Sign in to follow this  
tracy_t

Unified zombie pack release imminent

Could you send them to ofpbase or something? I cant get the site to work crazy_o.gif

biggrin_o.gif

munk, i couldnt get it to work either.. so what i did was highlight the website, copy it, then paste it into the address bar. it automatically starts the download then. without actually going to any other website.

do that for both and you will be sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.

time for more fruit muffins.

mick.   blues.gif

Tried it, didnt work. Think its because of my download manager though, couldnt be assed to turn it off, I was in a hurry tounge_o.gif

Are you still going to be sending private beta's if people are going to make missions etc. with them? rock.gif

Why do both links for the zombies take me to the first page of these forums? rock.gif

Any Mirrors?

Captain

my download worked... just copied the link and pasted it in a new page. one is only 85kb, the other is 2mb or so.. its quite slow though.

Zombie, how do i make it work this time?!  crazy_o.gif

i saw the zombie game logic, put it in, and not much happened. so i thought id group it with the zombies, and that caused a serious error or whatever in my computer  sad_o.gif

and half an hour later my pc wanted to sent a message to microsoft about it....

am i meant to do what we used to do... two game logics, gblzombiedamage = 1 and gblalltargets = [me1] ?

rock.gif

but the zombies look great  ghostface.gif

mick.

ok. i put in a zombie game logic, and added gblalltargets = [player] and that worked - they came running at me.

when i shot them, they fell down and then stood up again. when they stood up again, they did not attack. am i meant to exec that monitortargets.sqs script??  

im a bit dumb when it comes to this stuff. am i meant to have zombie.sqs and the other zombie stuff in the mission folder?? and just the zombie addon in the res/addons folder?? not sure.

rock.gif

mick

ok. tried that. didnt seem to do much. rock.gif

once they stand back up, its impossible to stop them standing back up. but if you kill them outright the first time, they dont get up. even running them over with a tank doesnt work.

am i doing something completely wrong?? crazy_o.gif

mick crazy_o.gif

Hello

it's still a gblAllTargets array you set. This is a beta, the "auto-group" code is still to be done. Do not group game logics with zombies just yet!

If you want zombies to follow waypoints,

gblAllTargets = []

It is OK, unlike the previous zombie mod you can add units to that array again and the zombies will resume attacking. They are smart.

Also, you do not need monitorarea.sqs like you did with the previous zombie mod - that's all done for you now!

However,

put GAME LOGIC "EASY GAME" into the map to have an easy game.

put GAME LOGIC "MEDIUM GAME" to have a medium difficulty game.

put  GAME LOGIC "DIFFICULT GAME" (I think thats how it's spelled) to have a hard game.

KNOWN BUG: Resurrection of eaten comrades in medium and difficult modes does not work properly - your AI buddies do not attack the newly zombified team mates, and they feckin well should!

Only one "difficulty level" GAME LOGIC should be on the map at one time. ie: don't put easy and hard on the same map!

VARIABLES USED

The following variables are used to tailor the game to your liking. The difficulty level game logics contain a list of presets for these variables. You can of course set the variables yourself.

gblIndestructibleZombies = (0 or 1, 1 means "yes")

gblResurrectKilledByZombie = (0 or 1) - whenever a human is killed by a zombie, should the human come back as a zombie? There are serious issues with this code at the moment. Leave this variable set to 0.

gblZombieDamage = real number from 0..1  (zombie damage to humans: 0 = none, .5 = half damage, 1 = 1 hit one kill )

gblHealthDrain = real number from 0..1   (If bit, how long should it take for bitten unit to turn into one of "them"? 0 = never happens. Damage of unit is subtracted by value every 5 seconds)

gblZombieCarDamage = real number from 0..1   (how much damage a zombie can inflict on a car, per hit. . 0 = none, 1 = 1 hit one kill .5 = 2 hits etc, .2 = 5 hits yawn yawn)

gblZombieAPCDamage = real number from 0..1   (for APCs.)

gblZombieTankDamage = real number from 0..1    (for Tanks.)

gblZombieDelPause = x (how many seconds before zombies

are deleted from map when they are killed. 0 = deleted the moment they are killed again. Set to long value if you want them to never be deleted. REMEMBER: OFP has a finite limit of units & groups (12 x 64) that can be created at one time - it is recommended that zombies are deleted to reduce lag and allow other units to be created!)

