Sign in to follow this  
blackdog~

Real life photography/photo editing

since my camera is a cheapo point-and-shoot, i have automatic focus only. one way to get the focus is to place a large enough object like my hand right next to the object i want to take photo of, and then focus on the hand, lock the focus and then take the photo of the small object.

i'm nearly always using autofocus, the only pic i took "manually" was the dragonfly i posted some weeks ago.

thx denoir... your pics show why a zoom is a big plus. confused_o.gif maybe i should buy one, too... crazy_o.gifwink_o.gif did you have any filters mounted?

some more pics:

visiting a vineyard in "Franken"

bild19k.jpg

larger...

bild20k.jpg

larger...

bild18k.jpg

larger...

bild17k.jpg

larger...

smile_o.gif

since my camera is a cheapo point-and-shoot, i have  automatic focus only. one way to get the focus is to place a large enough object like my hand right next to the object i want to take photo of, and then focus on the hand, lock the focus and then take the photo of the small object.

I use auto focus most of the time as well. On occasion under dark conditions, I've used manual, but it's bloody difficult. If you are for instance taking night landscape shots, the auto-focus can't see shit and you can't see shit either.

That's one feature that's good with non-DSLRs - they can amplify the light signal directly electronically and through contrast analysis get a good focus. In the DSLR case it's all optics so if it is dark.. well then you just see darkness.  confused_o.gif

So when I've tried to use manual focus for night landscape photos, they've ended up blurry as I've obviously focused incorrectly.

eos9.jpg

raedor, I'm getting really hungry after seeing those pictures wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]did you have any filters mounted?

I think I used a polarization filter in the last two (not that it made any noticeable difference), while no filter for the rest.

I definately think the 18-200 is a great comprimose Denoir, I might have a look into one i think... Thanks for the Comparison shots mate smile_o.gif

As far as your circular polariser goes, its effect will depend drastically on your angle to the sun. I will have no effect if you are straight onto the sun, medium effect if the sun is right behind you, and most effect at right angles.

If you guys are interested in getting into real in-depth photogfraphic discussions i thouroughly recommend this site:

Fred Miranda Forums

hopefully i will see you there!

I definately think the 18-200 is a great comprimose Denoir, I might have a look into one i think... Thanks for the Comparison shots mate smile_o.gif

As far as your circular polariser goes, its effect will depend drastically on your angle to the sun. I will have no effect if you are straight onto the sun, medium effect if the sun is right behind you, and most effect at right angles.

If you guys are interested in getting into real in-depth photogfraphic discussions i thouroughly recommend this site:

Fred Miranda Forums

hopefully i will see you there!

thx for the link, i'll check this forum out. i guess it is a bit too professional for me wink_o.gif

our theme today: blackbirds.

some weeks ago...

bild21k.jpg

larger...

well, they are growing.

bild25k.jpg

larger...

they are hungry...

bild26k.jpg

larger...

and fat.

bild27k.jpg

larger...

finally some ugly oak procession moths

bild24k.jpg

larger...

050717bland0048nu.jpg

Wind power station

050717bland0139ux.jpg

Taken from the highway

Yepp, that's the theory. And it works ok on reflections, but - and this could be subjective - I havn't seen any noticable differences in sky color, even at the optimal 90 degrees.

Quote[/b] ]If you guys are interested in getting into real in-depth photogfraphic discussions i thouroughly recommend this site:

Fred Miranda Forums

Some great pictures there and interesting discussions. I'm not however quite ready to take that step. The camera is mostly a fun toy for me - I'm not yet prepared to take it up as a real hobby. But who knows? Perhaps I'll develop a more deep interest in it. smile_o.gif

eos10.jpg

eos11.jpg

eos12.jpg

eos13.jpg

These are taken with the pol filter. Notice the reflections in the windows:

eos15.jpgeos14.jpg

ganzen2.jpg

Some geese (Spelling?) in the local parc smile_o.gif I liked the colours of the shot smile_o.gif

These are taken with the pol filter. Notice the reflections in the windows:

http://denoir.ma.cx/ofp/rlpics/eos/eos15.jpghttp://denoir.ma.cx/ofp/rlpics/eos/eos14.jpg

hm, at least on the reflections it is working. maybe you need other/better filters for the no-cloud-sky...

can't remember where this was.

bild28k.jpg

larger...

translation: "Please don't say anything now! No givings of evidence for police or state attorneys. No cooperation with the governmental organs of repression." rofl.gif just to clarify: that's not my opinion...

bild29k.jpg

larger...

that's what you find when you try to evade a traffic jam...

bild30k.jpg

larger...

need for speed?

bild31k.jpg

larger...

the latest fashion.

bild32k.jpg

larger...

i hope this bedspread is warm enough for my car tonight...

bild33k.jpg

larger...

that were the last pics for the next days (& weeks), as the quality loses when i post so many pics in a short time wink_o.gif

One of the member of the Counter-Insectoid special forces keeping insects out of my house.

Brave little guys.

gec22kt.jpg

Cute gagamel! smile_o.gif I have a ginger Norwegian Forest Cat but when he was little I didnt have a digital camera yet smile_o.gif

bajs100b2ez.jpg

biggrin_o.gif

Not the best picture and taken through the kitchen window but this was my first attempt at photographing lightning and now I know it works fine.

Just spent the last 3 days at a cottage,and the pics I tooklook very amateurish compared to most everything else shown here lately but here goes:

The Cabin:

44zv.th.jpg

The view from the water:

60ct.th.jpg

Camera buzzed by bee:

134hb.th.jpg

"They'll never see me - I'm just another log"

74wj.th.jpg

Water spider:

56en.th.jpg

The man loves his beer:

37ae.th.jpg

Me, just being lazy:

92yf.th.jpg

Psychedelic skies:

105jy.th.jpg

I Blame Alcohol:

115uf.th.jpg

Someone had the munchies:

126rw.th.jpg

"Grandma, is that you?"

20rd1.th.jpg

Group shot:

17xy1.th.jpg

Quote[/b] ]The man loves his beer:

You mean the one that he is floating in? tounge2.gif

Quote[/b] ]Someone had the munchies:

so you ate the squarrel? rofl.gif

Still good shots there Tov!

I was feeding these little buggers too last week.  

2085745ba8.jpg

8fbd40199a.jpg

d25d1c8c82.jpg

That last one jumped up on my leg, freaked me out.