Sign in to follow this  
Supah

Nogovan Armed Forces Project

Am I seeing back there that someone wants Nogova to do UN type work now in Iraq and Afghanistan?

Why not stick with local area first as that just sounds a bit unrealistic.

what i ment with the desert cams is that it would be a later addition to the nogovan army just so people could make there own missions on desert islands not really for realism. i just thought it would be good sad_o.gif

I think Nogova's army should be doing some peacekeeping work on the other islands after the Soviet invasion. smile_o.gif That would make a good storyline for a campaign. wink_o.gif

I think Nogova's army should be doing some peacekeeping work on the other islands after the Soviet invasion.

Agree since Nogova is the largest island in the area they may have a peacekeeping duty. Call it the Nogovan Guard smile_o.gif

The MP car and the standard vehicle for the Nogovan Army (Militairy Police) is it gonna be Europian, russian or American Creation???

- Hummer

- GAZ

- Renault

- Mercedes

So this would be a "local" peacekeeping idea then?

Like a shore patrol.

Anything other than that wouldnt be very realistic.

One thing to remember is Nogova is a FICTIONAL nation so modders should feel free to right whatever history they want for it if they the ones building the mods and campaigns..this "it's not realistic" makes no sense since Nogova isn't real period. If Supah and his guys wanna make a mod with them peace keeping another nation so be it..we'll all play it. I like how the FDF mod guys continued nogova's history and my personal opinion whoever does the NDF mod should go from where they left off but thas my opinion...Don't forget you don't have to be one of the Big Boys (U.S., England, France etc) to deploy peacekeepers somewhere. If I remember correctly Nigeria has peacekeepers in various african nations and their not rich or whatever and neither is Poland and they've been lending a VERY helpful hand to us in Iraq..nuff said

Well my "it's not realistic" is based on what ive seen in these threads according to the mod makers posts so...

Look at the island size. If you have "x" amount of troops, you cant have a defense force and a peacekeeping force. This stuff costs $$$ which is what Nogova really doesnt have a lot of.

you can still make lots of stuff for Nogova without going overboard.

Well my "it's not realistic" is based on what ive seen in these threads according to the mod makers posts so...

Look at the island size. If you have "x" amount of troops, you cant have a defense force and a peacekeeping force. This stuff costs $$$ which is what Nogova really doesnt have a lot of.

you can still make lots of stuff for Nogova without going overboard.

Trinity has quite a few heavy industrialised areas smile_o.gif A solution to Nogova's cash problems?

What about Kolgujev, rocky terrain is a good candidate for containing wealth wink_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

Another idea to solve the money problem, put oil in Nogova's soil and put down some oil pump's! (Problem Solved) wink_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

Here is my version how to solve Nogova's Money problem(I posted this story also at the NAFP Forum)

United Nations in Geneva, March 3e 1999

The UN Desides that Russia is Guillty for Acts of War against the M-E-N Islands(Malden, Everon and Nogova). Russia needs to return all stolen artifacts from Museum, Churches and other places. And also they need to pay for all Damages on the Islands and give supplies for the Rebuild of Nogova. The total ammount of Money Russia needs is a secret but rumors go around that the ammount comes to 1 Billion $. This is al going wel for 3 years but then Russia decides that they stop supplying M-A-N. As soon as the Prime Minister of M-A-N Igor K.(their one Country together)gets a word of this, he's flying to Russia to go ask whats the matter with the Supplies. And when the plane of Igor K. Lands the KGB arrests him and put him to an unknown Camp. M-A-N now a verry rich and beautiful Country Demands Russia that they release their Prime Minister or They will Declare War. And guess what its WAR.(now the game begins)

!TOP SECRET!Your a Marine thats selected to be on the Nogovan Sharks(Special Marine Ops Team) You will first need to Finish your Training on Desert Island(Army Base of M-A-N at the Coast of China !TOP SECRET!. Then you will fly back to the Nogovan Army Air Base to get briefed for your mission. Your objectief is Rescue Igor. K(your prime minister)You and your Team(7 other guys/girls) will be dropped at the coast of Russia. You need to find your way in Russia Fighting, Shooting, Stealth Style allong the side of the Nogovan Army.At a couple of mission you will find your P.M at a Russian Camp tiëd to a Chair. You Rescue him with your Crew. And bring him Back to Nogova. But When your Back at Nogova you see That Russian Migs have followd you and that he just want to attack the Nogovan MiG-21 shoots them out of the Air. More missions Possible

i dreamed about it and woke up and wrote it down at 3'o clock in the morning

There will be a campaign eventually but at the moment we are making the units to be featured in it first.

i dreamed about it and woke up and wrote it down at 3'o clock in the morning

I suggest you take a holiday mate crazy_o.gif

sounds good but i'd be surprised that nogova could afford a full scale conflict agaist russia man power is not strong engouth it would mean that nogova as super soldiers wich is more likely impossible but something going on in nogova would be nice wink_o.gif

Civil war type action between Nogova, Malden and Everon is more likely, comparable to Serbia's raids on Croatia and Bosnia.

Head over to their forums to see my full idea smile_o.gif

nogova oak. who originally created it? edge used it but it was a more well known addon maker that created it some time ago.

Sorry for going a bit off-topic: "Nogova oak" is my creation, although the colour combination was taken from Sebastian Mueller's and Marfy's MT-LB addon pack. The amoeba design is free-hand painting.

I also named it "Nogova oak", for it resembled Czech camouflage pattern from 1950s called "oak pattern" (in Czech).

I was recently told that it is quite similar to Polish Wzor 93 camo, which was completely new information to me. But I was almost scared how similar it is... smile_o.gif

If you downloaded newest buggy addon (called MARV) by Sebastian, on the vests of crewmen he used my "naval oak" pattern, which is mix of some very old pattern design and amoeba shape of Nogova oak.

Last (more on-topic) info: Today I made agreement with NDF creators to participate on making soldier skins for their pack. We havent agreed upon the camouflage pattern yet, but I am sure I will try to use some of my patterns in that work wink_o.gif

Gereat news!

IMO skilled addon makers should always be working together if they're making similiar addons. smile_o.gif

Or at least addons that go into the same direction. ;)

So does this mean that the woodland camo is out the window?

biggrin_o.gif

No it does not smile_o.gif

Quite a lot.. our time is getting bigger and bigger.. a lot of people are freelance however (people who donated stuff etc)

smile_o.gif

So does this mean that the woodland camo is out the window?

biggrin_o.gif

No it does not smile_o.gif

Woodland is overused though, we should have something unique. Nogova Oak! Nogova Oak!