Sign in to follow this  
bmgarcangel

Swear words

I dont know what other people think but hell

Man, I do think swear words should be included. Not that I like them at all, but hell, swear words are in common usage by american soldiers and other soldiers, to ignore that fact is to ignore reality.

Frankly, I don't think in real life must american soldiers would have known what vamoosed meant or why people would say meathead, meathead is like junior high shit.

Lamo

~Bmgarcangel

Disgaree.

agree (with the fact you disagree)

the excessive amount of swearing ruined Vietcong for me. An otherwise excellent game, but it didn't need my squad members screaming bloody murder every 30 seconds. IMHO that distracts from the game play, and although it IS realistic, at the end of the day, its a GAME. There's enough foul language on the telly...

I understand where you are coming from but I would have to disagree.

In a combat zone soldiers should use a restricted and selected vocab.

The mincing of too many words can and has lead to confussion.

Just the basic "GO" and "NO" for example with some background noise you could find someone doing the hard yard when they should be face in the dirt.

Anyway I think in all games there is a point where reality stops and some of that good old fashioned imagination starts.

Look guys, its a game right? But its not real, no where near real then. It might attract people who are older rather than younger or hte complete opposite if its more realistic, but mark my words, Avon lady, you've never been in the USMC, my father and a few pals that I know have and are currently in the Marines. Ive seen uncensored videos before of firefights in Iraq with a camera guy running around for cover and marine yelling Get that fucking guy or Get the fuck out of here!

Marines are and US soldiers, all of them, are still in there youth, a majority of them are fresh are still in there youth and you'll hardly see any that won't curse and swear to "Bloody Hell" during a fire fight or when they are talking about the enemy they are fighting against or some officer that pisses them off or something else. Its the way our soldiers our. They are young and still curse like mad when they get pissed or scared or sometimes joking around.

Back in world War 2 it was the same damned way. Vietnam was the worrest of it though, people cursed there like mad left and right, and a majority were really racisit folk. Viet Cong, even though has tons of cursing, protrays the feeling and sense of what people where like back then, aka young american soldiers full of fear and anger combined aint a good mix.

Today though its somewhat the same. We still curse like mad because we're full of fear and anger sometimes and other times you're just so damned wanting to get out of that you yell left and right and add a curse word or two to let the person know you mean business and not shit.

It may be different in your StAtE of iSrAeL but thats the way it is here.

~Bmgarcangel

We're not denying that its like that in real life. What we're saying, is why spoil the game with it?

Its un-neccessary, and would spoil the game.

Okay good wars contain the following:

1: Swearing

2: Hookers

3: Alcohol

4: An enemy that can actually put up a fight. (hence not Iraq)

Yes swearing should be a part of a good OFP breakfast.

Okay good wars contain the following:

1: Swearing

2: Hookers

3: Alcohol

All three of those would make OFP an 18 Certificate, and thus instantly alienate a large proportion of the community. Including yourself (I assume that, because your forum age is set at 99) and bmgarcangle...

I'm 30 actually, going on 15. My fondest memories are the creative mixes of swear words. Things like "you would speak clearer if you take that cock out of your mouth, over." and "stop acting like a bunch of queers in a wiener factory." classics.

Of cource in the Canadian military you can't legally say half these things without being thrown in jail for insulting someone whos not there. Swearing profusely in war is how soldiers deal with stress, it helps prevent post traumatic stress disorder.

Well it wouldn't ruin the environment of the game totally. In some of my campaign and missions they have included curse words in tense parts not because I like it but because I want realisim over meathead or Vamoosed, where as you ask some soldier what those two words mean, they'd be like....what?!?

It may be different in your StAtE of iSrAeL but thats the way it is here.

It may be different in you household but that's the way it is in mine.

My opinion has nothing to do with where I live but rather who I am.

Or did you imply a more political message, which in any case is incorrect?

Man girl you up late

no girl I aint imply no political message.  OFP made by BIS is widely based on American soldiers against other soldiers.  If you would like to make it real life like then do it, but to protray a american soldier or must of them as super good and nice and non-cursing is.....just unreal, must aren't

Some are, alot are, but a majority of them are young and ignorant and just aren't.  Why not protray a little bit during a fire fight.  

