Sign in to follow this  
nephilim

Us colonial marines

nice pics eric

sorry that i hang behind that layout

ill get it asap

can you drive off the ship in mid air biggrin_o.gif

gud work eric,when will you get the door and wheels textured, or is this neph's work wink_o.gif

anyways, can the dropship actually take off with the apc inside it or is it just 2 models one landed and 1 in the air

ive realeased a vid of this earlier on

yes u cang laod and fly off ingame

the crappy textures are by me tounge_o.gif

can you drive off the ship in mid air biggrin_o.gif

gud work eric,when will you get the door and wheels textured, or is this neph's work wink_o.gif

anyways, can the dropship actually take off with the apc inside it or is it just 2 models one landed and 1 in the air

No, second one was for eric, and yes.

No you can not drive off in mid air, cause only someone like you would try that, and of course you can load it, didn't you see the vid?

Neph's gonna get me the layout for the APC soon, there's some issue with the dropship, so she'll get it to me when she can.

But as said, yes you can, only thing is that the flight model doesn't reflect the extra weight, I'm hoping Kyle can figure something out for it.

Nice site ..............

m41model10.jpg

(Gnat imagines the death and destruction reeked by this weapon upon the aliens (and machines ! woops smile_o.gif ) when this mod is done ........ (hairs on back of neck raise !)

And VERY nice work on the UD4L biggrin_o.gif ......... I can't wait to take that baby for a spin  tounge_o.gif

Actually .......... thinking about it now ....... seems we'll need some human "opposition" too ...... we'll name them now as the "Xenolubbers" ..... those %#$$# alien lovin freaks! Shoot the lot of em biggrin_o.gif ......... ok .... so who's doing that mod ? LOL

i knwo jans site pretty long now

i have his first dropship which he then took back cuz u issues

i aswell build 2 m41a´s

one black one live green

most of his models are pretty hard to make

if u want tips ask biggrin_o.gif

Well, I've been playing with it for some more, and the dropship is a good weapons platform, but honestly I wouldn't suggest letting the AI handle some tasks, such as combat, and landing in tight terrain. Other than that, it's still fun smile_o.gif

the Dropship used in Aliens was scavenged parts from a blackbird stealth jet smile_o.gif

I also wanted to no where neph find out how long the chestburster took to mature rock.gif was it metioned on that crappy alien 3 which I felt like shooting myself in the head for watching such shit mad_o.gif

by the way the Aliens have 4 fingers, whenever I try to draw 1 I draw 3 sad_o.gif

not really the gear parts were taken from an old avro vulcan

doubt the us would give their stealthtech for movies tounge_o.gif

the larva needs about 3 hrs to mature

u can plot it from the first alien movie and uscm manual

alien 3 int that bad at all

all other movies are crap (a4,avp)

the original aliens have 4 fingers yes the 2 middle ones are a pair of 2 combined to one

at least i can see a pair of two nails on the middle ones

but it aswell depends on the breed

queens for example have 6 (or 7) fingers per hand

not mentining the lil pair of extra arms

not really the gear parts were taken from an old avro vulcan

doubt the us would give their stealthtech for movies tounge_o.gif

That´s true. None SR-71 part were employed in the dropship construction.

Another good detail: other pieces were taken from a british Camberra bomber in decomission.

I can't remember how long it took the chestburster to come out in Alien (1), but i think it was more than 3 hours. It's hilarious how the movies changed this period just because they needed it work with the different stories. In AvP it 'felt' like it was 15min.

And in ALIENS (my fav movie) it would be a very weird concidence that the USCM found the 'impregnated' woman under the atmosphere processor right at the moment where the chestburster hatched. I mean, how long did their hyperspace travel take ? 2 weeks ?

It's hard to arrive in a 3hour-time window after a 2 week journey. tounge_o.gif

Neph, you got a PM

More ds stuff, went up against the DKM Tunguska in a mission I've created, and I would say the ECM suite is good. Overall the defensive systems are great, I've evaded plenty of SAMs, and only one got a lucky (real lucky) hit one time. Other than that, good work Kyle smile_o.gif

@ dr strangelove

well the the victium mustve been just snatched by the bugs as teh marines entered orbit

kinda guerilla live just like newt survived

some updated pics of the marines and the m56 operator:D

http://img199.exs.cx/img199/5379/letsrock23ed.jpg

http://img199.exs.cx/img199/3505/marine10fa.jpg

http://img199.exs.cx/img199/4456/marine20vw.jpg

http://img199.exs.cx/img199/303/marine37wq.jpg

i hope u like the stuff

cheers

j

Well, Sr-71 ain't actually a "stealth jet"... Yes, it does have small radar cross-section and I think the paint is a bit non-reflective.

Plus there's not that much need for stealth technology when doing Mach 3 at 100,000 feet, over 30 kms...

Anyway, if you wanna info of Blackbird, this is propably the best site you can find. It has e.g. the original and official flight manual, scanned...

Sr-71 site

Though it seems to be down ATM...

Hey Neph, meet me on MSN.