Sign in to follow this  
MAA

Csla 2

I deinstalled my old CSLA 2 install. Then I installed it into its default path. After that I patched it there at its default (for me wrong) folder and then simply moved it over to the Operation Flashpoint folder and voila! smile_o.gif

Is the 201 patch installer dependent on detecting a Windows registry entry that shows that V2 is installed?

Quote[/b] ]Search The FAQ for "flagpack".

Thanks Avon but that doesn't really seem to be the problem. I did get the pack with 1.30 it seems. I've double checked it with the old seperate download. Infact I've played other campaigns with custom flags. The bug lies elsewhere and I suspect in my machine not CSLA2.

I'll start a seperate thread about this though if anybody else has encountered something similar give me a yell thanks.

After successfully installing the patch can the following be deleted:

Folder OFP\csla\Update.201?

Folder OFP\csla\Utils?

After successfully installing the patch can the following be deleted:

Folder OFP\csla\Update.201?

Folder OFP\csla\Utils?

yes bot can be deleted Folder OFP\csla\Utils is for czech users only

and Folder OFP\csla\Update.201 is after update only taking space on your HD wink_o.gif

What is the default path?

C:\Program Files\Codemasters\OperationFlashpoint - ?

rock.gif

What is the OFPMDE_Update.exe or the "OFP Mission Development Environment" for? I know you wrote in the readme that it's only for czech version but I'm just curious.

What is the OFPMDE_Update.exe or the "OFP Mission Development Environment" for? I know you wrote in the readme that it's only for czech version but I'm just curious.

It's the program, where all CSLA missions were made.

quote:

...The installation pack includes the addons, campaign and two different utilities for the missionmakers from Ruprt. It is a brand new version of his "OFP-Editor Help" and the utility called "OFP Mission Development Enviroment". All the missions of our campaign were created thanks to these two great utilities! The MOD has its own start-up launcher for starting under actual official version (1.91), under the beta version (1.92-1.96), too. The MOD has also the custom menu and island animations. Several single missions are attached to the MOD for some quick test smile_o.gif ...

P.S. the english version of it will be released soon... in the next patch i guess smile_o.gif

Thanks for the answer Nilz, I'm looking forward to that utilities.

btw, I have the same "Error: CSLA Mod is NOT installed" with the 2.01 patch. I'm also using GOTY (Mod is in C:\Games\Operation Flashpoint\csla) and I had no problem with 2.0 install. Will there be any fix?

Thanks for the answer Nilz, I'm looking forward to that utilities.

btw, I have the same "Error: CSLA Mod is NOT installed" with the 2.01 patch. I'm also using GOTY (Mod is in C:\Games\Operation Flashpoint\csla) and I had no problem with 2.0 install. Will there be any fix?

Like, there was a big talk about it on page 29 (just one click back) biggrin_o.gif

You need to put the csla folder in default OFP install folder (i guess) and then install the patch and run it.

I don't know what is the default path though.

Right now csla is @

C:\Program Files\Codemasters\OperationFlashpoint\csla

And i still get the same error... argh ;)

I installed according to the readme and I got an install error msg. Although, it seems to be patched and works just fine. rock.gif

I found a bug on the PT-76 btw, when some of the troops sit on the top of the vehicle, they are not touching anything(sitting/floating)...this was on the Russian naval version but I'm sure it must be on all of them.

I like the patch tweaks, keep up the good work! smile_o.gif

Patcher is looking in registry for OFP install path and automaticaly add CSLA folder behind that install path.

After sucessfull patching you can delete "\csla\Update.201" and "\csla\Utils" folders.

I think that problems with patching is caused by registry bug in GOTY edition sad_o.gif

There are different path in registry and real install folder...

For next CSLA patch we will update our patcher for that bugged GOTY edition smile_o.gif

A new patch, nice smile_o.gif

Good that you tweaked the rpg75/law to have a more realistic values, as it now needs two shots to destroy a bmp, which is a pretty good compromise between realism and playbility. I noticed that PT-76 needs three rpg75 hits, does it really have that thick armor?

Maybe in next patch you could add the sa-58 to standard resistance soldiers and update the resistance bmp, t55 and t72 models. wink_o.gif

I think I found some bugs.

1. Normal resistance-side soldiers have recieved two weapons in their inventory, ak47 and ak47cz, the later when selected has no ammo and when you select it and try to fire it, the game crashes to desktop.

2. East T72B? has missing indoor textures.

3. OT-62 Command, when creating empty vehicle in editor and when trying to "get in ot62, back seat" the player gets in the commanders seat.

Im using ofpr version 1.96 beta.

BTW, What about new SA-58 sounds and settings for RPG-75 hit-dammage? It is better now? smile_o.gif

@Grimmer

3. That place in cargo is for platoon commander. OT-62 Command version is mobile command station...

We are working on update where will be replaced resistance units with updated ones (by Edge) and added new units and vehicles too.

Aww man sad_o.gif

So we (GOTY owners) have to wait till the next patch comes out?

Jotte - can you help?

@Nilz:

If I understad it correctly then GOTY edition is installed in "OperationFlashpoint" folder as default, but in registry is path defined as "Operation Flashpoint " (with space between words)

(I hope that I don't invert that real name and path name )

1. Make folder named "Operation Flashpoint" and move whole CSLA folder into it.

2. Apply patch

3. Move patched CSLA folder to your original "OperationFlashpoint" folder

... but I'm not sure....

Plz, can somebody look at the registry for that full path key if I'm right?

@CanadianTerror:

Do you have installed whole MOD with campaign too?

Because this patch is for campaign too.

Actually I didn't install the campaign.

So I guess the patch was attempting to patch the campaign files and couldnt find them.

ok, prob solved.

smile_o.gif

I think that problems with patching is caused by registry bug in GOTY edition sad_o.gif

There are different path in registry and real install folder...

For next CSLA patch we will update our patcher for that bugged GOTY edition smile_o.gif

I have a GOTY edition of flashpoint.

For some reason your updater isn't compatible with GOTY edition. Here is the explainantion and the solution !

I looked into the "csla_update.exe" and I was surprised that he's searching the  registry key "MAIN" at : "Software\Codemasters\Flashpoint Resistance\csla".

This key simply not exist in GOTY edition.

So for people having a GOTY edition like me and the error message "Error: CSLA Mod is NOT Installed!"

1/ Open your registry editor (regedit).

2/ Go to :

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Codemasters\

3/ Create a key "Flashpoint Resistance" into Codemasters if it doesn't already exist. (Right click => New => Key).

4/ Add a String value named "MAIN" containing your full installation path to "Operation Flashpoint". (Right click => New => String Value).

That's it

WFX

Ummmm..........How we supposed too aim the 30mm in the russian hind???...its not mounted on a turret and the instruments are in the way?...same for the rockets? rock.gif...the "P" model that is tounge_o.gif