Sign in to follow this  
Tigershark_BAS

Bas littlebirds

If we were to put our LB's through an upgrade process...which has been sitting on the back burner for sometime........what would people like to see?

And please keep in mind time constraints....nothing too intensive like "I'd like all civilian models of the MD500"

We are looking for focused and constructive input to a LB upgrade program.

Let the games begin  biggrin_o.gif

Maybe Fast (Rapid) Insertion, Fast Ropping, New Cargo Animations,

More Cargo Space (6 Soldiers+2 Pilots),Smoke and Fire Scripts,any wrecked Versions

Close Air Support like the AH60 DAP

Hope there is anything you can use for the updated LB

OG

Possibility for 6 men to sit on the "planks" on the MH-6...chopperdust and new anims (duh)...well, the addon is pretty much perfect already. smile_o.gif

Oh, and a wrecked version.

Fast insertion, and new cargo animations, as mentioned above.

I think BAS and their "Been there, done that," advisors have made themselves pretty clear about the number of passengers in the MH-6.

I want the smoke rockets not to blow up so often biggrin_o.gif

A version for resistance side without markings? so I can use it in any kind of army of any extrange missions I may make?

biggrin_o.gif A sniper rifle as a weapon? biggrin_o.gif

If DeadMeat reads this he may know why I put smilies as quotes. biggrin_o.gif

@CERO.

Edit: Or another type of weapon that you could find in many armies from around the world. meening assault rifles and things like that.

Hahah, the ability to make it "hold position" and snipe from the chopper would be very nice, just like with the MH-47E.

I don't know if it's reliable info or typical media ignorance, but Time magazine claimed that the MH-6 was a "perfect sniper's platform" in 2001. They also claimed that it was "whisper-quiet", though. rock.gif

What about a gunner fithed with a sniper (M21)

If its possible smile_o.gif

It's the OH-6A from the Nam pack. Jeez Avon, where've you been?  tounge_o.gif

I don't recall ever seeing it employed in a Nam mission.

You mean in real life....or in OFP Avon?

It has been a std. unit in NamPack2 since it's release. Was developed by ST in conjunction with the LB's specifically for the Nam pack...is essentially the same model with different tail config., different weapons, different cockpit textures and few model changes here and there.

Perhaps we need a topic in the FAQ for it...he he he wow_o.gif

Perhaps we need a topic in the FAQ for it...

It's not frequently asked. biggrin_o.gif

DOH!

Avon Lady........always one step ahead.

yay!

a littlebird topic smile_o.gif

here´s my list:

*engine startup and -shutdown sounds (already got some- you might have noticed them in a mission on TJs server. feel free to use them)

*new rotor sound (changed my LBs to use a different one)

*m4 holo instead of mp5 on "mh6 armed" version

*a very little less maneuverability

*if possible: giving the skids a higher armor value in order to make faster flare landings possible. i.e. with 45km/h

*a sniper version would be nice.

*script to transport and drop ammocrates (can be done by mission designer aswell, so not really important...)

more to come wink_o.gif

The current LB's are pretty much as good as they can be. But they could do with CAS scripts, chopper dust and all the other goodies. Aswell as new cargo animations mentioned above. smile_o.gif

I remember some one saying they had seen a picture of the LB carrying the KLR(sp?) bikes, in RL. was that pic found? i think that (if done in RL) would be a great adition to the pack. the thing really wanna see, is new animations for the cargo space on the sides.

what would people like to see?

Nothing!

The LBs are very good as they are now, look nice, work in mp and the action menu is not overflowed with usless entries.

MfG Lee wink_o.gif

I remember some one saying they had seen a picture of the LB carrying the KLR(sp?) bikes, in RL. was that pic found? i think that (if done in RL) would be a great adition to the pack. the thing really wanna see, is new animations for the cargo space on the sides.

New cargo anims done

Quote[/b] ]

yay!

a littlebird topic smile_o.gif

here´s my list:

*engine startup and -shutdown sounds (already got some- you might have noticed them in a mission on TJs server. feel free to use them)

We'll look into it..thanks

Quote[/b] ]

*new rotor sound (changed my LBs to use a different one)

Again...we'll look into ît.

