Sign in to follow this  
dinger

Coc unified artillery 1.0 released

wow_o.gif

Congrulations! I never dreamed anything like this!

Designating a target even in helicopter works! Flying the over target when shells hit the ground is awesome!  smile_o.gif

I noticed that the rocket launchers interriors are all white.

Bug ?

Thanks walker & denoir, problem solved smile_o.gif

Can you do us a favor next time, please explain exactly what it is you are doing so that we understand what you are asking. People will ask questions from 20 different perspectives and we can get confused. wink_o.gif

Just dropping by for a quick visit.

Are you guys ever planning to have a Fire On My Position maybe for a last stand? And for it, instead of selecting each asset, you could make them all aim for the players area. It would create some interesting mission scenerio's.

Wow Verry nice is this one but like what more people told you:

Scripting is perfect but the models ( interiors ) could be better.

CBFASI -- it's in the readme. Different munition types (SMOKE, ILLUM, ICM) and fuzes (VT, TIME) are in the works for the future. It's a matter of getting the right effects.

Iv not read the whole thread so excuse me if its already been said, but the MLRS has only temporary textures at the moment, untill we or anyone working with us gets the time to texture it. tounge_o.gif

Are you guys ever planning to have a Fire On My Position maybe for a last stand? And for it, instead of selecting each asset, you could make them all aim for the players area. It would create some interesting mission scenerio's.

You can do this. Just read my post on this thread a page or two back and it explains how to have the artillery target either you the player or an object that can be tiggered using any kind of trigger that suits the mission.

Also if you're the radio man, I'm fairly certain that you can call fire onto your own position. Just get inside a bunker or some structure when the enemy breaks through your defenses and then call in the artillery on your position. Then hope and pray that none of the rounds lands right next to you or on top of your building. It's probably not a good idea to call in a MLRS strike on your position however as it kills just about everything that isn't heavily armored.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

You can do this.  Just read my post on this thread a page or two back and it explains how to have the artillery target either you the player or an object that can be tiggered using any kind of trigger that suits the mission.  

Also if you're the radio man, I'm fairly certain that you can call fire onto your own position.  Just get inside a bunker or some structure when the enemy breaks through your defenses and then call in the artillery on your position.  Then hope and pray that none of the rounds lands right next to you or on top of your building.   It's probably not a good idea to call in a MLRS strike on your position however as it kills just about everything that isn't heavily armored.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

You got me wishing for a DANGER CLOSE command HAHA. I can just picture it, the player screaming into the handset "Danger Close, Danger Close!!! ROUNDS OUT!!!" Ok now back to reality, I love this addon!!! Great job CoC.

George

Iv not read the whole thread so excuse me if its already been said, but the MLRS has only temporary textures at the moment, untill we or anyone working with us gets the time to texture it. tounge_o.gif

Just out of curiousity, do you intend to make both US and UK textures for the final version?

If not, would you be against a third party making a US modifcation of it?

This post is completly edited:

Ok I hope this is tha last edit. The "missing CoC_ObHum sound" problem appears when you have CoC_Arty.pbo in operation flashpoint/Addons folder and "gaz24mx.pbo" (from the 1.5 beta release of the GAZ 24 car) in a mod or res/addons folder.

If you put both pbo's in the same addons folder you don't get the problem. Or if you place CoC_Arty.pbo in operation flashpoint/res/addons folder you don't have any problem too. But remember that the readme states that CoC_Arty goes into operation flashpoint/addons folder. So I don't recommend putting it in operation flashpoint/res/addons folder.

That must not be the only addon that causes this, because I don't have that GAZ one, and I definitely have the missing sound error on every mission, -nomap notwithstanding.

No it is not the only addon, we have located the problem in the CPP of UA and will fix it in the next release (as was posted here). However you have nothing to worry about, this will not hinder the performance of the addon in any way other than not playing the sound. smile_o.gif

Ready!...

You will get that annoying error. Click on it, ignore it, and get on with your life.

If you want to fix it in the interim, comment out the sounds[] entry as I describe above.

I just wanted to thank everyone involved for this truly monumental add-on. The COC arty simulator is very flexible and easy to use. I particularly like the low/high angle option for getting rounds over high terrain which had been a problem in the past with a few good artillery scripts. Functionally it is a dream and I don't have to play with any sticky scripting that is over my head. The models look great despite the lack of interior skins but I'm not too worried since they aren't too funtional (or fun) as player controlled vehicles. As far as realism I don't think you can get much closer within the parameters of OFP. The commands are fairly accurate. It adds a whole new dimension to the game being that the batteries and the FO can be virtually anywhere on the map and it doesn't mess anything up. I'll be testing aggressively and will let you guys know if anything comes up, but so far so good. Those enemy barrages in some of the tutorial missions are downright scary, never have I felt so much like the AI is out to get me. smile_o.gif

there is already a 3rd party that will do it as a US version and its possible I may work on texturing it with him/them, we'll see, nothing conclusive yet.

