Sign in to follow this  
tracy_t

Unified zombie pack release imminent

Don't see any problem with that, as long as the zombies you have made don't interfere with the existing unified zombie mod's operation.

We don't mind derivative works being made, as long as credit is given and we aren't being ripped off smile_o.gif

OTOH, we don't want several different flavours of zombie mods all with the same config.cpp class & .pbo filenames going round interfering with each other either smile_o.gif

Regards,

Zombie Mod

Don't see any problem with that, as long as the zombies you have made don't interfere with the existing unified zombie mod's operation.

We don't mind derivative works being made, as long as credit is given and we aren't being ripped off smile_o.gif

OTOH, we don't want several different flavours of zombie mods all with the same config.cpp class & .pbo filenames going round interfering with each other either smile_o.gif

Regards,

Zombie Mod

well, the units are compitable with eachother (different glbtargets thingys and glbzombiedamage thingy)... smile_o.gif

ill release some mission in the next few days, kinda busy now with non-OFP stuff tounge_o.gif

Have you all downloaded Dr. Tongue from www.warfaregames.com yet?

What do you think of it? Feedback appreciated. It's going in the next version of the zombie mod... along with some other surprises....

i found something kind of weird with the yomies, they wont attack you in a car at night until about 5:15 its kind of weird. weather this is a glitch or not i think its kind of cool.

Not today I hope, going to see Dawn of the Dead tonight.  Maybe tomorrow?

The new zombie mod is gonna be out soon... real soon. And I tell ya, it's gonna whup ass!

Tracy's delayed a wee bit, trying to use zombie textures from this Dawn of the Dead site (GORE WARNING) :

http://www.kino.de/kinofilm.php4?typ=fotoshow&nr=75849

He's having real fun modelling the fat woman in o2! Not.

Remember, in this unified zombie mod there is:

1) New types of zombie

2) enhanced AI.

The zombies now evaluate who the closest target to eat is and will attack them. When a target is bitten:

a) The target will continually lose health - how much, is up to you. A global variable determines health loss. You can make the health loss last seconds, or days.

b) When the target dies, you specify the odds of the target resurrecting (with a global variable)

c) When the target resurrects, the new zombie chases its former team mates. It's crazy assed-stuff smile_o.gif

3) Sound fx (the zombie sound pack is gonna be integrated)

4) Music

Tracy is also working on project farmland.

See development updates HERE:

http://farmland.conforums.com/index.cgi

What new zombies can you expect?

Well there's Doctor Tongue - he has no throat, his tongue flaps through where his lower jaw was (early beta available at www.warfaregames.com, but the textures are improved for release version)

Then there's the zombie pilot.

Then, there's a variety of extra zombies - Tracy's having a whale of a time modelling them. Fat ones, thin ones...

They will go nicely with the farmhouse from project farmland, don't you agree? Have a NOTLD type mission.... lol

I apologize to everyone who didn't received my answer (which i will write soon) to their email message, and all others who are waiting for next release of my Yomies. I am sorry, but i have absolutely no time to work on them.

Anyway - i have founded a NEW THREAD for my Yomies alone - you can find it in "BI FORUMS / ADDONS & MODS: COMPLETE" by it's topic title which is "5133p39's yomies [zombie mod]".

And some good news, at last: I am going to work on next release right now!

A question for you all:

do you want the AI to work "as-is" in the existing unified zombie mod (except better) or do you want the AI to behave like the Yomies?

With our AI, the zombies will chase humans relentlessly. They know where you are, meaning you could be attacked at any time. They also are able to damage buses and cars (useful for those Dawn of the dead missions.)

With yomies, as soon as the zombies "knowsabout" level of all targets decreases to 0 (meaning the zombie has lost track of the target) the zombies stop and return to the game logic centre.

So, what type of logic do you prefer?

Tracy is thinking of combining both approaches, e.g.

1) Zombie will attack person it "knowsabout" the most.

2) If the zombie doesn't "know" where anyone is, it will migrate to a random section of the island (ie: it won't hang around any gamelogic area. It will be a true walker)

Tracy is also thinking of making the zombies hunt in packs. If a lone zombie meets another lone zombie, one zombie might join the other as a team.. well why not? smile_o.gif

I think a combination of the two types of AI would be good, but I have to say i dont like the fact that the zombies come back to life in Yomies, aside from that its great.

