day29pc.jpg

s29fn.jpg

::: Sunset Pictures :::

sunset40hw.jpg

sunset22qo.jpg

s42xy.jpg

s55xx.jpg

s18ei.jpg

One question, what does everyone use to carry lenses around? I've got a camera bag, but theres only really room for the camera and a single lens, anything more than that and it doesn't fit.. A normal backback is kinda big, and I wouldn't want to leave a bunch of lenses rolling around and get leaned on etc

- Ben

I bought some cheap lenscases from Lowepro, bought one of those pads you use for camping, cut it up, and glued the pieces in my old semi-hard messengerbag, internally it looks just like a real photobag with dividers etc. Works a champ but isn't as safe as one might prefer...

Right now I'm saving up for a more permanent solution, something from Crumpler or the Lowepro D200 AW...

rg7621: That last dayshot is amazing.

Went to Atlanta for the weekend for my cousin's wedding. Southwest doesn't fly into Atlanta directly, so my brothers and I flew to Birmingham, Alabama and drove to Atlanta, Georgia.

Camera is a Canon PowerShot SD400. I try playing with the manual settings to learn how photography works. Sometimes it works, sometimes I get lucky, and sometimes I forget the settings are going to screw up the next shots. It would be really nice if it had 'profiles' that I could just store a pile of settings in to give it a semi-auto controlled functionality.

Close up picture of an interesting flower where the wedding was :

IMG_0196b.jpg

It's amusing just how much more lush and saturated the vegetation is in the Conservative South as compared to the Liberal Pacific Northwest. wink_o.gif

IMG_0227b.jpg

Mom said she'd comp an economy car ($45 USD) for the weekend. The car rental place also had the cheapest gas prices in the country. Another $45 USD out of my pocket got my brothers and I this :

IMG_0255b.jpg

It's been close to 10 years since I've been back there, if you ever get the chance to go to Stone Mountain it's awesome. The whole park is incredible, and the laser show is fantastic. Especially the memorial tribute at the end. The cultural differences in attitude are still profound in society. Those of us northerners often neglect I think to remember the individual costs and sacrifices that are such a part of the collective Southern memory.

IMG_0272b.jpg

Talladega SuperSpeedway is 50 miles east of Birmingham. It was pouring rain heading to Atlanta, and we were running late heading back to Birmingham, so we didn't get to stop. The International Motorsports Museam is at Talladega, and nowhere else. Enough said.

IMG_0278b.jpg

Our flight from Birmingham was delayed an hour while loading a dozen wheelchairs for a team returning to Los Angeles from competing in the National Championship Power Soccer tournament that weekend also in Birmingham.

IMG_0280b.jpg

rg7621, not that it needed editing, but I was bored and didn't have anything to Photoshop, hope you don't mind xmas_o.gif :

161059244_a61347f19c_o.jpg

- Ben

Hi,

Great pics everyone! I'm not as talented as some here but I thought I'd share some pictures of the South America trip I'm currently enjoying with my wife.

the following links are slideshows, the pics unfortunately are strongly reduced in size and quality from their 8 Mpixel originals. They are not postprocessed either (cybercafes, ya know...). All pics taken with Canon Eos350 with Tamron 18-200 and UV Filter..unfortunately I left some filters at home. I especially miss that gradient greyscale thingy whatever it's called in English...the contrasts in the tropical sun are brutal so the sky is sometimes overexposed...

They cover the last 3.5 months, starting in Buenos Aires/Argentina. Total around 400 pictures, my favourites being those from Galapagos.

Argentina, Buenos Aires to Iguazu Falls

From Chile to Bolivia

Cusco - Machu Picchu

Potosi - La Paz - Lake Titicaca

Peru - South to North

Galapagos Islands - the last paradise

Hasta luego from Quito/Ecuador. cu for Armed Assault wink_o.gif

Shrike

rg7621, not that it needed editing, but I was bored and didn't have anything to Photoshop, hope you don't mind xmas_o.gif :

- Ben

Now that's even more picture perfect. biggrin_o.gif

How did you cut around the bird so cleanly? I'm pretty bad at editing.

Clone Stamp, set to "Sample All Layers", with a blank layer selected, clone a bit too much, and you can use the eraser tool to remove it (Use a soft brush)

Aslong as it's going onto a similar colour background, it's pretty simple to make it look reasonable smile_o.gif

- Ben

Random from weekend..nothing special,Monza is just 20Km away!!

Monza-cars1-bor-log-web750.jpg

Monza-cars2-bor-log-web750.jpg

Monza-gilrs3-bord-log-web6.jpg

Monza-gilrs1-bord-log-web6.jpg

Nice places Shrike and pics too smile_o.gif

@Ares1978:

That macro shot of the 2€ coin is amazing. I love the way you got the textures so well...

I just bought an EOS 350D and to whoever it was who was asking about a telephoto lens, I'd recommend the Sigma 28-300 I just got thumbs-up.gif

Some photos I took on a walk this evening.

bluetaileddamselfly.jpg

Blue-tailed damselfly (female, 'rufescens' varient)

Frog.jpg

Common frog

spottedorchid.jpg

Spotted orchid

slowworm.jpg

Slow worm (a type of lizard with no legs)

Shame I didn't get his head in focus, but it was difficult holding it and taking the photo at the same time without gripping it such that it would drop its tail and run off; something that happened when I tried to take a photo of a common lizard.

Could people post what equipment they use when posting a picture they've taken? I'm currently shopping for equipment (specifically lenses) and the best barometer is actual photos (I'm tired of looking round sites which have pictures of all the pretty lenses on offer, I want to see what they can actually produce lol confused_o.gif )

163690563_4219de83b5_o.jpg

Evil, evil midges tounge2.gif

163690589_81f5a3cf98_o.jpg

Both taken with my new Sigma 70-300mm telephoto lens biggrin_o.gif

Only bad thing, with the lens shrowd-thing and the lens extended, I'm sure it looks shifty as feck, but oh well tounge2.gif

- Ben

baseEHHO2small.jpg

Me piloting my Cessna 172 to my first unaided landing at Hoogeveen airport (ICOA Code: EHHO).

phangsmall.jpg

My ride through the skies, A model 1976 Cessna 172 M Skyhawk II smile_o.gif

Lately I've noticed I spend WAY too much time in front of the computer - be it work or play. Sadly I haven't had much time or inspiration for photography (which makes this post sort of ironic), and I've realized that I'm in desperate need of a new hobby. So today, I picked up a little extra during my grocery shopping.

guitarcp7ut.jpg

*edit* and if anyone is interested, the first musical masterpiece I'm butchering is Pink Floyd's "wish you were here"

blockquote><p>You

@Tovarish: Ermmm... little? http://forums.bistudio.com/oldsmileys/wink_o.gif' alt='wink_o.gif'> We should open a RL music/music editing thread. In the meantime I know enough active community members who are making music (be it on the PC or "real") smile_o.gif

OFP isnt a flight simulator smile_o.gif it was cool to have the Cessna in it, it actually was quite flyable smile_o.gif IRL Flying is more fun then flying on a PC though.

angel3small.jpg

Blue Angels arriving for their only european appearance of this year at Leeuwarden Airbase smile_o.gif