Sign in to follow this  
tracy_t

Unified zombie pack release imminent

hey

just wondering with the scripting...

people suggested making offensive missions against the zombies. now, i am trying to do that.

so far, the best i have been able to do is link the gblalltargets = [blah] + units blah1 etc.. to a trigger, so that when your men get near the town the zombies go into action..

but, all ive been able to do is make ALL zombies start running towards the groups. meaning, it turns into a defensive mission again as there is no need to clear the town, they come out to you.

anyone know of a way you can link a few groups to certain trigers, so you have to clear the town??

i also thought about triggering them to spawn when you get closer, but f*cked if i understand the scripting for that!!!

hope that makes sense?!   rock.gif

mick

well, if u edit the zombiesAIscript, u can change it i think... wink_o.gif

The file didnt come with a readme, how does it work now?

Check back a page wink_o.gif

They don't work in Multiplayer? They damn well should!

Try declaring gblAllTargets etc as PUBLIC

e.g.

public GblAlltargets=[]

That means the array is a shared variable between server and clients.

hey

just wondering with the scripting...

people suggested making offensive missions against the zombies. now, i am trying to do that.

so far, the best i have been able to do is link the gblalltargets = [blah] + units blah1 etc.. to a trigger, so that when your men get near the town the zombies go into action..

but, all ive been able to do is make ALL zombies start running towards the groups. meaning, it turns into a defensive mission again as there is no need to clear the town, they come out to you.

anyone know of a way you can link a few groups to certain trigers, so you have to clear the town??

i also thought about triggering them to spawn when you get closer, but f*cked if i understand the scripting for that!!!

hope that makes sense?!   rock.gif

mick

well, if u edit the zombiesAIscript, u can change it i think...  wink_o.gif

Easy.

Create a WEST ACTIVATED trigger called "SoldiersInTown" covering the town you want the zombies to guard.

When the trigger activates,

do gblAllTargets = (list of targets)

The zombies will wait around and do sod all until they have a target list.

Remember, you can program the zombies to do their own thing by accessing the gblZombieList array!!!

e.g. the following code will make all zombies move to the players position and nothing else:

"_x domove getpos Player" foreach gblZombieList

Hi,

If anyone wants to convert this code to be multiplayer compliant, the zombie team does not have a problem with that.

If you like, submit your MP fixes to the code to zombie.mod@ntlworld.com for inclusion into the next release. Of course, you will be credited appropriately.

Regards,

Zombie team

The file didnt come with a readme, how does it work now?

Check back a page wink_o.gif

I got it.

But this process can be alot easier for newbs if there was readme.

I've noticed now that once they've been killed, they get back up and then just stand there. AI dosnt even attack them after getting up.

Ok, I dunno whats wrong.

I put Zombie logic in, set it on difficulty, hard, or medium

Put gblAllTargets = [group1]  in it.

Start game, and zombies just stand there getting shot.

[Edit]

Ok, I see. IT takes a moment for the zombies to collect themselves in their groups and then start charging.

But now, once the group leader is killed, they don't attack anyone.

[Edit]

Ok, I've figured it out.

gblAllTargets = [Player] + units group1

I've noticed now that once they've been killed, they get back up and then just stand there. AI dosnt even attack them after getting up.

This is a known issue that is referenced on the other page.

Technical explanation: No matter if I use

_newzombie addrating -100000

or make the new zombie join an EAST team leader, the AI units will STILL not target the zombie. This must be a bug in OFP.

Regarding documentation, sorry about not including a readme in the zombie zip file, but you can copy and paste the text from the previous page into a Word document/ notepad text file anyway! I don't see what the issue is.

EDIT:

Readme for Sound FX pack can be downloaded from www.freewebs.com/tunstals/readme.txt - it's a very small download (1K)

Ok, I dunno whats wrong.

I put Zombie logic in, set it on difficulty, hard, or medium

Put gblAllTargets = [group1]  in it.

Start game, and zombies just stand there getting shot.

[Edit]

Ok, I see. IT takes a moment for the zombies to collect themselves in their groups and then start charging.

But now, once the group leader is killed, they don't attack anyone.

[Edit]

Ok, I've figured it out.

gblAllTargets = [Player] + units group1

The zombies do take some time to collect themselves. This is because OFP is doing a lot of work in the background at startup - arrays are being initialised, targets for the zombies are being identified etc etc.

The fewer the zombies you have, the faster the game will initialise.

If you want 200+ zombies on screen at once (and I have) then I recommend a 3Ghz processor at least with a decent graphics card. I use an AMD 2400 XP overclocked to 3200XP+ speed, with a Radeon 9700 Pro and it's sweet!!

PS:

Can I let you all know that this is not the end of the line as far as scripting, new zombies, animations and sound FX goes. More work will be done to improve your zombie experience!

