Sign in to follow this  
Tigershark_BAS

Bas littlebirds

Same has others... pretty much perfect addon, perhaps new in cargo animations, startup/shutdown engine sound, etc... oh wait, ofcourse new minigun sounds just like the MH-60's smile_o.gif

On our list...as well as the minigun model from the MH-60s

Perhaps a working map in the cockpit smile_o.gif ?

Considered it...but haven't seen a moving map display in any LB images yet...will check with sources on this one as well.

(..)

Quote[/b] ]

*a very little less maneuverability

Less maneuverability?rock.gif

(..)

well, maybe.

i mean: its perfect the way it is now! but i was pointing to the magic "death dive" the littlebirds tend to go into at a certain speed- i think it´s somewhere around 250km/h and above. but maybe there´s a value which keeps the LBs flight behaviour but lowers the possibility of the death dive.

anyways, it´s still cool the way it´s now: it kinda fakes the max speed limit smile_o.gif

//edit

qoute code

*writes down "Make LB pang proof"*

*scratches off list*

smile_o.gif

mmm everything mentiond above what would be a cool future is what is going te come in Battlefield Vietnam that the Lil Birds can play music,Old music but very cool. But also a cool future would be is grap bar that the ranger grabs the bars beneeth the HELO and then it fly's away biggrin_o.gif

I don't recall ever seeing it employed in a Nam mission.

If you mean OFP missions: They have a missing Texture bug in some LODs... that's maybe why it wasn't used.

1. new cargo anims

2. new weapon sounds (with tracers added 2 miniguns)

3. CAS scripting

4. Engine Startup

5. Rapid Isertion (like a real lb insertion that doesnt take as long as bis makes the choppers land now.

All of those are BAS-doable becuz uve done that with past addons.. as far as time constraints dunno the best of luck to you :-)

we dont need fast roping from a LB.. thats why we got the blackhawks.. if u got four of the same addons withe same thing.. kinda takes away how much u worked on the previous addon.

well new ...err..well everything above

but ive seen littlebirds with people fast ropping of the sides whuch looks cool biggrin_o.gif

On our list...as well as the minigun model from the MH-60s

Good news, the miniguns on the mh-60's look much better and sound better than the ones on the LB's and the MH-47.

I never heard one in RL but i liked the sound they used in DF-BHD, other than that the game was a pos tounge_o.gif .

Quote[/b] ]The last thing is a bigger project and also feutures the satcom which isnt in the LB pack, and its also more of a general thing for your choppers, but i write it anyways. Just like your CAS script you should make it so a group with a satcom would be able to call for any bas chopper located on the map. Not only within viewdistance or when its on the ground. Kinda like the CoC artillery thing.

Now that is an oustanding idea, maybe it should be discused on BAS discusion thread, could be used like the call support ingame feature that we can use to call medic, repair or rearm units, goes a bit offtopic but i couldnt help to post on such a terrific idea smile_o.gif .

I think most everything has been covered, but how about a script to make the AI pilots jink and use the LBs phenomenal agility to reflect its RL survival tactics.

Pretty much everything I want has been said so far except for 2 things:

1) a script that makes em use their ffar's against infantry (more often, ive only seen the lbs use em against inf like once or twice in all the times Ive played with them, which is a lot of times  biggrin_o.gif )

2) Something that I noticed a long time ago but noone has ever mentioned, it seems like all of the OFP choppers, from the BAS lbs to the BIS chinook, to DKM's Havoc have a problem moving sideways from a hover.  They always go one way fine, but if you try to go the other way, the choppers just tilt to a really high angle and stay in place/move extremely slowly. Could you guys take a look at the chopper configs and see if there is a way to fix it, or is it a game engine issue?

Edit: I really like the idea of making both guns have big bright tracers like the Havoc, would make their gun runs a lot scarier and better looking.

Everything seems to be pretty much covered, but for my 2 cents; Would it be possible to add a cargo position on the floor of the rear cabin where a wounded anim could be placed?

Oh yeah, From when the LBs first appeared, lose the seats in the rear of the AH6, and make the ammo storage larger.

smile_o.gif

KLR motorcycle racks. I never seen any pictures of it, but read somewhere the LB could be fitted with them.

Quote[/b] ]I think most everything has been covered, but how about a script to make the AI pilots jink and use the LBs phenomenal agility to reflect its RL survival tactics.

Maybe a script that moves the chopper with setvelocity smile_o.gif ?

Rapid Insertion, more cargo space and some more features... Plus all the civilian versions of the MD500. biggrin_o.gif

The only thing I don't like about the BAS LBs is the VOOOOLUUME lol... If I fly in the LB, I usually turn my OFP volume right down, as I can't hear myself think, let alone communicate on TS, and voice comms are kinda important when you're flying at 2m, 250km/h in the dark behind enemy lines under fire and no dinner rock.gifbiggrin_o.gif

Forgot a little thing. Move them to the same folder as the other BAS choppers.

I know this isn't really a valid suggestion but I would like a naked group picture of the BAS team to go along with the Addon. I would like Tigershark and Ebud to be hugging in this nude picture.

I know this isn't really a valid suggestion but I would like a naked group picture of the BAS team to go along with the Addon. I would like Tigershark and Ebud to be hugging in this nude picture.

I totally second that.

*gay voice*

so how bout it boyz?

Quote[/b] ]

*if possible: giving the skids a higher armor value in order to make faster flare landings possible. i.e. with 45km/h

Will investigate...although I'm not sure how realistic it is to come in that speed...I will check with my sources.

This seems like a great addition.  And I don't think it's too far out there.  In the TH-57 we'd practice coming in at 20-25 knots easy.  If it was a no wind day, you'd come in above transational lift, which would be about 20-25, and slide it in.  Not sure what 45 Km/H equates to in those "backward" countries that use that sort of thing, but it's got to be less than 20 knots.  I'll go check my speedometer in my car tomorrow.  ::):

Granted, this was a different airframe, but it certainly wasn't ruggedized like the Army equipment.  My $.02...if only there was some kind of internal BAS forum to post this in......   wink_o.gif

How about a nice PR for your spammish efforts? You too, Blackdog...

Trust me....you do not want to see that. Our Naked BAS calendar did abysmally on Amazon.com. Back to the fundraising drawing board I guess.

Quote[/b] ]The last thing is a bigger project and also feutures the satcom which isnt in the LB pack, and its also more of a general thing for your choppers, but i write it anyways. Just like your CAS script you should make it so a group with a satcom would be able to call for any bas chopper located on the map. Not only within viewdistance or when its on the ground. Kinda like the CoC artillery thing.

Yes like the support pack a menu with selection and type of mission.

Gets my vote.