Wilco

First imported model from pc halo

Small update:

This pelican has seen better days...

http:\\www.kamodder.com\~minbari_capt\mcpeldam.jpg

Also I started to import the weapons. Here is the Assault Rifle

http:\\www.kamodder.com\~minbari_capt\mcar01.jpg

There is lots of other stuff going on too, mostly scripting. I

made a script that lets you flip the warthog if it is laying on its side, I've been doing some scripts to make more realistic grenades (at least realistic from a Halo perspective), I've also been working on the ghost and getting it to hover over water.

One thing that I am trying to do is mod my xbox using 'software exploits', basically all I want is to get the models from the Xbox version of Halo because they keep their texture coordinates when extracted unlike the pc version of Halo. Until I do that I will continue manually retexturing them in o2.

it sure looks nice MC(and i wonder what will those Halo fans say..........)

MC, could you please release these vehicles with ofp default men as driver/pilot?. I would use these with all kinds of units and would hate to have to wait for infantry units to use them.

The screenshotslook excellent, can't wait.  biggrin_o.gif

edit: Another thought on Pelican control could be similar to the FLK Harriers VTOL system.

Another thought on Pelican control could be similar to the FLK Harriers VTOL system.

The script I am using for the vtol is a lot simpler than the

harrier script and works flawlessly with the AI. You basically get in, hit the gas and the script launches you into the air at a realistic speed. Its is intergrated with the animated exhast jets so it looks and acts just like the real Halo pelican. It is also simpler because you don't have to deal with any user actions (except for landing).

As for releasing the vehicles seperatly,  no. I plan on releasing everything together, but don't worry about waiting for infantry, because there are only 3 different units, MC, marines and a female pilot. There are also only 4 weapons, so it won't take too long to do.

I will hopefully release a covenant pack later on, but until then it will be kind of like a multiplayer ctf type thing. The covenant vehicles aren't the problem, its the aliens that need tons of config work and new animations. One thought I had is that the covenant don't have a rocket based weapon, so i could config their rocket anims to fit the needler, and then I could config the needler as an anti-infantry guided weapon, so the little needles would follow you smile_o.gif

As for releasing the vehicles seperatly,  no. I plan on releasing everything together, but don't worry about waiting for infantry, because there are only 3 different units, MC, marines and a female pilot. There are also only 4 weapons, so it won't take too long to do.

what about POA crew and ODST!  PLEASE DONT LEAVE ODST OUT! I would love  to send those guys on spec-op missions or suicide missions! Pleas make them! pretty please with sugar ontop   sad_o.gif  tounge_o.gif

Nice job guys this is so cool. Very nice! Also the Halo 2 Trailer is sweet. That looks so amazing. Keep up the nice work. Looking forward to this. biggrin_o.gif

oh well, questions answered and I leave it in your capable hands Master_Chief. Looking forward to a release. wink_o.gif

Cap.

cant wait for this pack

you should post some of this stuff on ofp info and you might get some other addmakers and to work with you

ive read the book HALO: First Strike, it has seraph fighters in it but i have no idea of what they look like

ive read the book HALO: First Strike, it has seraph fighters in it but i have no idea of what they look like

They are tear droped shaped/looks like a Scarab beatle. That is all we know. As for the Longsword, we know what it looks like and we know some of its armament.

Hey, im learnin how to use O2, once I get used to it ill prob make some other Halo addons (like male pilots or diff variations of stuff like desert camo, woodland camo warthogs or ODSTS if Master Cheif doesnt or just help chief)

The Frenchman: Yes just reg male pilots (couldnt PM you, your pm messenger is full wink_o.gif )

well, noone will help me on Ofp Info Forums, so maybe you Mater Chief can help, ok, so i d/l viewer and o2light, I follow BRRESBS tutortorial on how to set up o2. I follow his instructions to you start o2 up, i get a message that says "unable to open viewer", i try to open it on the toolbar on o2 and it has the same message! can you help?

Edit: Do ya mind if I send some stuff to ofp info?

i get a message that says "unable to open viewer", i try to open it on the toolbar on o2 and it has the same message! can you help?

Edit: Do ya mind if I send some stuff to ofp info?

Okay...

I don't have any expierience troubleshooting o2, it always worked for me.

I will send stuff to ofp info when I am ready, probably when I get the chief and the marines ingame.

A covenant cruiser would be possible, but it would be a lot of work for just a piece of eye candy.

I am making the longsword, but no seraph fighters as they are not in Halo. same with ODST and all the stuff from the books and Halo 2 trailers. This is just a simple Halo 1 mod.

The flood - I don't think I ever thought about making them because this mod wasn't going to take place on Halo, but once I got the halo sky in it kind of switched directions. I guess I could do the flood, as they would use the same anims as the elites and marines. A flood ranger would be simple enough to do as it only needs one animation. This would actually work pretty well, because the flood could be on the resistance side, the unsc on west and the covenant on east, so we could even have true three sided battles smile_o.gif

Ok, uim making my first addon (a crate) on bressbs tutortorial where you put textures on, can you just tell me where the "Fill Solid Faces" button is?

thx smile_o.gif

if your not making ODSTs! I AM!

tounge_o.gif

and perhaps when your done with the halo 1 mod, me and you could work on a halo2 mod? Deal?

ODST would be quite hard to make if i am correct, as - unlike Halo 1 itself which have models from both XB and PC - there is nearly no reference about it(just 2 hardshot, a RT gameplay video and few snapshot from the community i think)

EDIT:hum.....will this mod be announce to the Halo community rock.gif

will this mod be announce to the Halo community rock.gif

I suppose, but I've spent lots of time recently in the halo modding forums (halomods.com and Hackhalo.com) and OMG what a bunch of assholes! The simplest post or question is flamed to death, and its the regular members that are doing it. Here is how a halo mod forum works:

Newbie: How do I get the Wraith tank into bloodgulch?

2 posts

elitemember: OMG LERN 2 MOD U FUCKING n00b!!!!!

4230 posts

I seen some spamming, flaming and complaining on this forum but compared to a halo mod forum this is a nun chatroom. So I will post something in a halo PLAYING community, but the modding forums are the ass end of the general modding community so I won't post there.

ah, my worse nightmare comes true~KIDS!!! wink_o.gif

i think the same way as frenchman though