Sign in to follow this  
miles teg

Hawk's nimitz class aircraft carrier

*sigh*  sad_o.gif  OK .... lets just collect all these changes and put into one carrier ........ so we can slow the forum posts smile_o.gif

Done ... took me all morning ... but I think its done.

USS Nimitz by Hawk .... Gnat repaired version 0.5

For more details of changes .. see lower.

Remember ...

- If you want the AA manned and working .. place a west AI on the map and put in the NAME field  "nimitz" without quotes.

- If you want to use catapults and Line Brake landings ... you have to select these from your ingame player menu.

- There are some holes in the deck, this will be VERY hard to fix ... live with it !

- There are still some plane / deck problems like folding the RAD F18 wings causes the plane to flip.

- It doesnt look EXACTLY like the real Nimitz ... LOL ... live with it !

- if you need to place ppl, planes or objects onto the deck, place the following in their INIT field;

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">this setpos [getpos this select 0,getpos this select 1,(getpos this select 2)+19]

This version is a makeup of versions #1 and version #2

#1 - Version of Hawks Nimitz found on ftp site mid Jan-04 (~2MB)

#2 - version of Hawks Nimitz posted by Hawk a week later that included a F14 and mission (~6MB)

What I found ......

ALL scripts identical except;

build.sqs

Only difference is setting up of AA Turrets heights. #2 Better.

My version: kept #2 and included (possible) MP play "clone" problem fix proposed by Killswitch.

break.sqs

Substancial differences. Further review required, but if seems as though #1 script was the later, because Hawk uses the

_vehicle vehiclechat format ["%1....",localize "STR_nimitz_land"]

instead of just

_vehicle vehiclechat "prepareing to land ...."

as in the #2 version.

My version: kept #1 and disabled the "Force out of Cockpit" action

land1.sqs

Most the same, just some extra brackets in #2 and use of STR chats again.

My version: kept #1 but put brackets in.

land.sqs

A speed check from 20 to 10 and use of the STR chats again.

My version: kept #1 but changed speed to 10

BTW ... not sure what these land scripts do ... lol

CONFIG.CCP

Are identical except that in #2, "\hwk_uss_Nimitz\script\" is missing from 5 script calls.

THIS IS WHY PEOPLE ARE GETTING LANDING AND BREAKING ERRORS

My version:

- Included ag_smith's AA attack range improvements

- Fixed all script calls

ALSO: My version, adjusted launch error on front 2 catapults, #3 and #4

NOTES:

All 4 catapults work.

But the left rear 2 catapults are troublesome because there is a hole in the deck just behind them and theres a "pole" sticking out from the carrier just beyond the end of the deck which can kill you and your plane.

Line Brake Landing works ........ YES ... IT DOES !! As it did in version #1

As normal, use at your own risk.

BTW .... THANKS AGAIN HAWK, hope you can continue work !

USN Pack contains all listed in the Readme. the carrier is up to date in that pack. so is the latest F14

United States Naval pack 32.7megs

Fixed Carrier:

has the latest carrier version with the fixed AA and MP scripts but does NOT have the updated F14

Latest Ver of the Nimitz, Modified AA and MP Scripts 2.16MB

both rar format

gnat's fixed version is now mirrored. same link. the USN pack is being re-uploadedright now 15minutes on the USN pack. the carrier is mirrored now.

thanks alot gnat

Edit: ill be damned. that landing script DOES work. its a friggin miracle biggrin_o.gif

@[APS]Gnat, good job, mate. Keep it up, I hope Hawk will include all this fixes in next releases.

PS. I'm going to 3-weeks vacation today, so after I come back, I expect to see final release here! :P

this carrier is awsome.. well done to the both of u.. one thing id like to see altered on this carrier tho is the 4th catapult (the one near the back) this one should be further back and not beside the other catapult.. apart from that i like this carrier and am able to get 3 Hornets to fly off it! (would be 4 but its to do with the problem above)

i have found a top down view of the Nimitz if u want to to ideas from it.. it has labled out all the parts that are needed for the carrier

aircraft-carrier-top-view.gif

im just helping out.. u dont have to do this if u dont have time or dont want to

once again this is a brillient carrier smile_o.gif

Edit:

Forgot to mention.. are u gonna do the decks inside the carrier? coz if u are this pic may also help u

aircraft-carrier-cut-away.gif

is there ayway to get the elevators to work cause i did notice some hangers inside the ship

I saw no elevator scripts in this addon ..... therefore I suggest no.

Havent even looked at the 3d model to see if that was even intended.

One little favor though,  can you remove or cut the size of the pylons sticking out on the left front of the carrier.  If you are on CAT 4 and if the aircraft you use can't do a 30 degree climb right at launch and not sink a little (Like from a normal CAT launched aircraft should), it will crash into the pylon with is the same as crashing into the back of the carrier.

