Sign in to follow this  
tracy_t

Unified zombie pack release imminent

i could never even figure out how to get skye virus to work. can someone tell me how?

ok thanks. how long until the zombies come out now? im really excited

The progress is:

Scripts: NEARLY DONE

Sound FX: HALF DONE (leeching them off horror movies)

Doctor Tongue: COMPLETE

Zombie Pilot: COMPLETE

Misc other civilian zombies: HALF DONE

Scott is going to approach the chaps @ ecp to see if he can use their "fire" and "blood spurt" effects. The scripts are really cool - zombies are much smarter this time.

So there you go.

NB:

Prototype001 (or should I say, Ghost001) is also doing some resident evil type stuff - so it's gonna be a good year for zombies!!

so in this release we dont have to put the script in the init field oh yeah almost forgot this may sound stupid but do you think you can make nemises of resident evil 3 and other monsters like beta gamma drain demos etc i can get some pics for those and a ton more monster like from the day the world ended and other scary zombie related movies

In this release you still create a single game logic to set the variables such as who to attack, zombie damage etc but you now don't need monitorarea.sqs as that is incorporated into the zombie logic. A lot more work is done behind the scenes.

However: guys, if you want 200+ zombies at a time you better upgrade your PCs!!! Thats the price you pay to get all those enemies at once!

Scott's using a 2400XP+ oc'd to 3400XP+ and Radeon 9700 Pro and the zombies run really well.

Regarding the resident evil monsters: ask Prototype001 - he's doing Resident Evil stuff at the moment. He's registered on this board & I believe he has posted in this thread.

how do you get the zombies to attack other people then me. i can get them to go after and eat me but they wont eat anyone else when i ad the = unit groups1 thing then nothing happens and they just stand there. I also got a neat mission idea for you mission makers. it would be cool if you start out on a normal day and after a while a zombie comes out and eats a person then that person gets up and eats another person and so on and so on. So then you go to a rescue center and hold up there until the undead swarm that. then your try to escape the island. i can make crappy missions like that but my scripting sucks so it wouldnt be that fun if i made it.

To make zombies attack units other than player:

1. Edit the team leader of the squad you want to be attacked, and put this in his initialisation string:

group1 = group this

For every other squad leader, do

group2 = group this

group3 = group this

etc etc

2. When you are finished, create a GAME LOGIC unit and put this in the logic's initialisation string:

gblAllTargets = [Player] + units group1 + units group2

etc etc.

3. When you start the mission the zombies will attack.

PS: (looks above) This is not the thread for Yomies smile_o.gif

Will the next lot work in MP? I was looking forward to escaping zombie island with my mate and they just stood there crazy_o.gif

Out of ALL the zombie packs ect ect, what one is the best that can be used in MP?

I don't know. Never bothered with MP to be honest.

Scott's just concentrating on the single player mode for now.

I don't think the upcoming zombie mod will be that difficult to convert to MP though, if someone wanted to give it a try.

So is this zombie mod going to have more stuff or just the zombies? Because It would be a really cool thing to make it into a full blown mod with new weapons campaigns and vehicles and stuff, I'd love to help out with this , (weapons vehicles,units,website) I can o2 so if you guys need more help hit me up I'd love to help and I'm sure theres a ton of other people who would want to help make this into a mod.

/CympatheeY

The new zombie mod will have:

a) A revamped zombie sfx pack (50mb at the moment!) - including all yer favourite zombie music.

b) New zombies

c) Updated AI - the zombies are definitely a LOT smarter than the last time. They "prioritise" targets to attack - for example, a soldier standing on his own 50 yards away is far more likely to be attacked than a manned tank 2 yards away.

d) Blood spurts - using SnyPirs OFPEC blood script.

As for your offer of help - yes, definitely. The more the better. We need animators, modellers and mission makers.

