Sign in to follow this  
RED

Ecp released!

How about the INQ config now and DR too ?

I am missing them ... can i used previous versions config here or will they exclude some effects or not work at all ?  sad_o.gif

you got mail biggrin_o.gif

latest ECP config.bin with INQ + Dynamicrange sound

I didn't copy all INQ stuff, only the models and some soldier inventories (with some creative addons from me wink_o.gif )

the pistol error was an OFP error because it works if you make a bin from the cpp crazy_o.gif

I hope the ECP guys have no problem with me messing around with their configs wink_o.gif

and remember I'm an beginner cut&pasting together two great mods, don't harm me because of errors tounge_o.gif

quiet_man

How about the INQ config now and DR too ?

I am missing them ... can i used previous versions config here or will they exclude some effects or not work at all ?  sad_o.gif

you got mail  biggrin_o.gif

latest ECP config.bin with INQ + Dynamicrange sound

I didn't copy all INQ stuff, only the models and some soldier inventories (with some creative addons from me  wink_o.gif )

the pistol error was an OFP error because it works if you make a bin from the cpp  crazy_o.gif

I hope the ECP guys have no problem with me messing around with their configs wink_o.gif

and remember I'm an beginner cut&pasting together two great mods, don't harm me because of errors tounge_o.gif

quiet_man

You can do what you want with the configs mate. All our stuff is open source so we don't have a problem with people using anything as long as they give credit smile_o.gif

RED

To all our new found BETA testers:

[*]Should the new grenade system be enabled or disabled by default?

[*]Are explosions too over the top? If so, how so?

Note the that the dialog is a demo only, although most of it will work, things like override settings have been quickly implemented.

Override settings mean that you can choose your level of effects with two mouse clicks.

Well, I think the tank explosion and debris is a little OTT. The after explosions seem a little bit.... much. I thought that a tank was still firing even after it was dead. I liked the smaller explosions.

Also, those grenades seem to be problemic... it's as if the grenade went all the way around the world, (or map) and landed behind me, exploding.

I've just done little grenade test (about 100 grenades used biggrin_o.gif ) and they were working without any problems for me.

So I vote for enabled by default.

Number of debris flying around after FFAR explosions IMHO is way OTT.

Keep up making them more "CPU-friendly", though, as they look very nice.

PS. I used regular config, not DR, nor INQ.

I just tried the latest version. My impressions.

-The explosions are great. I wouldn't say that they are "over the top," but there is a bit much debris in my opinion. Drop maybe 15-20% of that and you'll be golden. I'm glad to see that you finally added flaming shrapnel in as that was about the only thing that I felt GMR had over ECP at this point.

-I was really, really happy to find that explosives created smoking craters in the ground. After playing FDF Mod 1.1, the aftermath of everything else looked a little bland.

I have some suggestions on this area, though.

Small munitions create a bit much smoke as it stands. Things like 20/30mm shells, hand grenades, and so on and so forth. I'd tone that down a bit, but I'd tone UP things like ATGMs and LGBs a bit. The mortar is perfect.

I would also make AP munitions kick up a bit more dust. The footage I've seen of APFSDS rounds going into the earth or a building seem to show a lot of dust rising around the area.

-I was really happy with the smoke columns. I think that you guys have got that right. I was pleased when I saw a nice tall column rising from a BMP.

-Grenades...

I had a bit of trouble with these as well. I tried the ECP bag grenedier and... well... It didn't work. The grenades would just lie there on the ground, unexploded. They only seemed to explode when I fired them at a high angle.

I like what you're doing with that, though.

That's really all that I have to say about the latest version. I'm anxiously awaiting the DR config.

Aside from that. have you guys looked into the material lighting effects config mod that somebody posted in the photography thread a few days ago? Have you considered adding that to ECP? I think it'd go well with everything else.

Anyway, good work. I've been evangelizing ECP since it was simply a "watch this space" placeholder on OFPEC. You guys are doing a killer job.

*edit: One thing I forgot to add:

The ember/ash effect could use a bit of work. I like how they drift a long way, but they look a bit bland when compared to Sigma's ONS or FDF's fires.

Why do you not use JAM_magazines instead BIS_ammo to replace old one rock.gif

HI @ll,

Just tried the new ECP-Version, one time with the other time without the INQ-Mod. It works fine for me and the effects are really great!

