Sign in to follow this  
RED

Ecp released!

Thats a cool pic but no,

what we are after is the ability for player to be able to "drop" the nade while on the run with out the lengthy stop-pull pin- throw anim, kinda like the old rainbow six days. Would add quite a new element for cqc MP when u are chasing a guy down the stairs to find hes left a nade waiting for u. wink_o.gif

Zay

Thats a cool pic but no,

what we are after is the ability for player to be able to "drop" the nade while on the run with out the lengthy stop-pull pin- throw anim, kinda like the old rainbow six days. Would add quite a new element for cqc MP when u are chasing a guy down the stairs to find hes left a nade waiting for u. wink_o.gif

Zay

so you mean like to roll a nade in a short distance by swiching in menu isnt it??

hummmmmm this may be a little tricky as you should know that those walls in OFP cant block any explosions.........

(BTW is there anyone said something about a flashbang?)

How about creating a SUPER FAST anim similar to "put satchel charge"? And give it an auto timer of 3 seconds or something....

How about creating a SUPER FAST anim similar to "put satchel charge"? And give it an auto timer of 3 seconds or something....

so it just like making a trap..........well i dunno........it seems a little too hard to get away from the explosions.......... rock.gif

...Will next version be compatible with USMC and RNI pack ? (blood, Wite screen and sound when bomb hit near you...) or I miss something...

Hi, I love ECP in dynamic range version, but when I use ECP_JAM, I don't hear the dynamic sounds... rock.gif

Can you make a DR version of JAM_magazines please ?

tounge_o.gif

Hi, I love ECP in dynamic range version, but when I use ECP_JAM, I don't hear the dynamic sounds...  rock.gif

tounge_o.gif

If im correct it has very little to do with ECP. But with JAM, Jam uses his own weapon sounds, so thats why you dont hear Dynamic Range Sound effects.

@ the guys of ECP

I really love this Addon as it adds a lot of realism to the game.

Im also very happy to see very often update.

Could you please implement the feature of joining a soldier who is standing around without a squad?

This was already implemented in the KI Addon 1.05 which can be found on the www.mapfact.net site. I analyzed the files from this addon but was unable to implement this into the ECP.

I would appreciate very much if you could do this.

Keep up the fantastic work.

Hi, I love ECP in dynamic range version, but when I use ECP_JAM, I don't hear the dynamic sounds...  rock.gif

tounge_o.gif

If im correct it has very little to do with ECP. But with JAM, Jam uses his own weapon sounds, so thats why you dont hear Dynamic Range Sound effects.

I know that but if ECP release a compatible JAM they should do a Dynamic Version to...

@Gazmen: That would be pretty easy to do, if we have time and BAS are happy with us doing this, I am sure we can do something for you.

@Kroky: I am not sure about this idea, it may cause some missions to break. I like the idea of soldiers joining your group when they have nothing better to do though, I will give it a think.

Cheers for the suggestions guys smile_o.gif

RED

Quote[/b] ]...Will next version be compatible with USMC and RNI pack ? (blood, Wite screen and sound when bomb hit near you...) or I miss something...

USMC is totally not ECP compatible. We are having discussions with the authors to try and get ECP compatibility in there.

If not, I would like to host an ECP-compatible version on the ECP page (similar to the JAM ECP-compatible version we host).

The lack of EH inheriting is a real problem.

Merry christmas biggrin_o.gif

It'd make more sense for addon makers to go to the ECP team with their effects rather than coding them into their units. That way, we get the best effects, and they work with everything. But then again, I'm drunk and I think I'm going to split after my Christmas dinner biggrin_o.gif

@RED

I played a bunch of missions with this AI Addon 1.05 from mapfact and none of them broke. Usually the soldiers that have a task are anyway in movement, so it's quite impossible to get to join them your group since you have to be quite close to them and then to select from the action menu. You could release a beta version with the comment that people can test this feature but should be aware that this could brake a mission.

I often saw soldiers standing around (e.g. after a crash of a plane of chopper) or there are sometimes medics in base standing around or some guards in forts that have nothing to do. This gives a whole new possibility to re-strenghten your group when some of your men fell.

If you agree I could do some betatesting with this feature for you. As I have holidays until 12th January and I'm playing OFP missions every day.

By the way yesterday I had a true movie scene in OFP. I shot down an APC coming my way a lot of soldiers burning jumped out they all screamed and died and I was standing there and just watching them. But then one of them (a SpetzNatz) stand up (still burning) and shot me down the he died too. What a hard ass!

Cheers

PS. Could some of the other effects be implemented in ECP? E.g. soldiers recognize dead soldiers from their side and call reinforcements, or when they hear gunshots they come to your directions to check what happend?

I Red and Snypir,

I have a little idea, but I don't know if it's good one, I think that we must make some rules on first page of www.OFPEC.com...

RULES :

1. Addons Maker Must make A TAG...

2. If you USE a TAG, you must try to make it : AtEase Addons Compatible (Mission & exe)

3. AtEase Addons have to be JAM_Magazines compatible, If not the files will not be put online to download (If ammo not on JAM, send a Email to BAS, to ask for these ammo). ..