EDIT:

One thing I'd like to see is a shopping mall that you could walk into. Like the one in Dawn of the dead 2004... anyone made it? ;o)

did you get the "drag and drop" scripts for the zombies workin?

you know without having to do anything in the editor except put them in and press play so to speak. rock.gif

Hello.

Just a quick question.. Once I put in the game logics, all of the Zombies that have been killed vanish after a few seconds of lying on the ground. However if I don't put in the logics, they seem to stay there after being killed.

Also, I was rather upset when they smashed into my tank, ripping my crew out. I loved that when it was a car, but is there a way to make them not able to damage tanks? they are only punching it....

And, the legless zombies dont move. I remember seeing something about Dr Tounge not working with the scripts, but thought that the legless ones did.

Is there something i am doing wrong?

Anyone else reminded of the film, '28  days later' when the regular zombies come running?

And finally.. "Only the dead have seen the end of war." (Or have they?)

Cheers

MICK  smile_o.gif

The bodies disappear to reduce lag. Its part of the script so you can remove it if you want, unfortunatly my user/missions folder seems to have vanished off th face of the earth so I cant check the script crazy_o.gif

Hi all

To answer your questions:

WHATS NEW:

==========

* The new zombie mod uses icons that you drag n drop on the map to specify difficulty levels. You can, of course specify difficulty levels yourself by changing global variables.

* You do not have to type ANYTHING in order for the zombies to attack you. Just put a ATTACK GROUP game logic on the map and group it with the units you want to have eaten. Your units will now be considered zombie food.

* Zombies no longer can damage tanks.

* Zombies can damage Car and APC class vehicles. How much is up to you. You set a damage variable (0 means no damage)

* Zombies never attack planes or boats. If this upsets you - sorry but there are obvious reasons why not!!

Keep your eyes peeled for more zombie related announcements.. you never know, we may have something for you today...

NOTICE:

WE ARE LOOKING FOR MISSION MAKERS TO JOIN THE ZOMBIE MOD. IF ANYONE IS INTERESTED IN HELPING OUT, PLEASE CONTACT US ON ZOMBIE DOT MOD AT NTLWORLD DOT KOM

Regards,

Zombie Mod

RELEASED!!!

ZOMBIE SFX & MUSIC PACK 2!!!

Download from www.freewebs.com/tunstals/zombiesfx.zip

File size: 19mb.

NEW: 20+ Extra sound FX

NEW: 5 pieces of music from your favourite zombie films

NEW: Radio messages

EDIT: FOR INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO USE THE PACK, DOWNLOAD

www.freewebs.com/tunstals/readme.txt

AS SCOTT FORGOT TO INCLUDE IT IN THE ORIGINAL ZIP!! smile_o.gif

This is backwards compatible with missions/addons using the previous zombie sound FX pack. Please delete the existing zombiesfx.pbo - thank you.

WEBMASTERS: Please feel free to host this file on your sites. Please link to this Forum topic, and credit Scott Tunstall with the work. Thank you.

Page not found rock.gif

With the new zombies will there still be all that radio crap?

Just tried that url and it works fine.

What do you mean "all that radio crap" ?

Do you mean, if you play as a zombie, will fellow zombies use radio messages to report West units? The answer is yes.

We can't turn that off.

Hello

Got to say, I am looking forward to the new dead. Downloading zombiefx now, but its going at 1.0kb/ps.. ill be here for 5 hours or so!! But the link worked regardless.

I think Munk might mean the global messages or whatever you call them - like the target count = 1, and radio type messages saying which zombie is attacking which unit. for me, they come up in the bottom left in white text with a black backing. i assume everyone elses does... but i could be wrong. its not actually a sound effect like "5, attack man" etc.

Was also wondering if you, or anyone else, has thought of creating a priest addon. wouldnt need to have much detail i guess, but would add to the whole effect of zombies marching about. (especially if you made him actually able to do something to the zombies).

thats my thought of the day. i try limit them.

looking forward to release.

MICK.

smile_o.gif  smile_o.gif