Sign in to follow this  
blackdog~

Real life photography/photo editing

d7cockpit3.jpg

Canon EOS 350D, Tamron 70 - 300, ISO 100, F8.0, F=136mm, 13 sec. exposure time

Cockpit Area of a fokker D-VII, argueably Anthony Fokker's best design of ww1.

Nice shot but >100 kb. OR doesn't that count in this thread?

Correct, apparently 86 KB in Photoshop CS2 doesnt mean 86 KB in real life. reuploading wink_o.gif

Edit: Ok fixed now, does look damn ugly though. See the fullsized one here

What is a long exposure good for when taking pictures of things that aren't moving and there is enough light? And I guess you use some filter for blocking out some light?

What is a long exposure good for when taking pictures of things that aren't moving and there is enough light? And I guess you use some filter for blocking out some light?

It looks like it has enough lighting because of the long exposure time wink_o.gif The plane is in a reasonably dark hall, on a short exposure time you would get a really dark picture. I was also using a zoom lens which means you need more light AND I was using a fairly large aperture opening requiring even more light or in lack there of a longer exposure. A good tripod is always a nice investment. You could use a flash but I dont like the effect they have and one that removes that effect is cumbersome and expensive. If you photograph moving things you want short exposure times otherwise things get blurry so you use a higher ISO value, lower aperture numbers and you need good lighting.

I was also using a zoom lens which means you need more light AND I was using a fairly large aperture opening requiring even more light or in lack there of a longer exposure.

A higher f-stop value (stopping down) is a smaller aperture diameter.  I think you meant "fairly small aperture".

You should try doing a super long exposure. I've seen some that are 20min exposures of a landscape after sunset, it looks really cool.

I was also using a zoom lens which means you need more light AND I was using a fairly large aperture opening requiring even more light or in lack there of a longer exposure.

A higher f-stop value (stopping down) is a smaller aperture diameter. I think you meant "fairly small aperture".

You should try doing a super long exposure. I've seen some that are 20min exposures of a landscape after sunset, it looks really cool.

Yeah common mistake for me smile_o.gif I might try something like the continuous exposure, the 350D does have a "bulb" setting which allows that. Might look nice if I tried it on some stars ... now for a clear evening wink_o.gif

800-j881-3.jpg

Today some of the local F-16's returned after the base had been out for runway maintenance for a couple of months smile_o.gif

Guest RKSL-Rock

Here a few of a trip to London Zoo about 2 years ago.

They were all taken with a FinePix S602Zoom Pro

skinks.jpg

gettingiton.jpg

eagle1.jpg

chamelion.jpg

Correct - it is a Village in the valley "Salzach".

And that is the largest glacier in Austria.

10002399yh.jpg

And that is the "Murmeltier."

Link

today i'm leaving for two months, i hope i can spam you with some pics when i am back wink_o.gif

ok, a couple of pics i took in june....

not the best quality though..

photo 1

Photo 2

Photo 4

Photo 3

oh, and yes... they are all over 100kb wink_o.gif

no comments on my pics? sad_o.gif

Picture 1 is nice but might have been nicer from a different vantagepoint. Right now the bicycles really jump out. Maybe a lower vantage point closer to the water would have made it even better.

2 isnt really that special.

3 is nice because you can see the ironoxide bearing rock formation

4 isnt as good at illustrating that as 3 smile_o.gif

But you are right, lately there has been a trend of just posting pictures but not comenting on others work, but I think we are all guilty of that wink_o.gif

changing this post...

there isnt any iron oxide in those rocks wink_o.gif it´s limestone and sandstone... the sandstone is the red,

this is from a quarry where they took limestone for making cement..

so, no ironoxide wink_o.gif

the limestone is also whats make the water so blue (actually, there is quite a lot of trouts in that "pond", planted there ofcourse)

the "vikingship" is called Sigrid Storrĺda (Sigrid after the mother to the first christian king in sweden, Olof Skötkonung that was baptised not far from where i took these pics)

the second pic is taken with a wiev over the lake (or actualy a bay in the lake), my hometown can be seen at the horizon.

just behind me is a big cross (christian) and the site has a name wich i cant remember, i know it´s also a big (well, quite famous atleast) city in England... (think that city is known for it´s Monestry or something), becouse this site is belived to be one of the first christian ceremonial sites in sweden. (damn, if i could just remember it´s name)

oh, and sorry, cant post more pics from this trip, these where the best.

Some of you seem very talented..

BBC Photographer of the Year 2005 competition.

Some of you guys should enter.. i dont think its just for the UK seeing theres people from france and norway and such enter.. Just look at the rules and theme.. theres 5 rounds left just have a read about it.. tounge2.gif