Now if I was in the marines right now like i'd love to be then I wouldn't be cursing left and right, i'd probably only be doing so in a fire fight because those like everyone says are confusing, frustrating, and scary at times, and people ain't going to be calm and yell to another soldier to get up and fight, he's going to make his point clear and make sure the soldier knows to get up or else right there and imediatly.

I don't like people who curse non-stop and american soldiers don't either non-stop.  Its just a matter of what position they are put in.  Same here.  I'm pissed beyond the half-point at school or something i'm like shut the F * * * up or i'm gonna slam ya into the wall.  That simple.  Point made.

~Bmgarcangel

Man girl you up late

8 AM here. It should be about 10PM by you. Put on your PJs and brush your teeth for beddy bye.

DeadMeat's comments express my opinion.

time is 10:22pm here huh? beddy bye?? ya right you wish lady. I got privliges to stay up and do what i want and go to bed when I want, in about 10 minutes i'm off in my car to go meet a few friends to watch a movie at the movie theater but before then I have to pick my girlfriend up from WWU ( western Washington University )( yes 17 years of age dating a 21 year old ) and after we see the movie then i'm going to her house for the night.

But hell, back to topic, Bastards and Meathead......I hardly ever hear those two words amoungst our youth. I just got finished talking to a few marines I know who are stationed in California, they said they never even heard of such a word as....vamoosed and they've heard of meathead, but there reply on soldiers using it....LMAO Same with bastards, not a word in common usage my good friends.

We prefer easier words and so do my friends like the four letter and 5 letter catorgory.

I gotta go pick my girl up and get to Bellis fair to meet my friends!

Peace out guys!

~Bmgarcangel

The soldiers should just say whatever is realistic in the situation. If they are wounded they'll be swearing blue murder if you can't handle it piss off because if you can put pullets in a human's head but can't hear a swear word you are the worst kind of wanker mad_o.gif

if you can't handle it piss off because if you can put pullets in a human's head but can't hear a swear word you are the worst kind of wanker  mad_o.gif

Spoken like a true Aussie! tounge_o.gif

wink_o.gif (winker)

keep the swearing "it's like taking fighting outa Hockey" BTW the crowd go's nutts when there is a big Fight....

try too tell a pro sport athelete he can't swear biggrin_o.gif good luck .... biggrin_o.gif

There should be swearing in OFP2 (It'll be M anyway, I'm sure tounge_o.gif ), but not so much that it gets press time for "Poisoning Youth With Vile Oaths". I'm all for cursing in firefights (Adds to the feeling of combat, play Vietcong and see what I mean), but it should be kept to moderate levels at other times in the game.

Stop embarrassing yourself, Arcangel, honestly tounge_o.gif

Anyway, I thought Vietcong was refreshingly rough andl with the swearing, I didn't expect a videogame to blare at me with such foul language. But I liked it a lot and din't get tired of it at all. Well, I guess killing fake people is better than fake people swearing, right? God forbid that they should include that other part, eh?

wow_o.gif

Don't get me wrong, I swear plenty myself (too much really...)

But, look at it, theres NO swearing in OFP (not that I can remember) and its turned out fine.

All I'm saying is, is it really necessary to have your soldiers mouthing off at you ALL the time? Yeah, every now and then it'd be fine, but not on the level of Vietcong...

I think what you guys really want, is the soldiers to interact and talk to each other, but you think the best way to do this is have them swearing all the time. Am I right?

Swearing is common where I come from. Even in my school the teachers and students r calling everyone wankers. Sweraring is everywhere. So swearing is allowed in OFP 2. Everyones heard it.

I agree with including swearing! I'm already tired of hearing sergant says to soldiers something like get those bad guyz or anithing like that. Yeah! they speak like gays. Sergant should swear, curse and insult like in real life!

that's why i love user-made missions. Espessialy FDF single missions. Oh.. if you undersand russian you will understand what da fuck i'm talking about. Now go play FDF and listen for that!

One or two swear words here and there wouldn't do any harm but constant swearing is lame. :P

Anyhing sounds or looks fine if it's made in good taste.