Sign in to follow this  
Wilco

First imported model from pc halo

I'm not sure who has the models or anything, but I think it's dead.

Wizzy Wig has them but we havent been given any news on them in a long time. It does look like its dead....again. sad_o.gif

I've got something in the works, so its not dead. Although i wonder if anyone will bother playing it, ofp is generally a game for people who like real combat, vehicles, and situations. Heck, even I haven't downloaded any sci-fi stuff or unrealistic mods. But who knows, maybe i'll get a few Halo fans to get into ofp smile_o.gif

I disagree that OFP has to be realistic. I have speederbikes, wanzer mechs, tie fighters, UFOs etc. I'm pleased to hear work is still being done on this project.

Can you please make the Pelican and Warthog, and have the Pelican using BAS cargo scripts to deploy said warthog? wink_o.giftounge_o.gif

Captain

Yeap, I recently imported the warthog and it is working well. I'm still working on the pelican, and I've designed a script that lets it carry the warthog with people in it smile_o.gif Now I just have to figure out how to carry the scorpion tank around.

BTW i'm not saying ofp HAS to be realistic, I'm saying that most people who come here, including me, like ofp as a realistic war\soldier simulation, and they generally stick to realistic mods and modders. Which is kind of a bad thing because I think OFP is the perfect base for any kind of sci-fi mod, because ofp kicks ass and has tons of abilities that other games don't have and it is relatively easy to mod.

I plan on making some marines. I have all the models and textures for them, but I've been working on the vehicles mostly. lol one thing i thought was funny was putting the elite ingame. In the normal standing position the elite held the gun behind his head and his legs were really stretched out smile_o.gif It was just a big grey blob of polygons comin' at you biggrin_o.gif

BTW I will definitly need beta testers, and I need some people to do multiplayer testing with too as it is kind of a multiplayer mod.

You were able to import models from other video games.

How do you do it? When it is imported in O2 will it retain the same attributes?

I would really love to import models form other video games into flashpoint. Please show me how.

if this is gonna be a mod you need a website smile_o.gif

Ill try to make one and ill see if you like it

(if you do ill give you pass and stuff so you can update)

jankyballs: No thanks, i've already got a site, but I have nothing that I want to put on it yet.

pogingwapo: I converted the models through 3d studio max, but they lost all their properties like textures and size, so I had to rebuild them for flashpoint. If you want to import a model, just figure out how to get the model into .3ds format, thats the only way o2 will accept it. It usually means that it looses all its texture coordinates but it is better than nothing.

Well if you working......MAKE ODSTS!!!

tounge_o.gif

Also, i have some other ideas,

you could put a machine gun (the on on warthog) on the back of a pelican

Or a UNSC Special Ops unit with like marines dressed in black and masks on with some halo type of an mp5

Here are some pics. Nothing that you haven't seen in Halo though...

Scorpion Tank:

http:\\www.kamodder.com\~minbari_capt\mcscorp.jpg

Warthog:

http:\\www.kamodder.com\~minbari_capt\mchog.jpg

http:\\www.kamodder.com\~minbari_capt\mchog1.jpg

Pelican in flight:

http:\\www.kamodder.com\~minbari_capt\mcpel.jpg

Pelican landing:

http:\\www.kamodder.com\~minbari_capt\mcpel2.jpg

Pelican's cargo bay:

http:\\www.kamodder.com\~minbari_capt\mcpel1.jpg

And finally, damn those banshee swarms smile_o.gif

http:\\www.kamodder.com\~minbari_capt\mcban1.jpg

It's so beautiful!*Sniff* biggrin_o.gif  sad_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif

Are you going to make the UNSC pilots seen in the E3 2003 demo? If you need ideas for the control panel it is also in the E3 2003 demo.

Edit: Is it a possiblity that you could add a serial number variation like the RHS T55 to the Pelican and the Scopian? smile_o.gif

Actually for the pilot I am going to make them female only, and there is only going to be one per pelican. This is a Halo mod not a Halo 2 mod.

Is the Pelican configed like a fixed wing or rotary aircraft? rock.gif

*hopes for chopper controls* blues.gif

WOW!

*jaw drops onto floor*

These are incrediable, the pelican is just mavelous!  wow_o.gif

I really wouldn't care who was flying it really, it is just a beutiful model, heck they all are!

Now I have tried my hardest and I am not going to ask when they will be released, as long as they do get released...

With these units though, what does it matter about the style of mission playing. How could these differ from some of the better missions that we have now.

For example, if you have a mission now where you have to move your tanks into a enemy line of defence. Whats the difference if you use the Scorpian with HALO marines, or an Abrams and USMC's, as long as the rest of the units fit with it?

Great Work, can't wait for a release.

(don't mind when, concentrate on getting them right and don't rush them out when nothing works.  smile_o.gif )

hmm, i guess it would be pretty much the same idea, but the combat would be a little different. For example, the scorpion has a higher rate of fire on its main cannon compared to the abrams, but does simular damage. The scorpion's main cannon is also rocket based instead of shell based to simulate the scorpion's tracer trail and also so it has a more realistic tragectory. This also means that it is more likely to miss a moving target and would be a lot less accurate at long ranges.

As for the infantry part of it, the unsc marines are way better armed and armored than the usmc guys, so they can take more damage and their weapons make them more aggressive.

Also, i plan on removing their ability to lay down, and I also want to have them carry rocket launchers like regular weapons, so basically they will be more offensive than defensive. So in conclusion, the combat will be more close range, and it will be harder to kill the units, so it should make for some more interesting battles.

C4P741N: Sorry, but its configed as a plane. Although a chopper config would sound better, it is completely uncontrollable. Ofp calculates the manuverability by the size of the chopper, and the pelican is twice as long and twice as wide as the chinook. It is slow at accelerating and it is almost impossible to stop or turn, so it effectively looses the benifits of being a chopper. Right now I am using a neat little landing/ takeoff script that is working well.

Awsome man! keep up the work!

Other Ideas

Misc:

crashed lifepod

Destroyed scorpian

Destroyed warthog

crashed pelican

Men:

ODSTS! tounge_o.gif

spec ops div again  smile_o.gif

reg marines except camo shirt and pants (would be cool)

THE FLOOD!!! (maybe using the zombie script?)

Covennant aliens

Air:

Longbow

Veh:

Hmmm rock.gif

EDIT:If you could do the ODSTS or Camo marines you would be TOTALY AWSOME

EDIT2: oh ya, is there the plasma comin out of plasma rifles and banshees or just reg bullets

for any pics look here

http://www.bungie.net/Games....&page=1