Sign in to follow this  
nephilim

Us colonial marines

No bad. The basic camo pattern is nice, but it needs some wrinkels and shadwos to make it look like clothing and stuff. The BAS infantry kit has those wrinkel and shadow layers included afaik. You can use those on your own textures and make them look mucho better.

Are you also gonna do the ACU..eeh.. I mean the chicken-shit camo from aliens movie (faded green/grey)?

lol the chicken shit camo its on the the camo of hte arms for example

its just wip ill need to adjust soem stuff

yes i know ill make soem screens of jeens and make it on them

@neph

Gotcha.

Okay, here's how the ds overall flys..... like a pig.  But the thing is, once you get it started moving forward, it shoots off like a rocket.  It's based on the Cobra flight model, but the LOD issues (what neph told me anyways) make it hard to sideslip.  But after awhile, the beast is very fun to fly.  Turning is a pain, and if you wheel the mouse too far (I use a mouse, my stick for some reason doesn't work) it'll be canted off to the side.  I'm going to post some screenshots to show what you can possibly do (with the right scripts and stuff, or play use).  Maneuver the dropship as if it were a helicopter, it raises up vertically, and down vertically, it's sweet smile_o.gif.

Weapons loadout is varied, and fun to use.  Right now I feel the 25mm chaingun is way too overpowered (it can kill a DKM Black Eagle, but it shouldn't, least not outright anyways), but the other weapons seem allright.  Overall it's good as it is, but some more tweaking, and it's gonna be cool.

One feature that I thank DeadMeat from Ballistic Addon Studios is the "Land" feature.  If you used the MH-47E addon from BAS, this feature is also present.  It's available while dismounted from the Action Menu, and if the AI pilot for the dropship is away, through the Soldier Action Menu.  Note that like the MH-47E, the AI pilot will try to find the best spot.  Be careful on mountainous terrain, they could kill themselves (happened on one playtest), so bear that in mind.

Some actions, such as deploying/retracting weapons pods/gear are through key combos (script included with the dropship), as well as flight modes.  All in all, the only problem is lack of textures, but when it comes, more will be shown.

For right now, when I get a chance, I'll take some shots that show the capabilities later on.

The dropship has a beta countermeasures system, that works against Strelas, and against (so far) SA-19s. The Jammer I don't like too much, not on par with DKM's Mi-28 ECM system, but it works. And it's armored like hell, so...

@neph

Gotcha.

Okay, here's how the ds overall flys..... like a pig.  But the thing is, once you get it started moving forward, it shoots off like a rocket.  It's based on the Cobra flight model, but the LOD issues (what neph told me anyways) make it hard to sideslip.  But after awhile, the beast is very fun to fly.  Turning is a pain, and if you wheel the mouse too far (I use a mouse, my stick for some reason doesn't work) it'll be canted off to the side.  I'm going to post some screenshots to show what you can possibly do (with the right scripts and stuff, or play use).  Maneuver the dropship as if it were a helicopter, it raises up vertically, and down vertically, it's sweet smile_o.gif.

Weapons loadout is varied, and fun to use.  Right now I feel the 25mm chaingun is way too overpowered (it can kill a DKM Black Eagle, but it shouldn't, least not outright anyways), but the other weapons seem allright.  Overall it's good as it is, but some more tweaking, and it's gonna be cool.

One feature that I thank DeadMeat from Ballistic Addon Studios is the "Land" feature.  If you used the MH-47E addon from BAS, this feature is also present.  It's available while dismounted from the Action Menu, and if the AI pilot for the dropship is away, through the Soldier Action Menu.  Note that like the MH-47E, the AI pilot will try to find the best spot.  Be careful on mountainous terrain, they could kill themselves (happened on one playtest), so bear that in mind.

Some actions, such as deploying/retracting weapons pods/gear are through key combos (script included with the dropship), as well as flight modes.  All in all, the only problem is lack of textures, but when it comes, more will be shown.

For right now, when I get a chance, I'll take some shots that show the capabilities later on.

The dropship has a beta countermeasures system, that works against Strelas, and against (so far) SA-19s.  The Jammer I don't like too much, not on par with DKM's Mi-28 ECM system, but it works.  And it's armored like hell, so...

What da hell is wrong with the jammer?

