Sign in to follow this  
RED

Ecp released!

* Added new model and texture for bullet dust spots (Kickdust.p3d/paa)

Now THIS sounds interesting! I always thought it couldn't be changed. Looking forward to seeing it in action. smile_o.gif Also looking forward to the new explosions, and working lighthouses will really add some atmosphere to night ops. I always thought they should have lit up at night. Would still like to see the AT backblast effect implemented on vehicle rockets/missiles as well though, and buildings that burn and smoke when destroyed like in Goldmember's mod. smile_o.gif

Any news on release guys? I'm dying to try out the new pack. smile_o.gif

Ooh, OFPEC's down. Maybe this is the reason? sad_o.gifrock.gif

Hello,

I took the development version for the Dynamicsound and included the INQ weapon models, some problems with ecp_effects not found errors but now it seams to work.

not bad for a beginner blues.gif

na, okey just copy/paste tounge_o.gif

I've someone want's it, send me a message with your e-mail

quiet_man

Hello,

I took the development version for the Dynamicsound and included the INQ weapon models, some problems with ecp_effects not found errors but now it seams to work.

quiet_man

Send the config to me i'll put it up at Black dogs uploader so peeps here can d/ld it smile_o.gif

Its small d/ld right?

Hello,

quiet_man

Send the config to me i'll put it up at Black dogs uploader so peeps here can d/ld it  smile_o.gif

Its  small d/ld right?

as highly inteligent individual I answer you:

eeeeee rock.gif how and where rock.gif

it's about 1 MB Text (114 kB zip)

quiet_man

Where is the new @ECP ? sad_o.gif

He had to be release today, no ?  rock.gif

Ok mail it at fouzanqadeer@yahoo.com  biggrin_o.gif

Or directly mail it to blackdog if you want he can upload it directly to he server.

Oh no, looks like the development version is not up to date mad_o.gif

the pistol bug is in this version crazy_o.gif

(where you get stuck if you change to pistol)

maybe someone from the ECP team can post a better config.cpp?

Then I would include the inq weapons there

quiet_man

Ahh its ok though no worries i'd rather you wait till thisnw version then you shold slap the changes in wink_o.gif

I dont think there will be a new version till the OFP Editing Center is back up.  I hope I'm wrong though  wink_o.gif

Ok, 4 days overdue, the release is out biggrin_o.gif

This is what we are calling a 'limited release' - I ask that it be kept here within the forum just for a few days so we can iron out any immediate problems people have.

We are developing this continuously, hence the late release - that last thing we've done is implement some of GMR's work, except that we've included burning units that run from a exploded vehicle, and flame on burning debris.

The down side is that we haven't had a chance to 'normalise' the effects - I think that at the moment we've gone over-the-top a little, especially with explosions. Please let us know what you think. On my P4 2.0 GHz things run fine, but the missions tested have been limited.

'Level-of-detail' is another feature yet to be implemented - in this version explosions will happen regardless of if the player can see them or not.

So, in short - bear with us tounge_o.gif

Nothing in this mod is 'final' - we are still BETA and developing new things every day.

If you find any problems, please describe them in detail in your reply or email me at morpj97@hn.ozemail.com.au.

And as I said, please do not notify news sites about this release just so we can be sure the new system works.

Download 1.051 from the ECP page. Note the new html readme file!

Quote[/b] ]The down side is that we haven't had a chance to 'normalise' the effects - I think that at the moment we've gone over-the-top a little, especially with explosions.

Yes you have crazy_o.gif

love the new ingame settings screen, well done.

I found the grenades are useless now, it took 3 right on top of a BASranger to kill him, and then he didnt die with the 3rd gren, it was about 2 seconds after the explosion he died.

On my p4 2.4 it was slideshow city with blood enabled.

Bit too much debris from the vehicle explosions.

The initial shell hit flame looks abit funny, its abit too neat and round as it rises .

New sound effects are cool, i liked the electric zapping sound.

keep up the good work biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]The down side is that we haven't had a chance to 'normalise' the effects - I think that at the moment we've gone over-the-top a little, especially with explosions.

Yes you have crazy_o.gif

OK OK give us a chance will you rock.gif This is a limited release still. Its easier to cut back than it is to add. tounge_o.gif

I think wow_o.gif

Zay

Rgr, I recommend turning explosions off (in ECP_Settings.sqs) if they are a problem for you (that is what the settings script is there for): biggrin_o.gif

ECP_explosion_enable = false

We'll be working on making them a little more processor-friendly over the next few days (in time for the next full release).

If grenades are not working turn off explosion simulation in ECP_Settings.sqs:

ECP_explo_sim_enable = false

and the normal grenades will be implemented.

Explosion simulation is a *very* experimental concept at this early stage. It works on line of sight from the explosion position to units in range. Was the BAS unit in clear line of sight to the grenade explosion?

In real life grenades are not the high-performance killing devices they are in the game. A mere shell scrape will protect from grenade shrapnel, as well small trees. We are trying to simulate this through explosion simulation.

We do need feedback on this system, if it is not working then i'll turn it off by default.

Wow, that was insane.

I used one of the ECP soldiers with grenades, and chucked one... it dissapeared in mid flight...

...And then my little soldier guy kinda fell over dead.

Hi,

Well with the GMR ExploMod from Goldmember my Squad (Lee H.O., ObiWahn ...) we got heavy Lag on our Server.

Is this lag problem in ECP too? Or is it away if I disable the chopper-smoke thing?

Sorry, i' a newb in this things.

I use the dev. Core.

The GMR mod doesn't work very well in MP, the ECP has been designed to cut back on MP lag.

RED

What are the "low-normal-high" override settings in the gui screen for? What do they do? Do changes in the gui take effect immediately in the game?

And something unrelated to that: A friend of mine made some scripted proximity mines (no addon, just scripts for use in a mission) that do not work when you are using ecp. Could this have something to do with eventhandlers or with some of the explosion modifications?

The "low-normal-high" settings will take effect immediately, some of the effects will not shut off and start up again though. This will be fixed at a later date.

Do you have the scripts for them benu? If you do, could you email them to me at graham_uk@btopenworld.com

RED

How about the INQ config now and DR too ?

I am missing them ... can i used previous versions config here or will they exclude some effects or not work at all ? sad_o.gif

The Configs on the ECP site are updated. Checked the dates, and they were dates as 12/13/03. (DR was atleast. Don't use Inq myself.)

Now to go and give this a whirl.