If you find any bugs, let us know at zombie.mod@ntlworld.com

Doob, you the man! tounge_o.gif Downloading the SFX Pack now

Im having a great blody day! biggrin_o.gif

Does warfaregames.com support download managers? rock.gif

Does warfaregames.com support download managers? rock.gif

Yup, download managers should work fine.

---------------

Hey Scott, when can we get the turned over bus pbo? smile_o.gif

Sexellent, Getright didnt kick in when I started the download and I couldnt be assed to copy and paste the URL

Thanks Doob for mirroring the files.

Time to load up the Masterkey and start removing heads ghostface.gif

I listen to the new sounds but no1 of my sounds was there but well doesn't matter rock.gif

Hi general, thats because the sound fx pack was released before you gave me the new sounds smile_o.gif

Have patience!

There will be a sfx pack 3 with even more music and fx... chill.

this is how I do it

make some fense around some zombies and name the fence(f1 f2 f3 and f4. then put a trigger around the fence and set it on

west=present

on activation=f1 setpos getpos m1; f2 setpos getpos m1...

do that with all the fance. m1 is an objekt that the fence shall get to.  wink_o.gif

a fence??  a group of object fences??

i have no idea what that means.

does that mean you have a fence around certain zombie groups who are trying to attack you but cant get there, but when you set the trigger off the fence goes somewhere else, freeing the zombies?rock.gif

crazy_o.gif

No, what general means is that the zombies will spawn in the EXACT SAME position of the fence object "just in time" for the player. He is just using a fence object as a placemarker.

When you're not near the town no zombies exist. With that code, when you are near the town, zombies are plucked out of thin air and created at the position of the fences.

You could easily put some other object there instead of a fence - I recommend a GAME LOGIC unit as it is invisible.

I must say, this Zombie pack is one of the most fun I've had in a long time with OFP. It's just simply a blast to hold off more than 50 zombies. It especially gets tense when you run out of ammo and have to reload, or resort to your puny pistol when they are nearly a foot in front of you. So far, the only real Zombie killer I've seen so far is the ONS TAC50 canadian rifle. Drops em like flies, but then they get closer, and closer!

But, it does have a few bugs.

For some reason my game crashes randomly. I don't know if thats a result from so much work being to done to zombies, the zombies, the addons, or what. But its only after awhile and its not annoying.

As you said, there are bugs with friendly soldiers being raised form the dead after being bitten and not being shot at. Well, the problem is not that they won't be shot at, now they won't die! You kill them and they get up, over and over.

Another is when zombies are ressurected, they won't fight anymore. I think you had a solution earlier, so I'll look through the threads.

Tomarrow I'll download your sound pack.

I mean that the zombies will be free from the fence when the trigger activates. if you have no fenceat that's holding them. they will run from the place that you placed them on to you. but you can have a fence somewhere else and do as zombie mod sad. but you must always have fence if you don't want the zombies run for you direct. then it's just to wait for them outside the town.

I must say, this Zombie pack is one of the most fun I've had in a long time with OFP. It's just simply a blast to hold off more than 50 zombies. It especially gets tense when you run out of ammo and have to reload, or resort to your puny pistol when they are nearly a foot in front of you. So far, the only real Zombie killer I've seen so far is the ONS TAC50 canadian rifle. Drops em like flies, but then they get closer, and closer!

But, it does have a few bugs.

For some reason my game crashes randomly. I don't know if thats a result from so much work being to done to zombies, the zombies, the addons, or what. But its only after awhile and its not annoying.

As you said, there are bugs with friendly soldiers being raised form the dead after being bitten and not being shot at. Well, the problem is not that they won't be shot at, now they won't die! You kill them and they get up, over and over.

Another is when zombies are ressurected, they won't fight anymore. I think you had a solution earlier, so I'll look through the threads.

Tomarrow I'll download your sound pack.

Yes, there's a few bugs, but also there will be fixes for them tounge_o.gif

Nah just joking guys, keep the bug reports coming in! I wanna iron these zombies out and make the mod solid.

I will credit you appropriately in the next zombie mod release AND provide fixes ASAP.

Crash you say? ... I've never had OFP crash on me with the zombies.. weird. And you say this always happens?

What does the flashpoint.rpt file say? (its in the same dir as the resistance.exe) - a collection of scripts and .pbo files should not cause your PC to reboot or freeze!

I mean that the zombies will be free from the fence when the trigger activates. if you have no fenceat that's holding them. they will run from the place that you placed them on to you. but you can have a fence somewhere else and do as zombie mod sad. but you must always have fence if you don't want the zombies run for you direct. then it's just to wait for them outside the town.

I've had problems with OFP fences in the past - the AI can walk right through them!!

I tried making a mission where the zombies were captive - held in by wire fences - and they walked right through.

This bug is also exhibited by the BIS civilians & units etc.