I at the moment have computer troubles OFP freezes on me whenever I play it, although I think its my computer overheating need better cooling, and soon. So untill its sorted im having a break from OFP.  wink_o.gif

It has been noted early in the thread the code to deactivate the startup Icon and Url address images apperaing at the start of any mission with CoC UA. Can anyone tell me where I put this code snippet.

Is it in the mission description/Sqs file or in the cpp of the CoC addon itself.

Thanks again, apologies newbie question.

Nexus6

Hi raedor

I think the first step was taken when I did an internal CoC technology demonstration of a very rough and ready method of achieving indirect fire over a year ago.

I got an AI riflle mortar man to fire at an IIFT (Invisable Indirect Fire Target) It was very crude but it showed it would be posable

As I said it was very crude; it was inacurate, the IIFT would sometimes be hit and it had to be close to the AI riflle mortar man so it often blew him up and me too sometimes. That was my small part in it.

From that Jostapo, who has served as a FAC in the Canadian Light Infantry took the idea and convinced Dinger it would be worth while to make it work properly and give us real artillery.

Dinger worked on it real hard using lots of scripting and programming tricks he and the rest of the CoC team discovered over about 6 months of research.

Jostapo beavered away at all the effects to get things to look right as well as giving all the systems requirements and started to convince other MODs we could make it with their help.

There were hurdles you would not believe:

Units that decided to go on a tour of the island each time they fired.

Fire tables were just too big an overhead to use. So Denoir created a Neural Net to replace them, the most amazing thing is they teach them selves and they are more accurate than fire tables but that does not mean there was not a massive hard slog training those nets to different kinds of ammo and islands there was hundreds of hours of work.

Shells that hit moutains and made us think the NN was duff till somone reminded everyone the difference between High and Low angle fire and what indirect fire is about in the first place.

Then it all had to be linked up to MP which is where bn880 came in.

And all that just gave us a half working system the team then spent another 6 months perfecting it Alpha and Beta testing it, getting other MODs to come in, building missions, having screaming shouting arguments about it.

The other MODs BAS, DKM, SEB and UK Forces had to build the models and plug them into the system all at high speed and research requrements agree hooks and plug in methods and all of us MODs had to work together something none of us had ever done on this scale before.

It is amaizingly complex and I dont think one of the team knows how all of it works except perhaps dinger but it was a team effort and it took a lot of people to build it.

It was 4 months in beta testing then we had to write manuals and intro teaching missions, do logos (and if you think that is easy you try and get 10 people to agree on one) and publisize it, make sure there were enough mirrors and a thousand other things.

It was a lot of work and many hours without sleep for all the team especialy as we came up to release. crazy_o.gif

I guess it never would have happened if Jostapo had not pushed Dinger so hard for it and conviced so many other MODs we could make it work. So most of my thanks go to him but as I said it was a true team effort and could not have been done without all the people involved.

Kind Regards Walker

thank you for that detailed information.

this artillery is just great. i cant thank you all often enough...

I finally got to test this addon, and I must say, great work, CoC! smile_o.gif This is exactly what OFP has needed since day one.

And the included missions are very high quality.

I hope to see Russian artillery and radio commands in future versions, plus a bit more detailed howitzer? Amazing work, anyway, truly a service to OFP as a game.

BTW whose was the voice in the training mission?

smile_o.gif

I hope to see Russian artillery and radio commands in future versions, plus a bit more detailed howitzer?

the howitzer is not so detailed, cos it is not done yet. i think CoC needed a howitzer and dkm had one in beta stadium. so they took it, but i'm sure the final release of this howitzer will be much more detailed...

All I wonder is, whether BIS and/or Coalescent have already contacted CoC to be allowed to use this in OFP2 & VBS1...

Great work!

Words cannot describe the greatness of this addon!  biggrin_o.gif

I have an idea for thos addon though:

In one of the demo missions included, there is an enemy "battlefield radar" that can localize your own artillery units and call in artillery at them.

In real life, it is also possible to localize radio signals, such as the ones used by artillery spotters, wich basically means that if you stand still too long after chatting with the dudes back at base, you wont see next sunrise :P

Would this be possible, perhaps the ability to turn this option on and off via the init field, kind of like "artyshellspotter=true"

smile_o.gif

ps: If this has been mentioned before, i apologize, didn't want to read through 11 pages of text  crazy_o.gif

I hope to see Russian artillery and radio commands in future versions, plus a bit more detailed howitzer?

the howitzer is not so detailed, cos it is not done yet. i think CoC needed a howitzer and dkm had one in beta stadium. so they took it, but i'm sure the final release of this howitzer will be much more detailed...

Actually, the M101 Howitzer is by BAS smile_o.gif

This is the DKM Howitzer  wink_o.gif (Now in early beta testing)

m46.jpg

Fantastic Addon. A Mission makers dream.

Congrats and thanks to all involved. smile_o.gif