Sign in to follow this  
Blake

Finnish defence forces mod 1.2

I just want to use this moment to say that the campaign is gorgeus.The best user campaign ever..I am part of those few people that play OF for the SP experience so your effort to make a solid voice acted campaign is trully apriciated by me.

And I`m only at the 5th mission!The music is very good also..

I`ve been waiting since ever for a good campaign to pop out and this IT..Congratulation to the mission makers and of course to the rest of the team..I hope this is the first of many from you guys smile_o.gif

I'll have to join you on that.

The campaign is great-balanced, and it's good that there are no suicide missions, we're you need to attack a town with only 2 soldiers, mostly in other user-made campaigns. I really like this one alot. smile_o.gif

Hope there will be more missions biggrin_o.gif

Hope there will be more missions biggrin_o.gif

There are going to be more missions.. or at least I hope so. :P

Tjaahas.. updatea pukkaa. Downloading now.

Thankies for the late christmas gift. smile_o.gif

by far the best single player campaign for OFP period..thankx FDF Mod you brought new life into an old favorite...

I don't know if this is the right place to ask this but oh well lets do it anyways.

I was wondering if there is any possibility of seeing the Russians in winter camouflage from Kegetys winter Nogojev as a separate addon wich use the new FDFmod Russian weapons? (Updated RPK etc.) as I really have no use for the island at current since I am really, really short on discspace. All I want is some winter Russians to battle against on the eastern border winter map smile_o.gif

And those gamelogic features must make an addition to the mod indeed. More user friendly than the bulk scripts wink_o.gif

I haveing some bugs at 1 mission.. after I kill the dude who is like guba... the next mission after a long cutscene. u shall take teh bus and u where to late...then when the mission starts the driver drives u the place and when he stops nothing happends. I cant get out, cuz it says "no action" or something like that    bug ?  rock.gif

EDIT: Now after 100 trys it works tounge_o.gifwink_o.gifrock.gif

thnx for the fixed campaign, yourve gone and made me miss a day at work because i just couldnt bear the thought of not playing it through. lucky i'm the boss :P

have completed it now smile_o.gif looking forward to the next installment

lol..i dunno if this is a fdf bug or that all too common ofp bug...i jumped off the radio tower N of airport with my Sissi Sniper and i survived that 200\300 m fall  when i landed on the forest tounge_o.gif ...again I got to say thanks fdf  

Edit: and that UAV demo mission is funny as hell biggrin_o.gif

How many missions long is the campaign? After "Night watch" I got booted to the startup screen of OFP.

But I have to say the campaign is great, Nightwatch made me feel all paranoid... Especially when the friendly troop came around to save you. And those civilians! Nearly killed them! I bet they were scouting for the communists wink_o.gif

Make sure you have Kegetys Russian Weapons pack installed. For some reason OFP gets confused with addons and even missions that don't use them are claimed to have them. Install it and try again.

Another two bugs with the campaign that I forgot to mention

SPOOOILEEERS

How do you destroy the bridge in that one mission? I had only two satchels, but they didn't do the job. Were you supposed to use the Russian ammo crates, because they were destroyed by the BMP's explosion. rock.gif I had to use endmission.

In the convoy ambush mission, one of the leaders seems to have a "stealth" waypoint which makes this one radioman crawl forward all the way to the road and spoil the ambush half of the time.