But there was a BIG problem. We (me and another guy) used the new ECP+Inq on our Server in a MP-Mission. After we placed a satchel (C4 called in INQ-mod) all the other players (without the new ECP) crashed to desktop and the server crashed every 2nd time too (got a red light). Tried it about 10 times, every time the same result  sad_o.gif

I'm not really sure if it's a problem with Inq or with ECP itselfe.

Does anyone have the same problems?

THX in advance,

MEDICUS

But there was a BIG problem. We (me and another guy) used the new ECP+Inq on our Server in a MP-Mission. After we placed a satchel (C4 called in INQ-mod) all the other players (without the new ECP) crashed to desktop and the server crashed every 2nd time too (got a red light). Tried it about 10 times, every time the same result  sad_o.gif

Hi MEDICUS,

could you plz open ECP_settings.sqs and find this entry

; ECP_explosions_large

; implement large explosions for certain placed-explosive types? (true/false)

? [ECP_explosions_large] call ECP_is_null: ECP_explosions_large = true

and set ECP_explosions_large = false

then repeat your test with the pipebomb and tell me your results.

Make sure everyone that plays on the server has made this adjustment. This effect that u are refering to is in alpha stage--if we can pin it down we should be able to solve it.

Regards

Zay

ECP Team

I think keep things at a rather conservative level in terms of cpu usage. Perhaps make it scalable for people with more powerful pcs?

HI @ll,

Just tried the new ECP-Version, one time with the other time without the INQ-Mod. It works fine for me and the effects are really great!

I'm not really sure if it's a problem with Inq or with ECP itselfe.

Does anyone have the same problems?

THX in advance,

MEDICUS

The problem will be with the INQ config as it uses another model for the C4. Do you get the crash if it is just you and you friend playing?

RED

Quote[/b] ]I'm anxiously awaiting the DR config

The DR config at the ECP page in the DR config plugin section is current. The zip is DR007.zip or something like that.

Quote[/b] ]I had a bit of trouble with these as well. I tried the ECP bag grenedier and... well... It didn't work. The grenades would just lie there on the ground, unexploded. They only seemed to explode when I fired them at a high angle.

Hehe have u ever fired an M203 in real life? The grenades won't explode unless they have been in the air for a period of time. Explosion simulation is a mod that I think most people will hate - it is a little too 'real'. In the next 'limited release' (due the day after tomorrow) explosion simulation will be turned OFF by default.

Quote[/b] ]Aside from that. have you guys looked into the material lighting effects config mod that somebody posted in the photography thread a few days ago? Have you considered adding that to ECP? I think it'd go well with everything else.

We are discussing a 'merge' with a mod that should provide that sort of thing. Watch this space.

Quote[/b] ]The ember/ash effect could use a bit of work. I like how they drift a long way, but they look a bit bland when compared to Sigma's ONS or FDF's fires.

Rgr.

Quote[/b] ]Number of debris flying around after FFAR explosions IMHO is way OTT.

Keep up making them more "CPU-friendly", though, as they look very nice.

Done!

Thanks for the reports guys. Any comments on other features? Does snow and weather work as it should? Lighthouses? Any other requests? AT backblast?

tounge_o.gif

like ag_smith i dont have any problems with the grenades etc and i love the explosions, However they are causing a bit more lag than usual.

the only problem i have had is when i turned of the blood effect via the ingame menu my settings arent saved so i have to do this every time i play a different mission.

I tried turning it of via the config but i got this error message: script scalar bool array string oxfcffffefblood_sqirt.sqs not found. all i did was to change the ECP blood enable to false (which is what i did in the prvious version with no errors).

Anyway thanks to the whole ECP team for your amazing work biggrin_o.gif

well normal grenades works find, but when using ECP one i hit the problem that the nade kill me after i thowe it/ after it hit the ground farrrrrrr away ....................

Quote[/b] ]Hehe have u ever fired an M203 in real life? The grenades won't explode unless they have been in the air for a period of time. Explosion simulation is a mod that I think most people will hate - it is a little too 'real'. In the next 'limited release' (due the day after tomorrow) explosion simulation will be turned OFF by default.
No. no. You misunderstand. I know that they're supposed to be fused. I mean that the grenades did not explode. At all. After firing off five of them, five of them would remain on the ground. I could walk up and examine them without fear of them exploding. I shot a guy with about five of them and all he did is bleed a bit. I found the grenades near his feet.

