Sign in to follow this  
blackdog~

Real life photography/photo editing

quick question on aparture as i dont really figure that one out...

what is largest?

f8.0 or f2.6?

The lower the f-value the wider the aperture is open, the more light reaches the sensor.

ok, so f2.6 (wich is the lowest setting on my camera) should be preferable in low light conditions.....

good to know....

so..

point metering

-1EV or -2EV

f2.6

burst mode

and if possibly, using a DSLR :P

could anyone recommend a good beginner - amateur DSLR?

i have held a couple different cameras, and tbh Canon feels to light and plastic for me... the Nikon cameras feels a bit better....

The new Nikon D80's are great, but if its too expensive, get a second hand D70S, you can get a kit (Body plus lens) for about $1500NZ. If I was starting out again, I would get a D80 and 18-200 VR lens...

The new Nikon D80's are great, but if its too expensive, get a second hand D70S, you can get a kit (Body plus lens) for about $1500NZ. If I was starting out again, I would get a D80 and 18-200 VR lens...

a D80 wouldnt be such a big problem really... it´s just a few months savings (aka a months salary)

and it´s not a hurry anyway, i can afford to wait a few months wink_o.gif

A D80 and a 35mm 2,0 is what I would buy if I was on the lookout for another camera besides the D200, which will soon be mine! biggrin_o.gif

Hey Goob. Long time no hear. 30mm f2.0 sounds good, especially for low light stuff, but its a bit impracticle having one medium prime lens hehe. Dude, the D200 is going knock your socks off smile_o.gif

I still havent gotten around to getting a lensbaby yet... Which one is best you reckon?

DSCN0252.jpg

46664 consert in TromsÅ™ 2005...the only picture my dad took of the big little man himself was shitty and blurry confused_o.gif

DSCN0321.jpg

My dad overlooking a valley

DSCN0340.jpg

Picture of the island my cousin got married on...

DSCN0347.jpg

Another picture of midnight sun...too bad the camera was too shitty to show how it really looked...which was quite much more neat than that picture...

DSCN0359.jpg

DSCN0376.jpg

DSCN0379.jpg

Umm, just some snowy mountains...

DSCN0437.jpg

Another picture of my dog, just after we got her...

DSCN0463.jpg

A hut somewhere...

Those hi-pics take from the Washington Monument? Nice pics, cool that you caught Marine One too. wink_o.gif

Nice piccies... 46664 concert, damn... biggrin_o.gif

Dude, the D200 is going knock your socks off smile_o.gif

I still havent gotten around to getting a lensbaby yet... Which one is best you reckon?

Heya Killagee! Yeah, I tried it out at a photography fair together with my dads old 50mm AiS lens... And man, it was sweet! I later tried it with an autofocus lens at a local hockey match, and it was even sweeter! Love all the new AF-functions and the general feel of the entire camera. Can't wait till my next paycheck so I can place an order biggrin_o.gif

I think you should get the Lensbaby 2.0! I love it, it's so versatile I almost cry everytime I look at it. Though, the original one is nice too, it comes nowhere close to the 2.0's optical performance... Which sometimes is a good thing.

negstu1.jpg

Snapped that one with the 2.0 and f/8 aperture installed.

Still unsure about that pic. biggrin_o.gif

Any suggestions for a good, fairly priced digital camera? Thinking about visiting UK for a week next summer (and going to both Flying Legends and RIAT whistle.gif), and thus I'd really need a decent camera. Something at about <600 € total cost. My cousin is an (amateur) photographer though, so I might get a bit discount from his firends who apparently swap cameras all the time.

Already thought about EOS 400D until I saw the cost... nearly 800 just for the body! crazy_o.gif

help.gif

Got some film off work today - 396 exposures all in all.

drygautsad4.jpg