4. The Addon maker must try to add ECP compatibility (Don't add "EventHandler")...

5. If you respect those law you will be a great addons maker...

6. Files sended on Ofpec/OFP Forum/Opflash/OFP.Gamezone.cz/OFP Watch should be compressed only with "amalfi 1.1 PBO compressor".

7. Make a Primary OFP Watch server (for admin only) where all addons (Last version, Bestcompresed) are avaible to download, then the admin go and pick the last files and put them on they server... I givin this idea because i'm fed up to download multi same time the same addons (with different CRC) so somehone must make something...

8. Use MOD folder, if you use TAG

Example : KEG make addons so put them all on "\@KEG\Addons\" folder... Etc...

9. Don't make addons who are allready made (try to make new one, there is a lot units missing in OFP), made it only if your design (3D & textures) is better (Like Suchey)...

10. Don't stole the others works, ask before, be cool wink_o.gif

11. If you create a good anim or features send it @ECP, to put it config.cpp... Then everybody will get the feature...

12. JAM_magazines are still beta, so expect improvement (sound & realism) so use them in your addons.

These rules should be add on all great OFP site...

www.ofpec.com

ofp.gamezone.cz

www.opflash.org

www.flashpoint.ru

www.flashpoint1985.com/forum

Add these rules would be great, I think...

Take care

PS. Could some of the other effects be implemented in ECP? E.g. soldiers recognize dead soldiers from their side and call reinforcements, or when they hear gunshots they come to your directions to check what happend?

THis features allready exist, you have to make a squad then set them on guard/security/fire at will, then if they ear something they will go on direction of the last shoot (of course if it's below thant 1km), they do that when I make mission so try it...

Gaz

where do i find the LATEST ECP version? and how the hell do i install it correct, last version i tried i had no sounds at all... (i even put it in a own mod map)

where do i find the LATEST ECP version? and how the hell do i install it correct, last version i tried i had no sounds at all... (i even put it in a own mod map)

You'd find it at OFPEC if it wasn't down.

Installation, use a mod-folder, instructions are in the readme.txt for what files go into what folder in the mod folder.

You can find it here: http://www.ofpec.com/editors/ecfg/

Yo just unzip it into your ofp folder. It has to be installed into a folder called @ecp, if you want to do it manually.

If you want to use ECP DR you have to install the DR pbos into the @ecp\addons.

All this is documented very detailed and clearly on the ecp page and in the readme.

ok, that is how i did it last time, but i had no sounds at all....

i must have done something wrong :/

Did you install the Dynamic Range version without the Dynamic Range PBO by any chance?

@RED

I played a bunch of missions with this AI Addon 1.05 from mapfact and none of them broke. Usually the soldiers that have a task are anyway in movement, so it's quite impossible to get to join them your group since you have to be quite close to them and then to select from the action menu. You could release a beta version with the comment that people can test this feature but should be aware that this could brake a mission.

I often saw soldiers standing around (e.g. after a crash of a plane of chopper) or there are sometimes medics in base standing around or some guards in forts that have nothing to do. This gives a whole new possibility to re-strenghten your group when some of your men fell.

If you agree I could do some betatesting with this feature for you. As I have holidays until 12th January and I'm playing OFP missions every day.

By the way yesterday I had a true movie scene in OFP. I shot down an APC coming my way a lot of soldiers burning jumped out they all screamed and died and I was standing there and just watching them. But then one of them (a SpetzNatz) stand up (still burning) and shot me down the he died too. What a hard ass!

Cheers

I will look into it, if you give me a few days I am sure I (or any other ECP member) could come up with something.

@Gazmen: I will let snYpir answer this as it is more of an OFPEC question.

@the_shadow: As Munger said, you will need all the dynamic range addons in the ECP addons folder if you are using the DR config.

RED

@RED

Thanks for considering my suggestion.

I've got one more: Is there any possibility to implement a function to tell your men to keep radio silence? I mean yesterday I played a mission and there were 2 or 3 choppers cycling around above us and the guys shouted out the positions of the choppers every 10 seconds!! This is driving you mad!! After 20 min or so you cant stand to hear them anymore.

Please excuse me that I'm coming up with another idea already, but I think you guys from ECP are really up to the task, as you proved already what you're capable to do. So you're my last hope! sad_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

@Gazmen

Yes I noticed some soldiers were calling BMP's or other reinforcements. I thought this was included by the mission maker, but now I know that ECP is causing this.

Very good!

@Gazmen

Yes I noticed some soldiers were calling BMP's or other reinforcements. I thought this was included by the mission maker, but now I know that ECP is causing this.

Very good!

This features was allready working for me without @ECP.

hmm I dont know if its a bug or not tough but....

when I ply a mission and press ESC --> ECP setings and turn on expl simulations and then OK  then if I open the option again its disabled  rock.gif  rock.gif  bug ?

EDIT: happend if I open it a little time after I have selected it On, OR ir I restart the mission rock.gifcrazy_o.gif same with some other "options" like expl size or something. after I select it "jumps" back to default rock.gifrock.gif