Quote[/b] ]

*m4 holo instead of mp5 on "mh6 armed" version

Problem here...I had asked for this as well....problem is that it would break older missions that already have the MP5 armed version in it. MP5 stays...however, the SOAR pilots obviously carry the M4 Eotech.

Quote[/b] ]

Less maneuverability?rock.gif

Quote[/b] ]

*if possible: giving the skids a higher armor value in order to make faster flare landings possible. i.e. with 45km/h

Will investigate...although I'm not sure how realistic it is to come in that speed...I will check with my sources.

Quote[/b] ]

*a sniper version would be nice.

To be honest....I don't think this will happen.....it would mean a new LB model and blow out the size of the pack for what isn't an essential function of the LB.

Quote[/b] ]

*script to transport and drop ammocrates (can be done by mission designer aswell, so not really important...)

Personally...I think this should be a mission designer task.

The current LB's are pretty much as good as they can be. But they could do with CAS scripts, chopper dust and all the other goodies. Aswell as new cargo animations mentioned above.  smile_o.gif

On our list :-)

Same has others... pretty much perfect addon, perhaps new in cargo animations, startup/shutdown engine sound, etc... oh wait, ofcourse new minigun sounds just like the MH-60's smile_o.gif

Upgrade to Blackhawk Standard

-Dust

-Land effect

-Fast insertion

-Rappel

-Extraction

-Engine smoke.

-Does LB's have flare's if yes then also flares.

-Maybe also the ladder extraction, but if you choose so make it a bit longer than on blackhawks so choppers wont hit trees when doin it from a forrest.

Might be more Blackhawk effects just cant remember them smile_o.gif

Other things

-Moving target pod on the MD500.

-Adding tracers shots on both guns on the MH-6 with 2 gatlings like on the DKM MI-28 Havoc.

-Crash site

The last thing is a bigger project and also feutures the satcom which isnt in the LB pack, and its also more of a general thing for your choppers, but i write it anyways. Just like your CAS script you should make it so a group with a satcom would be able to call for any bas chopper located on the map. Not only within viewdistance or when its on the ground. Kinda like the CoC artillery thing.

Under the leader a selection would say

-Use satcom

Then a window showing which BAS choppers that are located on the map will pop up.

You would than have the following selections in you menu.

-Select next Chopper (Mark next chopper in the pop up window)

-Call Chopper

So you select the chopper you wanna contact, and press call chopper. You will then get a reply audio or text and a new menu will show depending on what chopper it is.

-If gunships like the DAP and the armed MH-6 it would be something with asking for CAS.

-If one of the transport helicopters is should show the different types of pick up/it can provide

When type selected you should either click on map where you want that operation or it should locate by knowing where there radio is or something else. (this might need a item like the CoC obelisk to work but its worth it)

Again when action choosen a reply would come and then its waiting time.

General for all should be a possibility to:

-Add waypoints for route or a aproach angle so the chopper wont fly in from where all the enemy is located in a hot zone.

-Add a approach height (maybe something that will be activated 250-500 meters from target area)

-Release the chopper, which will make it return to a base or filghtpath

There could possibly be other features in this system i just cant get any to mind at the moment. If this is done you should also provide a exe line so other people could use the commands from their radios. I got the idea because one of the thing i miss from all the features you provide from your choppers is that you cant use them unless you are in it, are groupped with it or its made in waypoint/triggers.

(..)

Quote[/b] ]

Less maneuverability?rock.gif

(..)

well, maybe.

i mean: its perfect the way it is now! but i was pointing to the magic "death dive" the littlebirds tend to go into at a certain speed- i think it´s somewhere around 250km/h and above. but maybe there´s a value which keeps the LBs flight behaviour but lowers the possibility of the death dive.

anyways, it´s still cool the way it´s now: it kinda fakes the max speed limit smile_o.gif

//edit

qoute code