Sign in to follow this  
ExtracTioN

A working dog yayayayay

Need a small short video just to see how it behaves, having a dog in the game would be so damn cool biggrin_o.gif

Can't wait to try this out.

As for horses, basically they would be a motorcyle with a custom animation for the legs, eh?

DOG BOY!!!!!!!!!!!!

this is goddamn amazing, one of the most creative addons i have ever seen. however, i hope the addon maker, and the community really supports this addon the way it should

i think we'd all like to see better textures, a few better animations, and definetly bitting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, and a dog for every single side, that will seek out AND BITE its enemys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEST ADDON EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

now that the anim is down, everything i requested shouln't be to hard to accomplish wink_o.gif really good work, I am actually impressed........more impressed by any other addon out there!

this is truely innovative and it kicks so much ass, and i really cant wait for this lil critter to be on all sides (east, west, resistance) and BITTING PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!

i think we'd all like to see better textures, a few better animations, and definetly bitting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, and a dog for every single side, that will seek out AND BITE its enemys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEST ADDON EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Biting could be done with scripts like in Skye Virus, built into hte addon. smile_o.gif

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    OMG!!!!!!!  This is OUTSTANDING!!!!   It is FAR FAR FAR better then I expected.  The animations are just superb!!!!  I really see no faults in what animations are there.  The models and textures are also very good.

My advice is that a "bark" should be put in as a command.  Also to really make them useful as guard dogs perhaps an animation for biting could be made along with unlimited ammo for the bite.  The only problem would be getting the AI to "bite".   smile_o.gif    But it might be useful for cutscene movies and stuff like that.    

But as it is, it is still very cool seeing that dog running around as your troops enter a town and then having a trigger with the "dog barking" sounds that come with the game.  

Future ideas, besides a horse, would be cows, and also deer in the forests.   The addition of deer could result in "hunting missions" where you have to find deer in a large forest and get pionts for successful killing them.  

But for regular missions they would add alot of atmosphere.  Perhaps grazing animations for deer and cows could be triggered via triggers as well or in waypoints where they are set in a cycle so that a cow or deer walks around a certain area and performs grazing animations every now and then.

But back to this dog, likewise, random barking animations (with a corresponding "bark" sound) could be done via triggers.

Anyways, I just want to give a BIG THANK YOU for creating this wonderful pioneering addon in OFP.   This really breaks new ground in OFP I think.    

Now if only someone would make a bayonet thrust animation with a working  M16 and AK-47 rifle/bayonet system.    

smile_o.gif

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

FINALLY!!!!!!!! GREAT!!!

For a test this looks really amazing!

Pls add some prone and sitting positions, this would be gr8!

biggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

Pic

sry 4 crappy pic (made w/o AA 8x)

Just checked out the doggy...SUPER!!!but looks i'm having a problem. My dog ain't moving? ( crazy_o.gif ). Is this normal? I know this is a test addon, but i assume it moves? I also noticed the dog always was +-0.5m under groundlevel (even with "setPos"). sad_o.gif

Beside that rock.gif it looks great.!!

Now if only someone would make a bayonet thrust animation with a working  M16 and AK-47 rifle/bayonet system.    

ot but u have obviously used INQ's ak's before right? not good enough?

back to the doggggggg

ah well theres already some bugs, well not really, but:

if you pick up a gun, you cant move, and you can pretty much pick up anything, which shouldnt be possible at all i think.....sweet addon biggrin_o.gif

my sister almost cried when i shot the dogg tho, i felt bad too, sad_o.gif just wanted to make sure it could be shot

didn't kow dogs can drive cars/tanks and fly choppers biggrin_o.gif

/edit:

they don't have parachutes sad_o.giftounge_o.gif

can they!!!!!!!!! never tried that yet, but its gotta go tounge_o.gif

thats kind of a problem though cause i dont know whether or not it is easy to allow a dog to get in back(WHICH SHOULD BE ALLOWED - CAR RIDES!!!!! DOGS LOVE CAR RIDES) , but not driver, pilot, gunner, commander, etc

dogs can also talk too (bad) should be removed tounge_o.gif

Hot damn thats nice biggrin_o.giftounge_o.gif

Now we have Police teams opening the dogs lose on the hippy and their vans....w00t ... tounge_o.gif

Hot damn thats nice  biggrin_o.gif  tounge_o.gif

Now we have Police teams opening the dogs lose on the hippy and their vans....w00t ... tounge_o.gif

Alot of police forces use German Shepards so thats what we need. wink_o.gif

*Edit*

Also dogs are used for search,rescue and or guarding exits not really for brining a suspect down, unless absolutely necesary or if the dog is confronted with a weapon. Thier more of a dection system but they do have attack/dearming functions. blues.gif

Nice work TeaCup!

/Christer (a.k.a KeyCat)

BLOODY HELL!

I'd give that animation work about 27 out of 10!

Now a couple of dogs that look more like strays to wander around ...