Must been a big ass bug in the pack. rock.gif

Batdog,

You must appreciate that we are creating a lot of scripted events in order to implement the new functionality of the Littlebirds. This requires a HUGE amount of testing and refining for Mulitplayer. Every change requires that every tester get the latest LB's....and that they get uploaded to the test server. Then factor in that we have different time zones and jobs during the day, then factor inb family/girlfriend/wife time, then factor in friends time. Well....you get my drift.

Also...we decided to totally revisit the textures for the entire bird (you should be pleasantly surprised) and made some significant model tweaks.

Patience dude.....I promise it's worth the wait

did you decided to change the textures just recently. In other words: did you start working on this before or after the bas-week?

Same question for the model tweaks?

I hope we can see it soon, but if you decided to seriously improve the look and feel of your littlebirds I can wait. I still hope we can see them soon, though, but that's just my love for these birds talking. I don't want to push you tounge_o.gif

did you decided to change the textures just recently. In other words: did you start working on this before or after the bas-week?

Same question for the model tweaks?

We started work on the LB's long before BAS week, infact they were one of the reasons we thought of doing BAS week (several addons done, get them released together etc)

Anyho... Things change, we got some new info about the birds, and decided to update them according to this new info.

Basically, as always we feel that the wait will be well worth it, and that the new LB's are superior to any other helicopter addon available (you'll see why when they're out) For this very reason, we wanted to make sure that these birds were 100% bug free. And that takes time.

Basically, as always we feel that the wait will be well worth it, and that the new LB's are superior to any other helicopter addon available (you'll see why when they're out) For this very reason, we wanted to make sure that these birds were 100% bug free. And that takes time.

The best helo addon? wow_o.gif Daamn, looking forward to it.

I can't understand the people saying that BAS week was a "failure", I mean jesus, some people are never happy!

lol...to me, BAS and Martin's helis are already the best around

[wish] THE best heli would be one with multiple gunners  tounge_o.gif [/wish]

DM is a little excited about them, and "the best" is a subjective term. So before the flame wars begin, let me say that they are very nice, and will be a great addition to anyones stable of helicopters. Some will think they're the best, others won't. WE like them the best, but again results may vary depending on individual tastes.

And yes, at the last minute since there was time available due to extensive testing and coding, I decided to remap and reskin many parts of them, DM then rebuilt them, now ROM is refining them. Then throw in TJ's and ROM's coding and they should please a lot of people. Not everyone, but most. Much more than if they'd been released during "BAS Week".

HAHA. Yep, better that way than to invite people to come in and say "Wtf... you think your all that? <insert addonmaker here> helis are the best! You guys suck! What the hell was BAS week about you noobs. Not one thing worthwhile was released. You guys are losing it. blah blah."

So in the spirit of political correctness I choose to devalue our work in the hopes that the typical group of naysayers have no ammunition to work with. Lame, but anytime someone takes pride in their work, people assume it means arrogance.

that's fine ebud. But dispite your post I still think you guys suck wink_o.gif

Looking forward to this "could-be-seen-as-the-best-but-could-also-be-seen-as-worst-chopper-addon-by-certain-p

eople"-littlebird tounge_o.gif

Why do I even bother.

Because it's there! smile_o.gif

And because there are those of us who appreciate the work that the BAS Team has put into OFP. I salute each and every one of you.

salute1.jpg

curses OFP salute anim. crazy_o.gif

is the patch goin to b released this week? or wen the lb are released?

Exactly!

Can you tell us when to expect it (today, next week, next millenium). The Patch, please. rock.gif

Well,

I don't think it is gonna be a Picasso or Monet painting they doing. It is not gonna be a new space shuttle either. It is a damn patch, so I think we can at least estimate the time.

To BAS

I thank you for producing Helos and units and bikes and giving us new dimention to OFP. It was like changing elevators to teleportation, like going from Wild West to Star Trek, like... you know what I mean.

Still, last release of units were a bit faulty and I (if not the others) can't use them, until the're right.

HAHA. Yep, better that way than to invite people to come in and say "Wtf... you think your all that? <insert addonmaker here> helis are the best! You guys suck! What the hell was BAS week about you noobs. Not one thing worthwhile was released. You guys are losing it. blah blah."

So in the spirit of political correctness I choose to devalue our work in the hopes that the typical group of naysayers have no ammunition to work with. Lame, but anytime someone takes pride in their work, people assume it means arrogance.

<minor digression>

Don't worry too much about them. I can assure you that they're a (very vocal) minority in the OFP community. 99% of the OFP community appreciates your work. That other 1% is the portion that never shuts up, feels the need to be snide, and causes enough problems for the majority that ofp.info had to disable its comment system.

There's no need to devalue your work for the whiners. They'll still find some reason to stick it to you regardless of how you decide to present yourselves. You guys have done some incredible things and have every right to take pride in it, publicly and privately. I'm sure that most people here would agree with that sentiment.

</minor digression>

Thanks. I wasn't fishing for sympathy, praise, or anything like that but thanks for the kind words. It does make it all worth the effort. I/we all know about the minority who live for bad mouthing, and I don't want to steer this thread to be about them smile_o.gif I was just trying to diffuse any "hype" before it starts. It's better to have a low buzz about the Littlebirds rather than a full blown hype fest smile_o.gif I personally would rather see a quiet release and let the addon hype itself.

Well,

I don't think it is gonna be a Picasso or Monet painting they doing. It is not gonna be a new space shuttle either. It is a damn patch, so I think we can at least estimate the time.

Patience plz!

It'll be released when it's done.

I think it's better to wait for something like this instead of getting it too early with still some bugs in it.

Quote[/b] ]Still, last release of units were a bit faulty and I (if not the others) can't use them, until the're right.

rock.gif  rock.gif

Why can't you use them?

Mfg MEDICUS