ARRAYS THAT YOU CAN PEEK

gblZombieList [] - all ACTIVE zombies. Whenever a zombie is killed, it is removed from this array.

If you want to program any custom AI for the zombies, set gblAllTargets to empty [] and use the array to move the zombies yourself.

gblAllTargets [] - all ACTIVE targets (men, tanks, apcs etc). Whenever a target is killed, it is removed from this array.

gblBitList [] - people who have been bit. Whenever a target is killed, it is removed from this array.

gblHealthList [] - people whose health has to be drained. Whenever a target dies from its wounds, it is removed from this array.

THE FUTURE

Regarding betas, all the work we produce is going to be backwards compatible. So if you create missions now, they will still work.

You have the zombies, you have the AI, you have the sounds, and you have the music... even more new, never-heard-before music is gonna be packed into the next release. Sorry Yomies fans, but it's licensed only for the zombie mod smile_o.gif

All we're going to add from now on is more unit types, music and AI tweaks.

Got another zombie BETA for you. I want your honest feedback on this zombie. IMHO, she is a beauty!!!

It's a new black zombie woman!!! Her face... well I got the various textures from Ogrish and adipocere so erm... I think I'll need psychiatric help after all that gore!! smile_o.gif

This zombie doesn't chase you because it's a work in progress for you to evaluate - is it good looking enough? How are the LODs? Does it go through your custom animations as expected?

The only thing that must be done is route her init event handler to the zombie move scripts and change her hand textures - her hands are pink-ish smile_o.gif

I'm not gonna binarize the model since ODOL -> MLOD explorer gets round that anyway lol,  so wannabe zombie modellers - get yo ass in gear and start using this beaut as a base for your own creations! Make sure you credit Scott Tunstall & the zombie mod team in a readme file with your addon eh? It took AGES to get all those textures together smile_o.gif

So, without further ado:

Download from www.freewebs.com/zombiemod/zomwom1.rar

Extract to res/addons folder. Needs version 1.94 of resistance or later.

Zombie is under East | Zombies | ZOMBIE WOMAN TEST.

PS: Yomies and any other zombie mod makers - feel free to use the model in your own mods as long as you credit Scott Tunstall with the textures and script!

IMHO the face on the pilot looks a bit cartoonish, but with that being said I know how much effort goes into texturing, modeling etc and how often is the bugger gonna get close enough for someone to get a look at it (especially if I've got a nice SAW in my hands tounge_o.gif) Also it looked like it didnt fit onto the head very well.

I'll check the new one out in a bit. Just one question though, baby got back? tounge_o.gif

Edit: To anyone who's seen Shaun Of The Dead, I'd like to see a mission like the end when the Army pulled up and started kicking ass all over the place (cant wait untill im in tounge_o.gif)

Thanks for this pack. I'm trying to d/l it at work and can't get the zombiessfx.zip d/led. I get 990bytes/sec and it always cuts off after about 3 hours!

Is it possible to just run the zombies mod without the sfx, or are they required for it to work?

Alternatively, can some kind person mirror the file pretty please? biggrin_o.gif

Thanks,

Cornhelium

Is it possible to just run the zombies mod without the sfx, or are they required for it to work?

You dont need the sfx pack to use the addons, I know Im not bothering to download a 19mb file at 1kb/sec wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Alternatively, can some kind person mirror the file pretty please?  biggrin_o.gif

For the love of god someone do it! crazy_o.gif

Edit: Have you guys thought about getting opf.info or someone to host a site? rock.gif

IMHO the face on the pilot looks a bit cartoonish, but with that being said I know how much effort goes into texturing, modeling etc and how often is the bugger gonna get close enough for someone to get a look at it (especially if I've got a nice SAW in my hands tounge_o.gif) Also it looked like it didnt fit onto the head very well.

I'll check the new one out in a bit. Just one question though, baby got back? tounge_o.gif

Edit: To anyone who's seen Shaun Of The Dead, I'd like to see a mission like the end when the Army pulled up and started kicking ass all over the place (cant wait untill im in tounge_o.gif)

No, I agree the face is a wee bit cartoonish. I just couldn't be arsed making it any more realistic. If you want to edit it and make it better, or know someone who can - go ahead and do so. If its any good I will include it in the next version of the mod.

If I told you that the face is based on a real person's who really WAS covered in blood, would you believe me?

