Sign in to follow this  
suchey

Marine assault pack

But i agree, they are always actually too much powerfull that they left without purpose the need of the one shot-only "i can't destroy t80/M1A1 so i am dead" AT4/Carl Gustav

Lol, thats a nice description biggrin_o.gif , its ridiculous that one infantry unit can carry 5 rockets and blow up 5 APC's with no chance of survival for the soldiers in cargo, the values on the MAP smaw and rpg16 are much better gameplay and realism wise, keep them and make them standard smile_o.gif .

edit: typo..

I really don't have the time to read 37 plus pages of post - Sorry,if this has already been answered crazy_o.gif

ECP has its own Modified MAP I believe,will this pack screw tht up @ all?

Check this link 2 see what I mean..

rock.gif

Hey guys, I'll try to answer all questions the I can....

Miles Teg:   I didn't add a new sniper rifle because i didn't want to add any new content to the pack.  If i did I would have added an M40 for West and a more modern sniper rifle then the SVD for the East (like the VSS).  I also would have liked to add a russian equivalent to the Javelin, and ghillie suited or camoflaged marines.  Of course adding new content always entails either creating a whole new set of class names, or adding a requirement for some other addon, so, as I am not a great weapon maker (not even close to the caliber of Earl), and I didn't want to add any other file requirements, I elected to use default BIS weapons instead.  That being said I would gladly entertain making a version 1.2 with updated newer weapons (like your M40) if I had Suchey's permission, and if they measured up to the weapons already in the pack.  Send me a link for it and let me check it out.  I'll put my email at the bottom of this post.

Munk:  I didn't make the SMAWs/RPGs more powerful because I didn't want to mess with the "spirit" of what Suchey and the gang were trying to accomplish.  I only messed around with the flight model so the AI could use them without missing all the time.  I agree that they are a tad underpowered (but more realistic then BIS LAWs for sure) , and in reality AT and HE rounds are actually the same size (they come in these standard size cannister/magazines that load in the back).  But I felt that they meshed nicely with the game, so in the interest of balance i left their power and size as is.

Heartseeker:  I added a bunch of new units basically to take advantage of all the awesome weapons in the pack that normally just sit around getting dusty in the ammo crates.  Here is a list:

USMC Rifleman (M16A2)

USMC Desert Rifleman (M16A2)                    

USMC Sniper

USMC Desert Sniper

USMC AA Soldier

USMC Desert AA Soldier

USMC Force Recon Scout Sniper

USMC Force Recon Assault Grenedier      

USMC Force Recon Laser Designator          

USMC Force Recon Assault MG            

Russian Naval Infantry Sniper

Russian Desert Sniper  

Russian Naval Infantry AA Soldier

Russian Desert AA Soldier

Russian Naval Spetsnaz Demolitions        

Russian Naval Spetsnaz MG    

Russian Naval Spetsnaz Grenedier      

Russian Naval Spetsnaz Sniper                

Russian Naval Spetsnaz Saboteur

I also added new groups including Desert groups and 2 Special Forces groups (one silenced, one assault) for each side.  Some of these units are not necessarily the most realistic (such as USMC snipers use M40s not M21s)  but I tried to be true to the content already there.  biggrin_o.gif

Sanctuary:  I used the the models I figured were the most appropriate for the snipers.  I had my own little sniper fashion show, and looked for soldier pics on the web and after much deliberation I elected to use the units with the ranger hats (I think thats what they're called - the cowboyish hats at any rate) for the west, and the bandana heads for the east.  Ghillie or camo units would have been nice but I'm a coder not an addon maker.  Actually there was a cool yet unused ghillie suit texture made by Suchey and the gang hidden in the pack ... I really would have like to use that somehow ... maybe someday   wink_o.gif

Ronin:  This will screw it up as much as the original version would.  If you can have both versions of the pack installed (the original and the ECP version) and have no conflicts, then there would be no problems with this newer version.

Anyways I hope this answers your question.  I'll keep checkin on this post and answer further ones if they arise. Or just email me.

