Sign in to follow this  
RED

Ecp released!

ah ok just like on a normal workstation then smile_o.gif

@KEVBAZ

From the readme located here:

Quote[/b] ]Muliplayer ECP

The ECP is fully compatible with MP play. It is recommended that all computers play with the ECP mod to prevent 'modified config.bin' error messages. It is important that all computers have the same version of the ECP as well.

You may play on non-ECP servers with the ECP installed, however many effects will not be visible because a number of important eventhandlers are registered on remote computers, not your own.

The ECP will operate in either dedicated or designated server mode.

Dedicated Server

If you are using a dedicated OFP server (running the OFP executable with the -server option) then the ECP will use dedicated server mode. This means that the 'simulation settings' on the dedicated server will be used by all connected to the server. All 'effect settings' are local to the client computers - you could turn off blood on a client, for example, and this would not effect any other computer on the network.

Designated Server

If you are not using a dedicated server, and the game has been started through the OFP 'multiplayer' interface, then the ECP will automatically pick one of the computers on the network to act as a designated server. The 'simulation settings' on this designated server will be used on all computers. Unfortunately there is currently no way for the ECP to determine which is the actual server in this sort of game (we are working on it!).

Important Notes!

It is ok to run the ECP on your system and connect to non-ECP servers on the internet. All of the ECP computers in the game will synchronise simulation settings amongst themselves as appropriate. Note that some effects will not be seen due to certain eventhandlers being local to other, non-ECP computers.

If you are a mission designer, please put a single trigger or game logic unit name 'ECP_server' in your mission. This will allow the ECP to correctly determine which computer is the server.

Wadmann

If you make new actions that will be usable all the time, I suggest, if possible, that they are activated through radio, and not the action menu. Otherwise I think there will be a bit too many actions at certain times.

There will be a collapsable/expandable menu in your actions list. Basically, you would have an action like "display ECP moves"; using it would put all the ECP moves into your action menu. Clicking it again would remove all those actions, so when you aren't using them, they would only add 1 action to your menu.

Also, you will personally be able to select what actions you want to use, via the settings.sqs. And of course, you will have the option to not use any of the moves at all, if you wish. There shouldn't be any problem with crowding in the action menu. Besides, it would be impossible to add them to the radio menu, so all there is really is the action menu. biggrin_o.gif

If you make new actions that will be usable all the time, I suggest, if possible, that they are activated through radio, and not the action menu. Otherwise I think there will be a bit too many actions at certain times.

There will be a collapsable/expandable menu in your actions list. Basically, you would have an action like "display ECP moves"; using it would put all the ECP moves into your action menu. Clicking it again would remove all those actions, so when you aren't using them, they would only add 1 action to your menu.

Also, you will personally be able to select what actions you want to use, via the settings.sqs. And of course, you will have the option to not use any of the moves at all, if you wish. There shouldn't be any problem with crowding in the action menu. Besides, it would be impossible to add them to the radio menu, so all there is really is the action menu.  biggrin_o.gif

plz make all the ecp compatible with every unit not just the default ones

and if not possible plz allow for the most popular ones like bas units, red hammer vit etc.

at the moment i dont know how to make the bas units to join another group unless its a default bis one

Eh I've recently installed OFP on my new pc, and ECP too. But now I don't get the visual effects any longer. No shell casings ejecting, no explosions, no dust... I do get blood and I can give myself first aid etc. But the visual effects won't come back to me, even though I've reinstalled ECP several times, tried changing settings etc.

What could I be doing wrong? rock.gif

Oh and could you please upload a zip/rar version, I don't really fancy the installers.

Never mind, fixed..

maybe this was suggested before but guys plz remove that feauture that makes AI join you. It really ruins many good missions.

maybe this was suggested before but guys plz remove that feauture that makes AI join you. It really ruins many good missions.

Download the latest dev config; there are new restrictions on the AI join scripts.

i actualy love the feature biggrin_o.gif found out it works with players too biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]void_false Posted on May 14 2004,16:54

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I saw this discussed recently at OFPEC. Here is what Killswitch had to say on the matter:

Quote[/b] ]Dont worry - there's a setting in @ECP\ECP_Settings.sqs for this... You need to open @EPC\ECP_Settings.sqs with Notepad or any text editor and scroll down to the end of it.

Look up a few lines and you should see

; AI Join/release Settings

; ================

; ECP_AI_release_enable

; enable the player to release members from his/her squad? (true/false)

; defined by server in MP

? [ECP_AI_release_enable] call ECP_is_null : ECP_AI_release_enable = true

; ECP_AI_join_enable

; enable the player to join "Man" type units to his/her squad? (true/false)

? [ECP_AI_join_enable] call ECP_is_null : ECP_AI_join_enable = true

Edit that part and make it

; AI Join/release Settings

; ================

; ECP_AI_release_enable

; enable the player to release members from his/her squad? (true/false)

? [ECP_AI_release_enable] call ECP_is_null : ECP_AI_release_enable = false

; ECP_AI_join_enable

; enable the player to join "Man" type units to his/her squad? (true/false)

? [ECP_AI_join_enable] call ECP_is_null : ECP_AI_join_enable = false

Here is a link to the topic.

Wadmann

thx guys but if i have this feature i cant force myself not to use it biggrin_o.gif

What's this? AI seems to be steering the parachute.

Paratrooper2.jpg

Paratrooper.jpg

Can human players do this too?

Quote[/b] ]What's this? AI seems to be steering the parachute.

Thats just an animation the ai does with parachutes, they aren't really steering it. lol

Thats just an animation the ai does with parachutes, they aren't really steering it. lol

BLAST!! sad_o.gif

hehe

I don't know if I am duing enything rong but it seems like ECP scrues up the balistic of one of my favorits addons.

I had just installed ECP yestoday and played around whit it and Dynamic range sound and thort this was realy cool but then I insert Andrev Bevas(I think I spelled it rong) M24(you know the one where you can use the mildots to place accurate shots, But I got realy sad when i found out that at eny range It shot like when you shoot at 100m in normal OFP1.96 I realy hope that you or I can fix this cause then I don't have too uinstall ECP which is a cool cpp.

STGN

How do you changed the look of destroyed armored models? I mean they are not totally black, only turret.

Is the rumor true that an update to ECP could be released soon???    wow_o.gif  blues.gif  biggrin_o.gif

I hope so !!!

(I also hope it will include reflective water blues.gif)

There were announcements about a new version with lots of changes but i can't really remember having read anything about "soon" wink_o.gif

Would be cool though, i am waiting for the new ecp version too.