And yes, the new zombie has back... she got some T&A! Her face is direct from Ogrish.com so if you think its cartoonish, BITE ME! lol

Regarding ofpbase et al, I'm away on holiday for a couple of days. If you want to submit the files on my behalf to ofp.info etc, then please do!

EDIT: Submitted download URLS to warfaregames.com - check and see if they're on tomorrow...

PS:

If/When the Sfx pack is hosted on warfaregames - you better bloody download it, it took me WEEKS to create!!! tounge_o.gif

Cheers,

Zombie Mod

*EDIT*

Mirror is up, see next page smile_o.gif

is anyone working on some missions?

ive started. but i suck pretty bad.. i can come up with the ideas easy enough... but i dont know how to make use of the sounds, and i suck at scripting (its all utter gibberish to me)...

what other addons are people planning on using?

Im thinking the police ones, BAS rangers + helo's, plus the face set from liquid snake or whatever it is... with the greenmask, blackmask, bluemask, sniper and the black hawk down faces...

back to it i guess smile_o.gif

mick

I tried yesterday and today, over and over again.

The free server quits on me about 30 minutes into the download @ 1k.

Still waiting to get it some where else.

Quote[/b] ]If you want to edit it and make it better, or know someone who can - go ahead and do so. If its any good I will include it in the next version of the mod.

I'll need beer and tools tounge_o.gif

Hi all,

I'm coming to an arrangement with warfaregames. Hopefully we can get the unified zombie mod files onto the server pronto!

In the meantime I'll do two things:

1) Share UNIFIED ZOMBIE MOD 2.ZIP on Kazaa (do a search for UNIFIED ZOMBIE MOD 2) and leave my machine on overnight. That way all of you can take the files from my PC.

2) Set up HTTP access for those willing to HOST the files on their own server. If you want to host the mod, email me.

Regarding mission making, I want you ALL to make zombie related games... let's get the ball rolling!

To this end, I will assist you with any scripting needs (except camera work - I'm shit at that!) to get your missions off the ground. D Murphy Man, would you care to assist old chap? ;)

All, it doesn't matter how good you are at scripting - give it a try. I will help you when I can. If you have any requests for scripts that should be part of the default zombie mod installation (ie: something everyone could use) let me know on zombie.mod@ntlworld.com

Quote[/b] ]If you want to edit it and make it better, or know someone who can - go ahead and do so. If its any good I will include it in the next version of the mod.

I'll need beer and tools  tounge_o.gif

Tools eh? smile_o.gif

Well I know where you can get some *cough* graphic apps for those all important texture changes *cough*

Beer - hmm, that could be difficult smile_o.gif

Dan - thank you!!!

You have made an old man very happy!!!

Ah, Doctor Tongue looks lovely doesn't he smile_o.gif

Have fun with the pack y'all !!!

Report any bugs to:

zombie.mod@ntlworld.com

PS:

The zombie pilot is in the pack too ;)

And of course, my latest zombie addition - the black zombie woman - is available for download too.

Even MORE zombies are on the way though. And furthermore, I've edited the BIS bus *for an imminent release* so it is lieing on its side, to look like a crash.  Everyone who wants to make Dawn of the dead 2004 missions - it's your lucky day!

hey

just wondering with the scripting...

people suggested making offensive missions against the zombies. now, i am trying to do that.

so far, the best i have been able to do is link the gblalltargets = [blah] + units blah1 etc.. to a trigger, so that when your men get near the town the zombies go into action..

but, all ive been able to do is make ALL zombies start running towards the groups. meaning, it turns into a defensive mission again as there is no need to clear the town, they come out to you.

anyone know of a way you can link a few groups to certain trigers, so you have to clear the town??

i also thought about triggering them to spawn when you get closer, but f*cked if i understand the scripting for that!!!

hope that makes sense?! rock.gif

mick

this is how I do it

make some fense around some zombies and name the fence(f1 f2 f3 and f4. then put a trigger around the fence and set it on

west=present

on activation=f1 setpos getpos m1; f2 setpos getpos m1...

do that with all the fance. m1 is an objekt that the fence shall get to. wink_o.gif

hey would it be a good idea to create a zombie server in OFP multiplayer? smile_o.gif

hey would it be a good idea to create a zombie server in OFP multiplayer? smile_o.gif

They dont work in MP sad_o.gif