Sign in to follow this  
MAA

Csla 2

Maa,

About the path. My Flashpoint (GOTY) have the path .../Codemasters/Operation Flashpoint (with a space) but the CSLA installer (2.00) have a default of .../Codemasters/OperationFlashpoint (no space). I ran the CSLA 2 installer and let it install in its default path, then patched it and last I moved in the files to my Flashpoint folder. This work around procedure solved the bugg for me.

Sa-58 sound: still not a good one I must say, unfortunatly. I hope you guys consider borrowing some small arms sounds from the FDF mod. Cooperation is a good thing. ;) Or maybe you could leave the sound pbo unbinarized so users could change it themselfs?

I'll check out that rpg too. In the fox mission a OT-62, or if it was a OT-64, got 4 or 5 direct side hits by LAW's with no apperant damage.

I noticed 1 or 2 of the single missions still had chech names in overview of the sp menu. I'll check which ones and double check so I have not messed up and missed in replacing them with the new versions or something.

And the chech "special" characters in names give erronomous charachters for me. Like one of they guys in the Fox mission starts his name with 1/4. Is this possible to solve with a change in my windows encoding setting?

@WFX and Jotte

Thanx for explaining problems with path. We solve that problem in next version of patcher.

btw don't know if you know but someone was telliung me all vehicles light up and catch on fire when its destroyed, this is a really good idea but the riding bike also goes up in smoke.

Ok, that "bike bug" will be fixed in next update.

I think that problems with patching is caused by registry bug in GOTY edition sad_o.gif

There are different path in registry and real install folder...

For next CSLA patch we will update our patcher for that bugged GOTY edition smile_o.gif

I have a GOTY edition of flashpoint.

For some reason your updater isn't compatible with GOTY edition. Here is the explainantion and the solution !

I looked into the "csla_update.exe" and I was surprised that he's searching the  registry key "MAIN" at : "Software\Codemasters\Flashpoint Resistance\csla".

This key simply not exist in GOTY edition.

So for people having a GOTY edition like me and the error message "Error: CSLA Mod is NOT Installed!"

1/ Open your registry editor (regedit).

2/ Go to :

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Codemasters\

3/ Create a key "Flashpoint Resistance" into Codemasters if it doesn't already exist. (Right click => New => Key).

4/ Add a String value named "MAIN" containing your full installation path to "Operation Flashpoint". (Right click => New => String Value).

That's it

WFX

Thanks alot!

Now i can play my favourite mod again smile_o.gif

I'm sorry for these problems under GOTY sad_o.gif

I think that it is very hard to make something working fine under all versions and localizations of OFP sad_o.gif

We are testing MOD and utilities only under CZ, English and GOLD version.

Campaign was tested under 1.91 and 1.94 and updated (2.01) MOD was tested under 1.96 too.

P.S. Have somebody problems in updated campaign?

BTW, plz have somebody user-made missions (single-player, multi-player or campaigns smile_o.gif) for CSLA II MOD? If yes, plz leave links for download in this forum or send they to us and we will release they in mission-packs. Thanx.

...Have somebody problems in updated campaign?...

I do, i can't control Dirty dozen.

Firstly, where is the Dirty dozen anyways in the mission "Dirty dozen"?

Secondly, was that mission "Break point" when you have to steal the V-80? Well, i can't finish it, because i can't control the Dirty dozen...

Agh, so many problems.

Anyways, it's working fine. But what are these strange sounds in that cutscene after the big russian base invasion mission?

@Nilz:

Strange... we didn't have that problem in betatest. We are completing whole campaign 2.01 without problems sad_o.gif

1. Did you use BIS campaign cheat?

2. Which version of OFP do you have?

3. Are you playing whole campaign 2.01 again or do you continue from concrete mission from previous 2.00 version?

4. Do you try restart and play again these "problematic" missions?

@Nilz:

Strange... we didn't have that problem in betatest. We are completing whole campaign 2.01 without problems sad_o.gif

1. Did you use BIS campaign cheat?

2. Which version of OFP do you have?

3. Are you playing whole campaign 2.01 again or do you continue from concrete mission from previous 2.00 version?

4. Do you try restart and play again these "problematic" missions?

1. No

2. 1.94

3. I continue from concrete mission from 2.00 version

4. I will try that now - nope, i still get errors

Could you PM me finished 2.01 CSLA campaign or something? I could revert to the mission which i had problems in and see what's happening.

Also, i almost every time get this error when i exit CSLA. (doesn't happen when i exit other mods or just OFP)

Importat for GOTY users!!!

Here is link for download fixed patcher compatible with GOTY edition.

Instalation:

Replace original file in \csla\Update.201 folder

Note:

If you have CSLA already patched to 2.01 DON'T run patcher again!

DOWNLOAD

and there are updated whole CSLA Update 2.01 (include GOTY compatible patcher) at our primary download link

Hi CSLA guys, first of all, very, very, very good mod biggrin_o.gif, nice work.

Second: Lets talk about bugs  wink_o.gif Well, im spanish, and obviously i have ofp in spanish, i have installed CSLA 2.01 and one of the features is "english subtitles on every languaje", but when i start csla mod with spanish languaje on ofp settings, in both versions , 1.91 and 1.96, the subtitles were on chezc in game, but on briefings everything appears on english, that strange  rock.gif , also, on ingame player menu, i have one option in chezc, when i use it, small menu appears (in chezc) i pick on one button and the game suddenly ends  biggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

please, change correct that on next patch  smile_o.gif .

