Sign in to follow this  
Supah

Nogovan Armed Forces Project

nogova oak. who originally created it? edge used it but it was a more well known addon maker that created it some time ago.

take a good look at the RES sniper and pilot models - thay have that more higher resolution texture that has more green than red in it, like the regular resistance troops. any comments on that camo?

@supah

I dont understand how there's no affiliation with the army thread when the order of battle you are using is right from that thread? (page 1 to be exact)

Basically, the "army" thread was just discussion. Ideas in there were taken and are being used here now.

As for Nogovan Oak, I posted a pic in the "army thread" of guys wearing edge's nogova oak on some kmarn soldier models just for the idea.(just my own messing around...not part of the mod btw)

EDIT: http://www.operationnorthstar.com/pics/nogosoldiers.jpg

@supah

I dont understand how there's no affiliation with the army thread when the order of battle you are using is right from that thread? (page 1 to be exact)

Basically, the "army" thread was just discussion. Ideas in there were taken and are being used here now.

Hellfish6 is our military advisor. Thats the reason why we use his orbat. It became a discussion about nuclear weapons and more weapons who nogova just cant afford. bassically our main forces will use the standard woodland and the altered pattern that can be seen on our reservist troops at our site.

Then I must have misunderstood something, if you don't plan a "Home Guard".

nogova oak. who originally created it? edge used it but it was a more well known addon maker that created it some time ago.

take a good look at the RES sniper and pilot models - thay have that more higher resolution texture that has more green than red in it, like the regular resistance troops. any comments on that camo?

I the oak pattern was used in the MT-LB pack first. It must have been created by Sebastian Müller or Marfy. And I like this Pattern. It's Perfect for Nogova's forrests! smile_o.gif

The original Resistance pilot, sniper, crew, and machinegunner wear German Flecktarn camo.

But many other Resistance addons already use nogova oak and it would be great to see this pattern used by the Nogovan armed forces, too! wink_o.gif

Hi, I know it may have been discused, but I'm in a rush and I can't stop to read the hall topic.

Is winter units in the works aswell?

BTW, do somebody thought about the old FIA mod discusion in this forums?

Maybe Aeon's ideas could be usefull here.

@CERO.

personally i really love the german flectarn camo. i always pictured a modern resistance army or nogovan army dressed like this. Once I made some makeshift troops (never released, for personal use) modern nogova soldiers using german flectarn troops from the hk pack, with the german flag removed, but armed with ak 74s

I'm from Germany, but I'm still against the idea of using some other country's camo pattern. Nogova oak is a genuine pattern made exclusevly by the ofp community. And it looks yummy! biggrin_o.gif

But it's still a decision to be made by the people who put their time and work into this great project! wink_o.gif

You guys gonna make some dress units? I've seen a lack of them lately, and sometimes, you just need them. I can help by designing Class Alphas and Class Bravos.

Well i think that for a defence force we should have camo that suits the terrain of nogova not much terrain matches the smokey rance

true true i take back my statement.

also is there going to be desert troops? i know nogova would most likely not send troops somewhere else but they might send a small force to help the americans somewhere right? so they might have needed to adopt a desert cam maybe the americans gave them a whole heap of there old desert cams?

just wondering

true true i take back my statement.

also is there going to be desert troops? i know nogova would most likely not send troops somewhere else but they might send a small force to help the americans somewhere right? so they might have needed to adopt a desert cam maybe the americans gave them a whole heap of there old desert cams?

just wondering

I dont think that is a very realistic scenario. Nogova doesnt have the man power to support overseas deployments.

Well They can Train on Desert Island or Such things or mayby their in the NATO or UN then you will have Nogovan Blue Helmets with a Desert Camo  biggrin_o.gif  because they are needed to build up Afghanistan and Iraq again and give aid to poor and sick people biggrin_o.gif

Desert cammoflage would only useful in the desert areas of Nogova. I don't think a tiny island nation would be sending troops around the world to do peacekeeping.

Personally I think time and work would be better spent on creating other unique units for the Nogovan military. Things like a civilian militia, bunkers, transport aircraft, wheeled APC's (cheap for a small military). The most international action this force would see is perhaps invading or doing peacekeeping on Malden and Everon or something.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Desert cammoflage would only useful in the desert areas of Nogova.  

ermmmm.... spot the 'stating the obvious'

wink_o.gif

Personally I think Suchey's Russian Naval Troops with Nogova Oak Pattern Uniforms would look great. However, I think the Body Armor that model is wearing might be better if it was changed to an olive drab color, just for asthetics.

This would give Nogova's army a slightly more professional look, atleast in my opinion, again, just some thoughts.

The most international action this force would see is perhaps invading or doing peacekeeping on Malden and Everon or something.  

Question! biggrin_o.gif Have you guys decided how these island are associated with eachother? Are Malden and Everon simply subjugates of a greater "Nogova Republic" that the main Nogovan island is responsible for protecting or are Malden and Even separate states with standing armies?

I believe we're operating under the assumption that they're all part of one country - Nogova.