Mako

Mako_969@hotmail.com

He's some pics of the snipers (Desert, Urban, Woodland)

Des_Sniper.jpg

Urb_Sniper.jpg

Wdl_Sniper.jpg

Boy the BIS M21 is really showing its age (square scope tounge_o.gif )

Ahh okie - Is their a plan to make the patch (per say) compatible with ECP?

rock.gif

Not tht I don't appreciate the work and effort you have put into this - (AI Firing Javelin is gonna b way kool - wink_o.gif )Its just tht I don't wanna install this and find tht my beloved marines don't work with ECP or OFP throws up errors and stuff..

If I'm wrong - Plz slap me with a Rubber Chicken and tell me 2 shut up tounge_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Boy the BIS M21 is really showing its age (square scope )

I wonder what my first addon will be...

wink_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

OK,I DL'd the 'fixed' pack from the link on the previous page, and after opening in mission editor, do not see any new units. Are they still under the West, USMC MARPAT tab? I deletd the previous version and still nothing.... someone toss me a bone here.

Thanks for the precisions OFPMako (and thanks Munk for the screenshots).

I downloaded the updated pack, i appreciate the fixes and groups/units addition.

Good job icon14.gif

@FerretFangs, the new units are under the USMC Marpat class (an under the Naval class for the East) with the other already existing units.

Huh... Well I'm not seeeing any new units. Maybe it's the link on that previous page? Are there any other reliable mirrors?

Man, I just dL'd the v.1.1 from OFPEC, and still no cigar. I can't imagine what's going on.

Goes into the Res/Addons folder, right? Oh wait, I've got the Y2K3 config. Is the Assault Pack to be loaded into there?

*Edit: Yep, that's where it goes. Duh....

Boy the BIS M21 is really showing its age (square scope  tounge_o.gif  )

If you opened up your flashpoint Preferences and set the LOD settings to best quality it wouldnt look like that.

rock.gif

Not tht I don't appreciate the work and effort you have put into this - (AI Firing Javelin is gonna b way kool - wink_o.gif )Its just tht I don't wanna install this and find tht my beloved marines don't work with ECP or OFP throws up errors and stuff..

If I'm wrong - Plz slap me with a Rubber Chicken and tell me 2 shut up tounge_o.gif

It's really sad this pack does not contain the ecp fix. Does it at least contain the fixes made by Kammak? Or is this just an incompatible (at least) third version of this pack?

It's not that i don't appreciate your work, but it would have been better if you had checked the "requirements" of this pack regarding compatibility before publishing it. Now people will have to modify this pack to even get it running with previous missions without errors which will create just more conflicting versions of this pack and create crashes and confusion in multiplayer. All this could have been avoided with just one question and a few lines of code crazy_o.gif

Okie,Thanx Benu - Is this gonna b made ECP Compatible then? Would really appreciate it if you could... biggrin_o.gif

Also,been reading back a little bit - How comes their is a Desert Medic fixed? Wouldn't it b an idea to just fix the original Medic and just have tht one instead of 2 Desert Medics - 1 tht works,while the other doesn't.. crazy_o.gif

Isn't tht kinda pointless?

If I'm wrong - Plz slap me with a Rubber Chicken and tell me 2 shut up  tounge_o.gif

Also,been reading back a little bit - How comes their is a Desert Medic fixed? Wouldn't it b an idea to just fix the original Medic and just have tht one instead of 2 Desert Medics - 1 tht works,while the other doesn't..

Isn't tht kinda pointless?

OK, I have slapped him with a Rubber chicken and told him to shutup <---dont worry he's a clanmate.

Just to clarify for you others, casue something was lost in the English/English translation somehow rock.gif

He fixed the Desert Medic (wasnt able to heal previously), he is able to now... There is not 2 of them a working one and a non-working one....Knuckleheads...

So basically in a nutshell, if you used MAP PAck 1.0 and made missions or play missions with them , ECP or no-ECP, Overwrite the 1.0 with 1.1 .pbo's. Everything works fine!

Nice jobon the Update by the way, Snipers were needed, along with the SMAW/Javelin fixes..

I think Suchey's little present (the Russian tank crew) fixed the medic bug. I personally just get that instead of this new pack.

rock.gif

Not tht I don't appreciate the work and effort you have put into this - (AI Firing Javelin is gonna b way kool -  wink_o.gif  )Its just tht I don't wanna install this and find tht my beloved marines don't work with ECP or OFP throws up errors and stuff..

