Sign in to follow this  
shadow

Happy new year

The new year is one day, 45 mins old here.

I couldn't have the big night I had planned. Had to look after man's best freind for 12 and a half years. She probably barked her last bark at fireworks last night. Poor thing has days or weeks to live, so we took her back from the vet to spend some real quality time with her at home, pampering her like she has never been pampered before ( Well, she never has, she was a working dog). Before she was flat, but since coming home she has livened up remarkably.

Happy times, but sadening at the same time, but probably the most memorable new years eve I've ever and will ever have.

Here's to you Jessie. Next year I'll be drinking to you and the memories we share.

step2sm2.jpg

That is sad, ozanzac. I feel for you. A dog sure is man's best friend. I've had 3 Newfs over the last 15 years. I know how you are feeling and you have my fullest sympathy. They are 100% family-members too. Make the most out of what time you have left with your dog. Nomatter how much you spoil him/her it will never make up for the years of faithfullness though sad_o.gif but do your best. They always deserve it.

biggrin_o.gifHAPPY NEW YEAR, YOU UGLY LOT! biggrin_o.gif

2004 over here started with friggin' heavy rain! crazy_o.gif Honestly! It rained for the last few hours of 2003 and 2004 got the remainder... the Earth must have been heavy drinking and was relieving itself! tounge_o.gif

Well at least it's stopped now, though I was soaked when I got home (was at my uncle's for the New Year and had to walk it back! Argh! crazy_o.gif)

Anyhoo, have a freakin' Happy New Year!

[Gareth Gates must die]

The new year is one day, 45 mins old here.

I couldn't have the big night I had planned. Had to look after man's best freind for 12 and a half years. She probably barked her last bark at fireworks last night. Poor thing has days or weeks to live, so we took her back from the vet to spend some real quality time with her at home, pampering her like she has never been pampered before ( Well, she never has, she was a working dog). Before she was flat, but since coming home she has livened up remarkably.

Happy times, but sadening at the same time, but probably the most memorable new years eve I've ever and will ever have.

Here's to you Jessie. Next year I'll be drinking to you and the memories we share.

Yeah I know how you feel as well, not sure how to cheer you up though, 12 years is not a terrible age, you would feel much worse if she was 3 or something, at least that's good right. smile_o.gif

Happy New Year boys.... and I drank in moderation, suckers.. tounge_o.gif

12 years is not a terrible age, you would feel much worse if she was 3 or something, at least that's good right.   smile_o.gif  

You got that right. My last Newf, Emma, had to be put down at the age of 3 because of a bladder-problem after surgery sad_o.gif

12 years is not a terrible age, you would feel much worse if she was 3 or something, at least that's good right. smile_o.gif

You got that right. My last Newf, Emma, had to be put down at the age of 3 because of a bladder-problem after surgery sad_o.gif

Same... I was devastated for a bit...

Bleh, all this sadness, I mean Happy NEW YEAR ... biggrin_o.gif

i've been locked at home suffering , and alcohol was forbidden by my wife ........

You're one lucky fella!

http://www.chefnancykelly.com/photos....pin.jpg

HOW IN GOD'S NAME DID YOU GET HER PICTURE rock.gif?rock.gif?rock.gif?rock.gif?rock.gif

tounge_o.gif

well , just got my four wisdom teeth removed and the doctor advised against "heavy" celebration (read drinking)

and well , my Nurs..... wife is here to look after me ........

12 years is not a terrible age, you would feel much worse if she was 3 or something, at least that's good right.   smile_o.gif  

A few years ago they had to put down one of the best dogs we ever had here... a 3 year old male golden retreiver. it's really a shame when you see such a magnificent animal devestated by a disease like cancer sad_o.gif

Urghh, I'm still cleaning the place up. How can 15 people create 24 black bin bags of rubbish!?

Just have to shampoo the carpets, mop the kitchen, and revarnish the wooden portion of the hallway floor. (I warned them, that vodka was strong. Smelt like meths)

Happy New Year! The first day of new 2004 year is almost over. Local vodka is something terrible mad_o.gif

Next time gonna buy only Finlandia. I'm in israel and i didnt go to school today. Tommorow i'll tell to my teacher that i was celebrating New Year with relatives biggrin_o.gif

I feel really sory for all those of my friends that were at school today tounge_o.gif

wtf you have school on 1st of January? 7th for me.

wtf you have school on 1st of January? 7th for me.

5th here. 1st must be very bad sad_o.gif

you have school on 1st of January? 7th for me.

In Israel, Jan. 1 is a regular day, except for financial institutions and some businesses that are closed to the public but whose employees are working on end of year accounting and stock inventory assessments.

Happy New years people.

I am curious, what are your resolutions? I made none sinse I am perfect. But not many others are as fortunate.

Anyways, have a good year everyone!

come images around the globe, taken from CNN

Sydney

gallery.sydney.ap.jpg

Tokyo

gallery.tokyo.ap.jpg

Vatican

gallery.vatican.jpg

Athens

gal.athens.ap.jpg

London

gal.london.ap.jpg

Rio

gal.riodejaneiro.ap.jpg

NewYork

story.confetti.ap.jpg

Quote[/b] ]I am curious, what are your resolutions?
look at the new year resolution thread. It's great! biggrin_o.gif
Quote[/b] ]5th here. 1st must be very bad
Quote[/b] ]In Israel, Jan. 1 is a regular day, except for financial institutions and some businesses that are closed to the public but whose employees are working on end of year accounting and stock inventory assessments.
31st and 2nd are nomal days where I come from. Tommorow I have to go back to work. Together with one (!) other person I have to run the office. All other have are enjoying a free day sad_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

Why don't they let the pope just retire already and live out his remaining few days somewhere comfortable, warm and quiet, it just seems cruel to me that they drag him around to all these places, meeting all these people, when he's clearly barely there anymore sad_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Why don't they let the pope just retire already and live out his remaining few days somewhere comfortable, warm and quiet, it just seems cruel to me that they drag him around to all these places, meeting all these people, when he's clearly barely there anymore

It´s his own decision. Noone tells him to stay pope. He is free to resign whenever he wants. But he does not want to. crazy_o.gif

It´s his own decision. Noone tells him to stay pope. He is free to resign whenever he wants. But he does not want to.  crazy_o.gif

I thought the pope is pope untill he is dead. I thought noone else can take over before he is dead.

I thought that you are Pope for life and that not a single pope has ever abdicated?