Sign in to follow this  
bmgarcangel

Somalian islands

BHD leave no one island on ofp.info, new buildings but no militia

Tonal pack, island looks like Somalia and has militia, rebel and goverment units wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Nothing can match this island.

East Border can, and it comes in both summer and winter versions smile_o.gif .

All the mogadishu-islands out there are nothing compared to Tonal's Tatu or other cities, and the Opfor pack is far superior to Bibmi's pack IMO.

@M21man: Maybe he meant Mogadishu-wise. smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]@M21man: Maybe he meant Mogadishu-wise.

Maybe tounge_o.gif .

I would agree with Gollum1, the units in the OFPOR pack are much better than Bibmi's militia.

All the mogadishu-islands out there are nothing compared to Tonal's Tatu or other cities, and the Opfor pack is far superior to Bibmi's pack IMO.

Never said that this is a great island. But it's Somalia smile_o.gif

The best is, for sure, Tonal!  biggrin_o.gif

Somalia is not Tonal. It's not close.

Go open an atlas or something, maybe get pictures of Somalia.

Somalia is not Tonal. It's not close.

Go open an atlas or something, maybe get pictures of Somalia.

Maybe drop the attitude?

From my quick one minute Google search I got this:

Somale%20refugee.jpg

Nomad%20Hut%20aqal%20Somalia.jpg

At a glance Tonal is very similar to Somalia, the Savannah missing. By far the closest any OFP island has come in looking like Somalia.

ya spencer, dude, like stop bein grumpy. hell, ya a sarg and shit in your rotc program, keep it there mad_o.giftounge_o.gif

ya i aint played tonal before but hell i've played a few of those somalian islands before, ain't any good. i'll check out a few of these links

hell, spencer, since u been a bad boy, u get punishment, build us the best mogudishu* if ya got da skill in wrp edit

~bmgarcangel

Before I start downloading on of these, just tell me, first person who says something about the best one they 've played so far, i'll download, cause I only want to download once smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]I like the Bibmi's pack more because I think it is more fun to have those somalians fight with AK-47 than something HK's weapons.

rock.gif The Tonalis fight with AK-47s and SKS rifles for the most part.

Get Tonal, it's the best African addon pack by far.

There is a Somila island with a city and an airport. Something is wrong with the land texture though. Does anyone know the one I'm talking about and if so where are the missing textures?

Thanks,

There are probably a lot of Somalia-like islands with airports and cities, what's it called?

The Mogadishu island is good for mouse-holing and post-apocalyptic sceneries. Also there is pieces of destroyed buildings scattered all arround providing good covers and firefights.

Tonal is definitely the best african-like urban scenery but at some ressource hungry prices. Still, easily affordable and providing lot of fun when using ladders and rooftops to secure the streets of an area when one is on the side of the coallition but good for rpg"ing" choppers and hummers for those being on the insurgents side.

I both of these islands it is a good thing for mission editors to use IED's and (spotters radio operators) for the insurgents side.

But mixing non-armed civs with armed ones as well as crowds is the best of this kind of scenario.

If someone gifted can use tonal as a base mixing re-textured mogadishu's building's and piles of pieces placed all arround as a roadblock's and signaling piles of burning objects  pack too.

Some weird roof cutted 70's cars some armed with mg's or g-launchers as well as recoiless riffles and some rusty 80's nissan's and toyota's too.

Now, there is just child with handguns and riffles with lot of recoil when they are firing wich are realy missing as well as tricked radios that go boom when they want to report activities...

firefoxlover.gif

Quote[/b] ]There are probably a lot of Somalia-like islands with airports and cities, what's it called?

Ah...Somalia smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Now that's what I call resurecting an old thread

Yeah, I was just currious if anyone ever came up with a fix for it. wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Now that's what I call resurecting an old thread

Yeah, I was just currious if anyone ever came up with a fix for it. wink_o.gif

Sorry for playing a moderator, but what you're doing here, is against the forum rules and brings nothing new to the discussion. Please stop digging! crazy_o.gif

wow over 2 years o_o. I don't think you'll find a fix though. goodnight.gif