I don't think that this is an idea that people will hate. Personally, I really like it. Flashpoint is a game with realism in many places, but curious omissions of it in others (like grenade functionality.) It's definetely worth devoting time to.

Quote[/b] ]Thanks for the reports guys. Any comments on other features? Does snow and weather work as it should? Lighthouses? Any other requests? AT backblast?
I'm finding that it gets cloudy in nearly every mission now.

I haven't checked out the lighthouses yet.

The backblast is basically perfect IMO. I like the dust cloud in addition to the smoke. I did experience the "falling through buildings" bug on the Everon castle, but that was not with the latest build - it was with the prior one. I don't know if that was fixed or not, but it might be worth mentioning.

Quote[/b] ] Explosion simulation is a mod that I think most people will hate - it is a little too 'real'. In the next 'limited release' (due the day after tomorrow) explosion simulation will be turned OFF by default.

Please dont turn it off, its a great feature that makes ofp even more real and I think thats the way most people want it.

It gets cloudy a lot now but i dont mind its a bit like the weather in Holland so I feel right at home playing ofp now smile_o.gif

The problem will be with the INQ config as it uses another model for the C4. Do you get the crash if it is just you and you friend playing?

No, if there is only me and my friend playing, everything works fine. The problem only appears if there a players without ECP or with an older version (1.042 for example). And only this players crash. Not me or the other one with the new ECP.

To all our new found BETA testers:

[*]Should the new grenade system be enabled or disabled by default?

[*]Are explosions too over the top? If so, how so?

Note the that the dialog is a demo only, although most of it will work, things like override settings have been quickly implemented.

Override settings mean that you can choose your level of  effects with two mouse clicks.

Grenade system is nice should be enabled by default no problem with me.

The explosions are a bit less CPU friendly as far as i saw , they lagged like hell if you have 3-4 platoons of tanks especially the new shards and shrapnels which you guys made they are really beautiful  wink_o.gif

But the debris or something initiall right after the fired shot causes the lag as i i have noticed it with BMP's and tanks.

Also you guys said that you implemented GMR's explosions i couldnt see the famous explosion trial going up in the air though , like Caucasian crisis's mod's explo.

Heres the INQ_DYNAMIC range config for you all courtesy of quietman hosted by black dogs server many thanks to both  biggrin_o.gif

INQ + Dynamic range config

*plz test if the link works or not.

I love the effect that you have added when you are too close to an explosion i.e the white screen effect and the ringing in the ears...... i nearly fell of out of my chair the first time that happend. And the tank crews jumping out of the vehicles on fire is a touch of genius...... biggrin_o.gif

Indeed i just saw it for the first time i threw a grenade too close to me and saw a white screen come up scared me shit i thought somone threw a flash bang at me wow_o.gif

But still i think the smoke that comes after the initial explosions is causing lag plus the debris custom made by you folks is involved in a bit of LAG too , i wonder why GMR's messy config debris didnt LAG .... it had objects lying about for 5-10 mins much more longer then ECP's.

What i really miss in ECP is the possibility to join soldiers standing around, like afer a tank has been shot or a chopper has been shot down and the crew is standing right there and you cant join them to your squad.

I think the AI Addon from mapfact.net implemented this, but i would lîke to see this feature in the ECP mod.

Does snow and weather work as it should?

I cant get it to rain, I set the weather slider all the way to the left, and left it on, it never rained and after I 4xed the game for a little bit the weather cleared up and the sun came out. (Both sliders where to the far left)

The weather clouded over and got dark very quickly for me. Usually I can't notice the changes as it goes so slowly, but with the latest ECP, i noticed the gradient between light and dark, and it was pretty distracting.

No, if there is only me and my friend playing, everything works fine. The problem only appears if there a players without ECP or with an older version (1.042 for example). And only this players crash. Not me or the other one with the new ECP.

We did some more testing. Whenever 1051 was used b at least one player most (but not all) players not using it (both players without ecp and players using older versions) crashed out off the game, sometimes right after the last player clicked start in the briefing. As i was using 1051 i did not crash.

Then i switched from 1051 back to 1043 and i started to crash too.

1051 even sometimes crashes the server.

Have there been any issues with players that do not use ECP at all?

I'd like to know if they are somehow effected as one player claimed he crashed to desktop twice.