PD: If somebody have thi problem, to solve it go to ofp-> settings and select languaje "English". Then u see everything right.

PD2: Its possible that u dont understand some parts of my message, thats because i have a very veeeery poor english, sorry  biggrin_o.gif

PD3: When the hell is going to end that looooooooooooong intro?? rock.gif  

1. No

2. 1.94

3. I continue from concrete mission from 2.00 version

4. I will try that now - nope, i still get errors

Could you PM me finished 2.01 CSLA campaign or something? I could revert to the mission which i had problems in and see what's happening.

Also, i almost every time get this error when i exit CSLA. (doesn't happen when i exit other mods or just OFP)

B.U.M.P.

Dont know if this has been mentioned at all (You really expect me to check 31 pages of 'great, downloading now!'? crazy_o.gif ) but the .exe's that were created read 'clsa2' not 'csla2' rock.gif

Yeh, I know its not the end of the world, I just noticed it and wondered if anyone had rock.gifsmile_o.gif

@Nilz:

Plz try play previous mission again.

I think that there is not problem in mission but in UPI.

There is our own campaign "engine" called UPI in campaign which trasfers data (weapons and units) between missions.

Weapons from completed mission are stored by UPI in pool and you can use they in next missions.

Soldiers are stored in another pool too and at the end of finished mission survived soldiers obtain higher skills. If some of soldiers in mission die, they will be take off from pool and new soldiers with minimal skills (recruit) will be added to pool.

When Dirty Dozen in mission dies than he is replaced with CSLA paratrooper with minimal skills.

So there may be problem when at the end of previous mission UPI don't add correcly soldiers to pool and you don't have sufficient count of soldiers available now.

Sorry if I don't explain it comprehensible with my poor english sad_o.gif

P.S. Nilz > sorry, but I don't know what may cause that problem on exit sad_o.gif

I think that this can be problem in your linstallation or maybe hardware or drivers problem...

@Munk:

Yes, we know that there is small mistake in instaltion name and shortcuts names sad_o.gif

CLSA is correctly CSLA

@-=UOE.Txalo=-:

I'm sorry, but we added english subtitles for languages in international version of OFP sad_o.gif

There are used only languages: Czech, English, Germany, Polish, French.

We don't know how many other localized versions are in wide world sad_o.gif

It is not problem to add next languages to campaign in next patch smile_o.gif

If somebody have free time and want to translate stringtables from english to other languages then we can add it in next update too...

P.S. -=UOE.Txalo=- ...intro is 67 minutes long and each part of intro can by skipped with ESC key smile_o.gif

@Nilz:

Plz try play previous mission again.

I think that there is not problem in mission but in UPI.

There is our own campaign "engine" called UPI in campaign which trasfers data (weapons and units) between missions.

Weapons from completed mission are stored by UPI in pool and you can use they in next missions.

Soldiers are stored in another pool too and at the end of finished mission survived soldiers obtain higher skills. If some of soldiers in mission die, they will be take off from pool and new soldiers with minimal skills (recruit) will be added to pool.

When Dirty Dozen in mission dies than he is replaced with CSLA paratrooper with minimal skills.

So there may be problem when at the end of previous mission UPI don't add correcly soldiers to pool and you don't have sufficient count of soldiers available now.

Sorry if I don't explain it comprehensible with my poor english sad_o.gif

P.S. Nilz > sorry, but I don't know what may cause that problem on exit sad_o.gif

I think that this can be problem in your linstallation or maybe hardware or drivers problem...

Still nothing...

And your English is just fine smile_o.gif

Hmm... but i don't get that error after exiting just OFP or other mods... so I think that this is some CSLA issue, but i am not sure, so...

@Nilz

You try play previous mission (22 "Landing coasts") and you still have problems in mission 23 "Dirty Dozen"?

Can you plz explain me that problem lil bit concrete?

You don't have Dirty Dozen units in mission or they are in mission but they can't be controled by you as commander?

Add two more languajes to your next release, spanish and italian smile_o.gif

@Nilz

You try play previous mission (22 "Landing coasts") and you still have problems in mission 23 "Dirty Dozen"?

Can you plz explain me that problem lil bit concrete?

You don't have Dirty Dozen units in mission or they are in mission but they can't be controled by you as commander?

Yep

They are in mission but i can't control 'em.

!!Hey, the intro have finished!!

Well, im going to play now biggrin_o.gif

PD: If u want i could translate it into spanish , but i dont have to much free time, damn work and studies mad_o.gif

@Nilz:

Ok... we are working on next update for campaign. We found problem which cause that problem in mission Dirty Dozen...

Try backup your savepositions and try REVERT... and then try play that mission again. If that not help you then plz wait for next update... we are working hard on it now... i'm really sorry for that sad_o.gif

@Nilz:

Ok... we are working on next update for campaign. We found problem which cause that problem in mission Dirty Dozen...

Try backup your savepositions and try REVERT... and then try play that mission again. If that not help you then plz wait for next update... we are working hard on it now... i'm really sorry for that sad_o.gif

Sure, no problem.

I can mess around in the mission editor for the time being ;)

I searched for the problem but didn't find much. maybe I was just too tired. anyway. In mission 21 (?) called "fuel depod" I die die when I am ejected from the aircraft. so I can't play the mission.

First of all, great job guys! I love new units and the campaign is amazing.

The only thing I was curious about is that Kegety's high res skies don't work with the mod, I added the thing to the path of the shortcut but the original OFP skies remain.

The high res skies work with FDF and other mods... Is there any way to fix this?