Other than that the carrier is fine.

Hi, Hawk, apologies, there is the most inovative addon...

Can you add the new DKMM_tunguska RADAR Script to the carrier(who can help plane and other missile system [Patriot], to target like the laser designator) ? It would be great and realistic...

Hi, Hawk, apologies, there is the most inovative addon...

Can you add the new DKMM_tunguska RADAR Script to the carrier(who can help plane and other missile system [Patriot], to target like the laser designator) ? It would be great and realistic...

That is an excellent idea if someone could do it. Plus if/when people make Aegis cruisers, the carrier, cruisers and G8's AWACS plane can all be linked together.

Edit: Must learn to spell, must learn to spell, must learn.....

I know CVA 63 Kitty Hawk isn't the Nimitz I was in the Navy as an aviator, they are two seperate classes of carriers with the classes behind named after them. But it will help as this addon isn't exactly a copy of the real CVN 68 Nimitz either. biggrin_o.gif

Yep. I skiped some high school and went through college pretty fast and joined.  biggrin_o.gif  But it is stressful to do that as I found out. I missed alot of my highschool friends only did my school work and pretty much nothing else (year round college courses suck). Unfortunately the stress after all those years of doing just school work got to me. I was discharged shortly after operation iraqi freedom began with cardioneuogenic syncope. A heart condition.  sad_o.gif

*EDIT* Only 2 of my closest friends and administration at my school even noticed the rest of my school thought I moved and only found out when I showed up at grad to get my diploma cause my parents wanted me to go to grad. I skipped my college grad and had my degree mailed to me. I am not supposed to get to hot, stand for too long of even lift to much weight or my heart speeds up and I have blackouts. I was sitting around for 2 weeks before I was discharged and had to watch the war by tv.

I know CVA 63 Kitty Hawk isn't the Nimitz I was in the Navy as an aviator, they are two seperate classes of carriers with the classes behind named after them. But it will help as this addon isn't exactly a copy of the real CVN 68 Nimitz either. biggrin_o.gif

True smile_o.gif As harsh as it may sound, even the Hawk looks more like a Nimitz than this one :P

True smile_o.gif As harsh as it may sound, even the Hawk looks more like a Nimitz than this one :P

Yep but I still love it. smile_o.gif It is a testament to people who create these mods. It show they are hardworking and very dedicated to letting people like us use them for free and make a great game even better and have fun. Hats off to not just Hawk but all addon makers. biggrin_o.gif

and its even nicer to see the community ban together and improve the current beta while hawk improves the final. when he released it it was in semi decent shape. within the week we had better radar scripts. longer engaging wepaons and a working arrestor cables. anything else we the community can do to this? lol

and its even nicer to see the community ban together and improve the current beta while hawk improves the final. when he released it it was in semi decent shape. within the week we had better radar scripts. longer engaging wepaons and a working arrestor cables. anything else we the community can do to this? lol

lol How about add an interior. :P I would try but my game cd is broke and I am waiting on a new one I ordered to arrive  (plus i havent tried editing yet). The only thing I can probably do is tell someone the makeup of a carrieer air wing, or help number the bulkheads like 4-95-3-M which would be 3rd deck below main deck since main deck is 1, Frame 95 which is 95 frames from the ships stem,  2nd compartment starboard of centerline since that side only uses odd numbers, M for ammo room.

*EDIT* SPELLING

PS here is the official US NAvy site for the Nimitz http://www.navy.mil/homepages/cvn68/

wouldnt it be nice to have random (or fixed by scripting) hull number for the carrier?

p.s.i still cant get my break script works........ sad_o.gif

What doesnt work 4-1 ?

- Calling the script from the menu causes a script error ?

- Landing on the rear of the carrier after you have selected line break from the menu doesnt stop the plane ?

- You have no "line break" in your menu when approaching the carrier ?

lol How about add an interior. :P I would try but my game cd is broke and I am waiting on a new one I ordered to arrive  (plus i havent tried editing yet). The only thing I can probably do is tell someone the makeup of a carrieer air wing, or help number the bulkheads like 4-95-3-M which would be 3rd deck below main deck since main deck is 1, Frame 95 which is 95 frames from the ships stem,  2nd compartment starboard of centerline since that side only uses odd numbers, M for ammo room.

*EDIT* SPELLING

PS here is the official US NAvy site for the Nimitz http://www.navy.mil/homepages/cvn68/

if you got 1.92 or above you dont need no stinkin CD wink_o.gif

i can sorta texture. but nowhere near close what the level of this carrier detail calls for.. but i can make custom sunglasses haha (and dont request any i aint makinem for public tounge_o.gif thou i might be able to get permission from TOW to use some of thier interior textures. then again i cant apply them since i couldnt get O2 to work for me.. well ever. so best i can do is be a resource man on this deal.

PS: we should form a CVN editing team and help hawk out lol