Sign in to follow this  
havocsquad

Question about ofp 2 marketing strategy

I was curious on how CM and/or BIS will improve their marketing strategy on advertising OFP 2 when it comes out.  I think the biggest setback to OFP and OFP-R is the word didn't get out about it fast or good enough to fully satisify the demand for the game in the first or so of it being released.

I'm sure it was sort of difficult for CM or BIS to afford a REALLY expensive advertising of OFP when it first came out in Europe, then the U.S.

It probably won't take a massively expensive campaign to advertise OFP 2 well, but it would hurt to make it more prevelant and well known upon its release by the public.

Let me know what, if anything from someone who can answer this for BIS or CM.

Anyways, thx and anticipating with every moment its release. biggrin_o.gif

Later,

Havoc.

The release date will influence the marketing strategy most of all. It is important to introduce this game in an appropriate way in respect to other games that will be released at the same time. However, there is aslo the argument that the game (being hard-core) will not need to be extensively advertised. Hard core gamers will originate from the original release and immediately look for the sequel.

Though perhaps if i were Marketing Executive, i would stress on advertisment the core-features of the game. Simulation.

Perhaps BIS are doing their big marketing coup by releasing original OFP on Xbox and introducing it to millions of console gamers who would never have heard of it smile_o.gif

i think that qualite investment into game testers and Q&A staff of game is more important that wasting cash for bombastic advertising ...

of course well placed advertising is always good, but...u really dont need waste in that area, if product is buggy and other problems suffer it ... negative karma take over

One of the ways is OFP for Xbox.

People who have the game on Xbox go "Ohh cool I love this game, oohhhhh! OFP2 for PC you say? Awsome, I'm getting it."

That would be a very smart idea.... BUT NOT MICROSOFT!

They would whip up a cheap knockoff in 5 mins after just looking at it

Codemasters deffo need to market this game alot more then they did with the first game. Im still talking to people who have never heard about the game and i tell em what it is like and they are like "woah im gonna get that game right away as it sounds brilliant!" If Bis/Cm wanna make more money then they deffo have to get the message out about this great game that BIS have produced because ofp2 could have alot more bigger fanbase if they put a little more effort into the advetisement of the game.

We need to get all the CS players to join us. blues.gif My friends play CS and they don't appreciate this great game at all. I can't even get them to test it. CS is fun, but OFP is something really special and awesome. unclesam.gif

sorry but...

What is CS?

The only game that is mostly if not entirely made up of team killing no0bs.

No team killing there. I've never encountered a TK in CS. Dunno what's the last time you played, but my friends lured me to play Counter-Strike a couple of months ago. I got hooked and played for about two months. It was rather civilized, they do have some sense of tactics and team play these days. Luckily that stupid Steam woke me up and I grabbed my OFP: GOTY box once again.

If you wan't to hear more about my dark history, I was once a member of a CS clan. That was before OFP of course! I stopped when CS 1.0 came out. I got bored. But I've never been bored to OFP.

Gee, I'm still not cured. Defending CS in the BIS Forums... (sob) ghostface.gif

I've never encountered a TK in CS.

Whooa. Where did you play. I wanna go there!

But I bet they had options that made sure you couldn't teamkill.

Actually, they probably all had cheats on where you can kill teammembers but the kill doesn't register, and if you were the victim of a teamkill, your body would die but you'd be a gun weilding ghost, and then theres the cheat where you could see those gun weilding ghosts and then theres the counter cheat that................... tounge_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifwink_o.gif

Well, I hope they don't advertise it too much, because I already know about the game, my freinds already know about the game, and we're all waiting for the oppurtunity to pre-order and purchase the game, so I'm not fussed whether or not the game is advertised.

Welcome to Finland!

I think OFP2 deserves to be advertised more, but it should be targeted to mature players who know how this game should be played and respect good simulations. Not to some kids who think this is Quake with vehicles.

Welcome to Finland!

Awww, cheap broadband and repectable gamers. Almost the perfect place for me. Too bad it's cold up there.

The best way to get publicity is to get an anonymous source to email the Daily Mail or equivalent tabloid paper and tell them its a simulator for training people for killing sprees.

Loads of publicity. And since they don't check their sources, they will look like utter idiots.. again; hey, it worked for GTA, GTA2, GTA3, GTAVC... Carmageddon, etc.

The best way to get publicity is to get an anonymous source to email the Daily Mail or equivalent tabloid paper and tell them its a simulator for training people for killing sprees.  

Loads of publicity.  And since they don't check their sources, they will look like utter idiots.. again; hey, it worked for GTA, GTA2, GTA3, GTAVC... Carmageddon, etc.

Something tells me that would attract wrong kind of attention.. tounge_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Awww, cheap broadband and repectable gamers. Almost the perfect place for me. Too bad it's cold up there.

Cheap broadband my arse, 57e/month for a lousy 1Mbps/512Kbps without transfer limits. mad_o.gif

'No such thing as bad publicity'

biggrin_o.gif

But seriously, most of the publicity could be from people finding out what the game is really about in replies to the slander by the tabloids.

Quote[/b] ]57e/month for a lousy 1Mbps/512Kbps

I thought that was cheap but according to currency converter mine is cheaper biggrin_o.gif

well, when I got myshelf a copy of OFP : CWC at the EB Store in the Rideau Center on the 11 sept. 2001 (they were closing at the time I arrived because of the attacks, but since I knew what I wanted they let me in), OFP was the first game you were seing when entering the shop, behing able to do that with OFP 2 would not be a bad idea smile_o.gif

They can always pay me to spam forums across the world tounge_o.gif.

Hopefully avon doesn't get to it first though!

Quote[/b] ]Awww, cheap broadband and repectable gamers. Almost the perfect place for me. Too bad it's cold up there.

Cheap broadband my arse, 57e/month for a lousy 1Mbps/512Kbps without transfer limits. mad_o.gif

Yeah, you´re confusing us with Sweden...

And it´s not that cold, the temperatures usually range from

-25 to +25 Celsius. It´s a much more varied and fun climate than perpetually rainy and chilly England...(another stereotype?) wink_o.gif

Its not that cold in England, they are all just lightweights ;)

So many times I see English students here (in Scotland) wearing scarves, gloves, hats, big furry/ padded jackets, boots, multiple layers, complaining about how cold it is... while the locals are wandering around in T shirts and laughing at them.

Of course, Irn Bru makes you immune to the cold, so that might have something to do with it...