Sign in to follow this  
blackdog~

Real life photography/photo editing

Awwwwwwww... Ducks are awesome biggrin_o.gif

A trick when taking photos of small animals, is to get down to their level or lower. It makes them appear bigger and you get more detail wink_o.gifsmile_o.gif

Plus it's always good to have a reason for lying down randomly.. tounge2.gif

The taking-pictures-from-low-down thing applies to anything really, the lower you go (obviously) thigns will look bigger in comparison, eqully, taking pictures from high up makes things look smaller, and it can make a fairly dull picture seem more interesting in quite a lot of cases. (Small point, but the ammount of detail will really be how close you are/how zoomed in you are)

http://img108.imageshack.us/img108/5262/100b1009b3ku.jpg crazy_o.gif Looks scarey

http://koti.mbnet.fi/enforcer/pics/upyourcloaca1.jpg biggrin_o.gif Hmm.. Why were they standing like that..?

Might as well stick with the duck theme tounge2.gif

Taken a while ago, don't remeber if I posted this, ahwell :

146579726_5fdcf055c8_o.jpg

- Ben

So it's not the start of a circus-like bird-pyramid then? sad_o.gif

- Ben

All these were taken in the same park.

I was about two feet away from this little fella and I also waited five minutes to take these shots.

IMG_1019copy.jpg

IMG_1015copy.jpg

ArmA! Haha.

IMG_1073copy.jpg

IMG_1109copy.jpg

This was taken back at my sister's house in Rio Grande City.

I had to take this shot inside the house behind a window and open blinds.

IMG_0987copy.jpg

You should try using a different file format to remove a lot of the grain and GIF artifacts and moving to a better position as your picture is counterlit.

You should try using a different file format to remove a lot of the grain and GIF artifacts and moving to a better position as your picture is counterlit.

putting it in gif was probally his only way of getting it under 100kb. Just a guess dont kill me.

I hate JPG so much that I don't mind grain as long as my image is crisp!!! yay.gifsmile_o.gif

I hate JPG so much that I don't mind grain as long as my image is crisp!!! yay.gif  smile_o.gif

Yeeees quite! Crisp? Are we even talking about the same picture here? The pixelated 28kps retro feel a-10 shot? I would pbb call that something that has a lot of letter in common with crisp but features an A somewhere. But if that's your thing then its up to you.

Blackdog:

Is that the BIS A-10? nener.gif Playing...

Edit:Still a great shot.

No it's Diesel's USAF A10

No, the thunderbirds don't get down this far to Southern California for the Miramar Airshow and the Blue Angels are pretty much the star performer each year... and the show is pretty much full every year...

thanks,

Great moody shot goob. Do you use fill-flash for these shots? If not you should give it a try... i cant remember what kind of camera you use...

Just a little bit of flash can help bring out facial details and add contrat if you keep the rest of the image dark...

What glass are you gonna get?

dunno if this is O/T but still........ confused_o.gif

right now i am trying to find myself a good wide angle/ long range lens for my D70s, while nikon themself have the range that i wanted(17-55 and 70-210) these piece would cause me a Xhitload of money (add up, its almost $3200 in US, huh.gif and i only got $680 something(income from HSBC not counted tounge2.gif ) each mouth) so i was trying find a 3rd party one about those range, did anyone have any good suggestions??(those 1X-X00 something could be skip BTW)

Great moody shot goob. Do you use fill-flash for these shots? If not you should give it a try... i cant remember what kind of camera you use...

Just a little bit of flash can help bring out facial details and add contrat if you keep the rest of the image dark...

What glass are you gonna get?

Thanks mate! As I said earlier comments coming from you hit home extra hard, this thread and your shots is one of the main reasons why I started photography in a serious way. No, unfortunatley I didn't... Gonna try to get my hands on an SB-600 or 800 someday.

It'll probably be the Nikkor 24mm or the 10.5m fisheye, depending on how many workhours I can get in this summer. Any suggestions are very welcome indeed.

@ 4 IN 1; Dunno if this suits your needs, but my friend has the Tamron 28-75/2,8 which works great, not too wide or anything. But I reckon it should be worth the 460 USD.

EDIT: farsover1zv.jpg

@ 4 IN 1; Dunno if this suits your needs, but my friend has the Tamron 28-75/2,8 which works great, not too wide or anything. But I reckon it should be worth the 460 USD.

EDIT: http://img305.imageshack.us/img305/4305/farsover1zv.jpg[/img

well i already got a sigma 24-70 EX, 2.8f with marco, cheap, not bad for ppl/products but too narrow/short for others, those are the range i missed for

Hey Brataccas, you think those are big wheels, you should come to Texas...haha.

Edit: I like that little construction vehicle.