Sign in to follow this  
miles teg

Hawk's nimitz class aircraft carrier

Gnat @ Feb. 05 2004,11:49)]What doesnt work 4-1 ?

- Calling the script from the menu causes a script error ?

- Landing on the rear of the carrier after you have selected line break from the menu doesnt stop the plane ?

- You have no "line break" in your menu when approaching the carrier ?

*edit*OK i think i have fixed the problem

if you got 1.92 or above you dont need no stinkin CD  wink_o.gif

i can sorta texture. but nowhere near close what the level of this carrier detail calls for.. but i can make custom sunglasses haha (and dont request any i aint makinem for public tounge_o.gif thou i might be able to get permission from TOW to use some of thier interior textures. then again i cant apply them since i couldnt get O2 to work for me.. well ever. so best i can do is be a resource man on this deal.

PS: we should form a CVN editing team and help hawk out lol

I know I dont need the cd but my game got uninstalled after my brother networked a virus to me without realizing it and the infection was so bad I had to format my hardrive and since my cd is broke (also his fault) I cant reinstall the game. But my replacement will be in by tommorrow.

As for making a CVN editing team tht is not a bad idea. If nothing else maybe if Hawk need help he might give permission to use his carrier to make other carriers.

*EDIT* well atleast I have backups of all the addons and mods I like on disc. Over 2200 MB worth.

hey all i wonder if anyone of you people know how i can respawn ontop of the carrier or maybe inside the control tower? I tried using setpos in initfield but it only works when you start, then when you die you end up in the water and drown sad_o.gif

great carrier and thx for making a Mp fix version Gnat.

I tried with placing concrete stuff in the water and using setpos but that didn't work either because i spawned under the concrete stuff or else the carrier got mis aligned totaly crazy_o.gif maybe i can respawn inside a vehilce on the carrier like a truck or chopper/plane?

i was wondering that as well, I just wanna respawn on the top..

As for a CVN Editing team, my clan leader used to serve on the Big-E, so he'll be able to help out with interiors (Seeing that the Big-E and the Nimitz have a lot of similarities on the interior). I could also help out modelling some stuff. biggrin_o.gif

Now the only problem I am having with this carrier is when using a Ch-53 on it. Everytime I go in a mission I am making I get the error -->   '_unit = _this select 0 [#]': Error select: Type Object , Expected Array    but the error only appears if I use a CH-53 on Hawk's carrier and not others. Are any of you guys or gals getting this when using a CH-53 on the carrier. All I do is place it on the carrier and in the int field put --> this setpos [(getpos this select 0), (getpos this select 1), 19]. I tryed the search engine with no luck but will keep trying.

EDIT Spelling

i wondered why i was gettin that

Yep it is so brief that the message is hard to notice. But so far it has caused no problems with running the two together so I am going to ignore it till someone else finds a way to fix it.

RESPAWN ISSUE:

I use a script that gives you your weapons back when you respawn ....... It's also good for making "adjustments" when the player "appears", like sticking him 20m in the air so he stands on the carrier.

KIT.SQS

See second last line of script: thats a "carrier" adjustment.

Also, here is an CTF MP mission I made that uses 2 Carriers, have fun smile_o.gif

Air Time Capture The Flag

Gnat @ Feb. 14 2004,15:36)]RESPAWN ISSUE:

I use a script that gives you your weapons back when you respawn ....... It's also good for making "adjustments" when the player "appears", like sticking him 20m in the air so he stands on the carrier.

KIT.SQS

See second last line of script: thats a "carrier" adjustment.

Also, here is an CTF MP mission I made that uses 2 Carriers, have fun smile_o.gif

Air Time Capture The Flag

Link Doesn't Work

Edit : The second one

Help me I'm a moron.  I can't seem to find the Nimitz carrier anywhere!??  I've downloaded the most recent file via Gnat's link he put up on here.  I transferred the file to my addons folder, and I'm sure it's there.  But when I open the mission editor and try to find the ship it's not there.  It should be on the west side, in the armor section (where I find the mark 2 pbr and LST right?)  Could it be I don't have the most recent version of OFP? I'm running OFP vers. 1.46.  I don't have resistance yet  sad_o.gif

Is that the problem?

@shadowboxer

mate, it's under "West", "Hawk - Vehicles", "USS Nimitz"

Ignore the other "USS ...." stuff in the Hawk menu .... they are just the individual sections of ship.

And of course there is every chance it DOESNT work under 1.46 ......... get Resistance mate ! smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Life is good, choose Resistance

@lpdotcom

crazy_o.gif  seems to work for me ! Anyone else with a problem ?

Help me I'm a moron.  I can't seem to find the Nimitz carrier anywhere!??  I've downloaded the most recent file via Gnat's link he put up on here.  I transferred the file to my addons folder, and I'm sure it's there.  But when I open the mission editor and try to find the ship it's not there.  It should be on the west side, in the armor section (where I find the mark 2 pbr and LST right?)  Could it be I don't have the most recent version of OFP? I'm running OFP vers. 1.46.  I don't have resistance yet  sad_o.gif

Is that the problem?

it is on the west side but not under armor m8 look for Hawk under west side and use Nimitz wink_o.gif

shadowboxer sorry m8.

You cant use the Nimitz cause you need resistance and atleast version 1.91

Could you add radar to the AA defense? Not a radar model but the ingame radar, that grey bar that is on the top of the screen when you are in helos/shilkas/tank commanders ect.

Do you have the newest Version 1.1 of the CH53 ?

Yep Version 1.1 I check OFP sites for new stuff 3 times a day so I always have the latest ones.

Do you have the newest Version 1.1 of the CH53 ?

Yep Version 1.1 I check OFP sites for new stuff 3 times a day so I always have the latest ones.

hehe tounge_o.gif I do that too! I spend more time on this forum and hunting for new addons than I do playing the game... sad_o.gif

I spend more time on this forum and hunting for new addons than I do playing the game... sad_o.gif

Me too, LOL. biggrin_o.gif

We're all addon junkies! In my nightmares all the addon makers have disappeared and I'll never get a fix again. *Shudder* crazy_o.gifghostface.gif