What I meant was that the jammer, compared to the DKM Mi-28, seems less effective.  The jammer does work, but if you have the Mi-28 as the target, you can't tell which target is which (i.e. there are more target boxes in the top), whearas when you use the UD-4L as a target, you can lock onto it (only one target box), but missile effectiveness is lower.  I used the SFM Su-27 as the aircraft against the UD-4L.  I expended all missiles, and failed horribly against it with guns only.  Note that flares are available, but it seems too limited (I believe only nine uses).

Neph can give the basic description as she has a copy on hand of the Colonial Marines Technical Manual.  She's done a good job overall with the countermeasures system, so when the USCM addon is complete, she's not putting out a crappy addon.

Ahh okay... now I realize it, yeah, just my opinion.

Anyways, here's some flight shots on what can be done with the UD-4L

http://562.50megs.com/OFP/ds/ds1.jpg

http://562.50megs.com/OFP/ds/ds2.jpg

http://562.50megs.com/OFP/ds/ds3.jpg

http://562.50megs.com/OFP/ds/ds4.jpg

http://562.50megs.com/OFP/ds/ds5.jpg

Images still over 100kb wink_o.gif

i knwo the flare are limited to nine currently

it was just for testing reasons

about the jammer i wanted it be like ths eric cuz the way the

curretn jammers (eg F118 or dkm m28) dont seem right for me

teh onyl produce a lot of whirling dummys which make it hard to lock on but u still can if u do it by mouse

hte ds jammer produces sth simialr but dummys really close to it in xyz direction (6 dummies in total)

it will be fixed at later time so u practically can really lock on it

the enemy coudl onyl hope it fails lol

@ff

the ds has been created by me freindly fire biggrin_o.gif

Gotcha.  Hey, they haven't updated the MSN Messenger on my computes, so if you got Yahoo! Messenger, I'll PM my Loginname.  Any word on the layout?

As for the jammer stuff okay, I'll add that to the readme.  Just trying to understand the aircraft, so these guys will when the addon is finished  wink_o.gif

And no ff, I didn't do this one.  I actually made one in 3DSMAX, but this one puts me to shame... she did a good job, some glitches that need to be addressed, but overall good.

And sorry about the images Hellfire6......

And an addendum to the screenies above. The reason I have the nose more towards the building is because that's where the "spawn" point (as well as the "mount" point) for dismounting soldiers. The top of the bridge I had no choice, as collision detection is there for the lamp poles, and it would look funky with them sticking through the ds, but overall it's fun to fly.

sorry thers been a terrible accident at school today

i dont feel like doing anything and i wont... (well not serious stuff)

but i´ve drawn this at school in the mouring

schools so boring right now

measaclonialmarinelolwellkinda.jpg

fixed

posted wrong link :P

Hehehe, concept art eh? Nice..

Gotcha.  Hey, they haven't updated the MSN Messenger on my computes, so if you got Yahoo! Messenger, I'll PM my Loginname.  Any word on the layout?

As for the jammer stuff okay, I'll add that to the readme.  Just trying to understand the aircraft, so these guys will when the addon is finished  wink_o.gif

And no ff, I didn't do this one.  I actually made one in 3DSMAX, but this one puts me to shame... she did a good job, some glitches that need to be addressed, but overall good.

And an addendum to the screenies above.  The reason I have the nose more towards the building is because that's where the "spawn" point (as well as the "mount" point) for dismounting soldiers.  The top of the bridge I had no choice, as collision detection is there for the lamp poles, and it would look funky with them sticking through the ds, but overall it's fun to fly.

Aren't you the the texturer? Er... sorry I get lost with all my other projects I havn't been keeping up to date with USCM srry. Er... so what up then, how are the infantry weapons coming? Almost ready to add to the config?

sooo evil ahhh not fair

everything looks great really great cant wait for the ds and apc those really caught my eye

as well as the soldiers which are spactacular

And an addendum to the screenies above.  The reason I have the nose more towards the building is because that's where the "spawn" point (as well as the "mount" point) for dismounting soldiers.  The top of the bridge I had no choice, as collision detection is there for the lamp poles, and it would look funky with them sticking through the ds, but overall it's fun to fly.

Aren't you the the texturer? Er... sorry I get lost with all my other projects I havn't been keeping up to date with USCM srry. Er... so what up then, how are the infantry weapons coming? Almost ready to add to the config?

Yep, I'm doing the texture work, well, whenever I get the layout.