Keep up the good work everyone, a zombie mod has allways been my most wanted ofp addon ^_^

I still can't get these puppies to work at all. I add them to the mission, but I'm not good at scripting (or whatever you have to do to make them work). Is there anyway someone can send me a pbo file or is there a zombie pack that will come out where all you need to do is drop them in a using your mission editor and they work? I'm clueless. It's a great idea, and I love zombie movies (seen the Dawn of the Dead remake twice already) but I just haven't been able to get these to work.

Has anyone read The Rising by Brian Keene? It's a really good take on the genre, and there are some pretty unique ideas in there (animal zombies) as well.

News about the unified zombie pack:

Scott (Tracy) Tunstall's away on holiday for a couple of days so obviously he's not doing any work.

Apart from that all looks good. If you want a BETA of the zombie pilot, give us a shout on zombie.mod@ntlworld.com and we'll sort ya out. Feedback always welcome.

He wants the next release of the unified zombie mod to be perfect soz.... not rushing anything.

I've seen the work and it's excellent so far. But trying to create zombies in o2 takes a lot of time. He's a n00b in o2 lol (his words)

We are still looking for animators BTW :-)

hey this may sound stupid but uh have you thought about making weapons like shotguns and pistols oh yeah do you think you can do other monsters like lickers from resident evil that would be cool

Sorry, but there's no plans for any creature type except zombies. Scott's not experienced with o2 so probably wouldn't be able to create them without putting in a couple of months work sad_o.gif

OK folks, HERE WE GO!!!

TWO more zombies for ya, ready for download!!!

www.freewebs.com/tunstals/drtongue.zip

www.freewebs.com/tunstals/zombiepilot.zip

Doctor Tongue has been UPDATED since the last BETA - this model is more recent and better looking than the one Scott uploaded to www.warfaregames.com

WEBMASTERS: FEEL FREE TO MIRROR THESE FILES! Send links of your page to zombie.mod@ntlworld.com so I can see how people are using them (download quantities, etc)

Note: BOTH MODELS ARE BETA VERSIONS, BUT WILL WORK WITH THE UNIFIED ZOMBIE MOD!!  They will chase and attack humans if the zombie mod is installed...

More good news...

Feel free to use these addons in your zombie missions - Scott reckons they are pretty much final versions anyway. Remember to read README.TXT in each zip though!!!

And... even more beta zombies on the way!!

Bugs?

All bug reports to zombie.mod@ntlworld.com

you know ive had the zombies now for a while and never got them to work.. can someone make or is there a test mission of these zombies? (ill email you $1;) i only played with the yomies.   :IMO: the perfect zombie mod would be, if you shoot the zombies from the neck down a few times(6-10 shots or so) they drop to the ground for a few seconds then get back up. and it only dies if you shoot it in the head. and when they kill, their victim becomes a zombie too. it would be cool to make them wonder around where you place it on the map all with out any scripts or waypoints in the mission. and the zombies have zombie animations.....if someone can make a mission or addon like that all my dreams would come true!  :OT: ive seen the new dawn of the dead movie 2 times now and 7 other zombie movies this month while i wait for resident evil outbreak, and i already had 2 zombie dreams just thinking about zombies all the time, i even got all my resident evil toy zombies all around my pc, heh. OH almost forgot, i now have 2 dr tounge's and one dosnt work, when i place him it says some script not found, but i dont know if its the new dr. or the old one (i only got 1 DrTongue.pbo). ::EDIT:: its the old dr. that doesnt work(the one in the zombie.pbo), not the new.

Hi,

if you are talking about the Yomies you are on the wrong thread smile_o.gif

The existing unified zombie mod allows the zombies to wander the island independently.

The new zombie mod resurrects victims, too (not all of them though). When that's gonna be released - don't know.

i wasnt talking about yomies i was talking about zombie addons in general. i finaly got a to try these zombies in a map (useing info on page 5, 3gamelogics and that script) and the zombies didnt have any new animations,(i thought the yomies used their animations from the zombie.pbo) and it felt weird that body shots kill em. {i wish bodyshots can drop them and then they get up, but only headshot would kill em.} ::EDIT:: oh and i dont like how the bodies disapear, did you make the bodies go away so you can have a script that makes them spawn or something?

Hello!

We got two zombi missions at nogova, both are called some kind of Virus... Is there any other mp missions with zombies? smile_o.gif If yes, please write the source for me..! Thx!

CU

You mean Nogova Virus by D Murphy Man!

I want to write some MP missions but after the zombie mod is released, you will too smile_o.gif