If I'm wrong - Plz slap me with a Rubber Chicken and tell me 2 shut up  tounge_o.gif

It's really sad this pack does not contain the ecp fix. Does it at least contain the fixes made by Kammak? Or is this just an incompatible (at least) third version of this pack?

It's not that i don't appreciate your work, but it would have been better if you had checked the "requirements" of this pack regarding compatibility before publishing it. Now people will have to modify this pack to even get it running with previous missions without errors which will create just more conflicting versions of this pack and create crashes and confusion in multiplayer. All this could have been avoided with just one question and a few lines of code  crazy_o.gif

OK peoples listen up, last time I say it. He did not add anything new to pack to make it uncompatible with ECP. It is totally compatible as well as MAP 1.0 was. The new snipers (Boonie model and recon patrol models with sniper rifles)use default BIS guns (m21/Dragunov), in which it is still compatible.

All it did was fix some bugs with SMAW and Jav.

fixed Des. Corpsemen (MEdic)

added snipers,

added Groups that should of beent here in the first place. Like Desert Squad and Force ASsault squad and Force Patrol Squad.

**THERE IS NO REASON NOT TO DOWNLOAD THIS**

ok for all you skeptical people out there I did Test this, so Im not telling you this to hear my self say it again.

Test it this way:

--------------------

take out MAP pack 1.0 .pbo's and save in Temp Dir. (folder for the Computer Illiterate) drop these 1.1 .pbo's in there to replace them. Test any mission you have marines in, check em in Editor, to fully satisfy yourself and mind. I run ECP 100% of time also btw.

OK peoples listen up, last time I say it. He did not add anything new to pack to make it uncompatible with ECP. It is totally compatible as well as MAP 1.0 was.

ECP 1.0 never was compatible, thats why it had to be fixed by the ecp team. There were two versions of the marpat, the original and the one from the ecp team, and those were not compatible.

two  words -   TEST IT     <---simple science, that might waste a total of 5 minutes of your precious time, oh wait you wasted that here replyng without reading.......

You are only partially right also...there was MAP 1.0 and there was ECP. in which, they werent compatible, Same with a few other mods. The ECP team was gratious enough to make the files we need to make MAP 1.0  and a few other mods compatible with ECP.

Not trying to bust your Cohones or anything, just saying the simple 5 minute test would have saved you time posting here and you couldve been in game wasting enemies...With them New MAP 1.1...110% flawlessly..With ECP

two words - TEST IT <---simple science, that might waste a total of 5 minutes of your precious time, oh wait you wasted that here replyng without reading.......

You are only partially right also...there was MAP 1.0 and there was ECP. in which, they werent compatible, Same with a few other mods. The ECP team was gratious enough to make the files we need to make MAP 1.0 and a few other mods compatible with ECP.

Not trying to bust your Cohones or anything, just saying the simple 5 minute test would have saved you time posting here and you couldve been in game wasting enemies...With them New MAP 1.1...110% flawlessly..With ECP

I don't know why you overreact that way. Ronin asked if the ecp event handlers where in this version or not, OFPMako said that they weren't, and i said that i find this sad, because it would have been little work and because of this there will be different versions of this pack AGAIN. I still think the point is valid, as the problems with ecp will most likely effect EECP and Y2K3 too, and many ppl use this. So instead of shooting the messenger and going on a rant about my cohones you could have said something more constructive imho.

I did take (even more than) 5 minutes and checked the configs, and guess what, the ecp event handlers are NOT in there. Just as OFPMako already said. Don't bother, i already put them in myself. This will be another ecp enabled version of the marpat pack. Hooray, more confusion and incompatibilities in MP. It would have taken one post to ask the community if any features should be added and what features before releasing it and a few lines of code to prevent this and make an addon that runs with AND without ecp.

I am not sure what problems exactly the original marpat addon caused with ecp, but obviously it was serious enough to put out a fixed version. We are using that fixed version on our server and want the new version to contain those fixes as well. Do you think that this is too much?

How is the Javelin "fixed"? Did they remove the top attack capability and made it almost identical to the Carl Gustav?