In the Scout mission (#14) the convoy behaves really strangely, the BMP and functional truck go before the truck that is supposed to break down. When you look at the convoy in the cutscene the truck that is supposed to break down in the middle of the bridge is just driving around at one of the bridgeheads and waiting for its turn to cross the bridge, then when you say "looks like it broke down" the truck is still driving along on the bridge. rock.gif

SPOILERS!!!!

i put the satchels under the bridge on the supports. dont you know basic engineering tounge_o.gif

i didnt have that problem with the ambush mission, took alot of goes though to beat it.

my cutscene showed the truck at the end of the bridge too. minor 'bug' really.

in the scout mission i destroyed the 2 bmps that come after u kill the truck, i got in the ZSU and flakked their ass. the cutscene showed they were still after me though smile_o.gif

Niiiiccee!!! biggrin_o.giftounge_o.gif

@Golum:

Finland was considering buying attack helicopters in late 90s(The models considered and tested were apache and tiger), as a companion for the NH-90s. But it was scrapped due to too high maintence & operating costs, not for political reasons. Also the use of helicopters requires air superiority(or atleast "local" airsuperiority). Problem is that our main enemy(russia) is a superpower and there is noway our 65 hornet fighters could give resistance against enemy that has hundreds of fighters. So if an allout war would breake out, there would be little use for few attack helicopters especially when we dont have airsuperiority.

So the helicopters in FDF are mainly for peacetime and possible peacekeeping operations. Thus attack helicopters would be too expensive toys for a small country like finland.

Quote[/b] ]

How do you destroy the bridge in that one mission? I had only two satchels, but they didn't do the job. Were you supposed to use the Russian ammo crates, because they were destroyed by the BMP's explosion. I had to use endmission.

Just use some common sense, place them next to the pillars.

Blah, common sense, this is OFP!

In the BIS campaign mission, it didn't matter where you planted the charges. You could have pointed out in the briefing where you should plant them if you have some triggers at the pillars. rock.gif

Anyway, I finished the thing. Nice...ending. wink_o.gif

Blah, common sense, this is OFP!

In the BIS campaign mission, it didn't matter where you planted the charges. You could have pointed out in the briefing where you should plant them if you have some triggers at the pillars. rock.gif

Anyway, I finished the thing. Nice...ending. wink_o.gif

There are no triggers except getdammage, its a feature of OFP.

In the Scout mission (#14) the convoy behaves really strangely, the BMP and functional truck go before the truck that is supposed to break down. When you look at the convoy in the cutscene the truck that is supposed to break down in the middle of the bridge is just driving around at one of the bridgeheads and waiting for its turn to cross the bridge, then when you say "looks like it broke down" the truck is still driving along on the bridge. rock.gif

It's an OFP "feature". Bridges do not work that well in any island, sometimes they go through bridge and fall into water or wont get to bridge at all... You have to fine tune bridge objects in O2 and positioning in Visitor a lot and it still does not work correctly every time.

Nogova bridges have same thing, when playing with terrain detail set to "low" (like in MP) tanks sometimes go through bridge, drive into water and explode there, destroying whole bridge.

Eeerk! This is starting to get silly, I just played through Nightwatch again and after completion I get returned to the startup screen again. No error messages it just takes me back to startup. But the Nightwatch mission is a really good one, it didn't make me sleepy it made me jumpy!

Also, I installed the fixed campaign before I even started the one that was "unfixed" could that have anything to do with this problem?

Eeerk! This is starting to get silly, I just played through Nightwatch again and after completion I get returned to the startup screen again. No error messages it just takes me back to startup. But the Nightwatch mission is a really good one, it didn't make me sleepy it made me jumpy!

Also, I installed the fixed campaign before I even started the one that was "unfixed" could that have anything to do with this problem?

Have you installed Kegs russian weapons pack? Or did you forget to read the small file called readme? wink_o.gif

I do have it installed, I thought that was quite obvious since I stated there were no error messages wich there usually are when missing an addon. It just blacks out on me crazy_o.gif

EDIT: Did I mention I love the M85 rucksack? Really looks fantastic on the Jaegers wink_o.gif

Very nice pack, however my download failed at 99%. What will be the last version of this pack ?

You mean the whole mod? No idea. 1.3 is planned and we have already began to make some new things wink_o.gif.

Very nice pack, however my download failed at 99%.

What mirror? What software you used to download?  rock.gif

Files on mirrors are working. Also all mirrors seem to be up atm.