Sign in to follow this  
Nagual

Bas tonal-tango pack

Tks again Killswitch, this mean I owe you 2 beers now?

Nah, I'll settle for one bottle of a good single malt.  tounge_o.gif

Glad to be of help.

@ Oct. 22 2003,22:15)]
Quote[/b] ]Col. Klink was working on a embassy type pack with limos and an embassy building with gaurdhouse and garages along with a gate.. and some security forces too like marines in their khakis embassy gaurd uniforms and some secret service or something, and I think also a sucurity SUV of some sort.... But I haven't seen him around since he left...

Woulda been nice to have these  

hes a freind of mine. ill ask him about it

Have you heard anything from Klink yet?

ME: a few of the OFP community members are curious if u have gone forth with your embasy pack or have decided to abandom that project

Col Klink: I'm still working on it but have some stuff for the falklands to finish first

Hi,

I found some more bugs:

1.(floating): At Ai29 the "southest" jungle part.

2.(floating): At Ai29 the "western" jungle part on hill 59.

3.(floating): At Aj27 the jungle northwest of hill 53.

4.(floating): The big tree north of the bridge at Aj29.

5.(floating): The big tree at Aj26 (ID=65432).

6.(floating): One tree of the jungle at Aj26 nw of hill 66.

7.(wrong texture): At Bi24 there is a displaced texture.

8.(moving jungle): The jungle at Ba27 is moving when you walk through it rock.gif .

9.(moving jungle): The same at Aj66 west of hill 66 rock.gif .

I get a really bad frame rate in the editor with Tonal -- would it get better if I increased my RAM from 256 to 512 MB?

I get a really bad frame rate in the editor with Tonal -- would it get better if I increased my RAM from 256 to 512 MB?

u can also lower the landscape textures to 512x512 in OFP preferences,that helps a lot and has no ill effects as no island (that i know of at least) uses higher res textures than 512

EDIT: U can never have too much RAM tounge_o.gif

It may, but as a cheaper alternative, I'd suggest simply turing the terrain detail down whilst your in the editor, and then back up again when ingame.

It may, but as a cheaper alternative, I'd suggest simply turing the terrain detail down whilst your in the editor, and then back up again when ingame.

I always edit in MP mode because I do coops instead of SP missions, and the terrain level is always at the lowest in MP by automatic. But perhaps the editor uses SP terrain level settings when in MP mode, so I'll try lowering that, thanks.

u can also lower the landscape textures to 512x512 in OFP preferences,that helps a lot and has no ill effects as no island (that i know of at least) uses higher res textures than 512

EDIT: U can never have too much RAM  tounge_o.gif

My pc is 2.5 years old, changing the landscape textures to 512x512 would be to enlarge them and not to shrink them tounge_o.gif  sad_o.gif

True that you can't have enough of ram, so I'll probably going to buy more anyway.

What a shame sad_o.gif , running it on a mod folder with 1.94 beta and it gave me some ctds and fatal error messages on a blue screen sad_o.gif . Also it doesnt run has good has i first posted.

asus P4533-E, P4 2.4,512ddr 333mhz ram, seagate barracuda 40 gig, msi GF4ti4200, sb live 5.1, XP pro, DX9, latest drivers, blablabla...

Not so much of a rig but always been very stable with ALL my games including OPF, this comp has always been crash proof until now. Guess im done with beautyfull Tonal...

damnit crazy_o.gif .

Hi all, I just instaled tonal and patch and I get this error message "Requires DX 8" when starting RES and it closes itself.

Does anybody notice something about tjis tin this topic ?(thats first time I readed it but was difficult to find previous answered questions about that)

Im runing on a athon xp 1.8 512 ddr dforcce fx 5600 256 with DIRECTX9

I always edit in MP mode because I do coops instead of SP missions, and the terrain level is always at the lowest in MP by automatic.

Actually, it's in the second to lowest mode in mp (setteraingrid 25), ie "low" and not "very low".

@ Oct. 27 2003,21:42)]Hi all, I just instaled tonal and patch and I get this error message       "Requires DX 8"   when starting RES and it closes itself.  

Does anybody notice something about tjis tin this topic ?(thats first time I readed it but was difficult to find previous answered questions about that)

Im runing on a athon xp 1.8 512 ddr  dforcce fx 5600 256 with DIRECTX9

Upgrade to DirectX 9

EDIT

Gah Nevermind I just read the last part of your post. Is it possible that you installed an older game that overrode your DX9 Installation. I'd suggest reinstalling OFP and Resistance and then upgrading to DX9 just to cover all your bases.

http://www.microsoft.com/directx

Has anyone else had problems (or success?) with the new units working with the OFPEC Bloodpack? I have the replaced config, and noticed that none of the OPFOR units (that I have seen thus far) are working with the blood effects. (Just installed it again yesterday) All the other units I tried out seemed to work just fine. Only the OPFOR soldiers didn't seem to. (Have the 1.4 OFPEC BP)

Will try using mision activated scripts as well. Didn't get around to that yet.

Hmm. In mine, it works fine with add-ons, just not the Opfor. rock.gif Works with all other BAS units that I tried (Delta/ranger, SOAR Pilots) Just not the Rebel/civilians I tried it with. Hmm, maybee this is a good excuse to clean out the abyss of chaos and confusion that is my add-on folder, and form nice, neat mod folders. smile_o.gif If that doesn't work, then I will try applying the 7.62x39mm "patch" to my comp.. the local range DOES allow shooting at damn near anything you care to throw down range... biggrin_o.gif

Its a good addon but rock.gif I'll wait to upgrade to a 3gig or more until I can play any mission without lag. sad_o.gif

When you first announced OPFOR, you showed some pictures of Soviet OPFOR units, will these ever be released?

When you first announced OPFOR, you showed some pictures of Soviet OPFOR units, will these ever be released?

Yes, watch this space for more info smile_o.gif

It sounds like it wow_o.gif NNice one.

BTW, I'm in a bit on a rush, where should I discusse the JAM 2 pack?

I'll look for a topic of it later when I got more time, but a link can save me some time. biggrin_o.gif cheekey cheekey wow_o.gif

Thanks in advance.

@CERO.

Does this mean there will be OPFOR pack 2, or something?  biggrin_o.gif

If you want to call it that...

Don't get too excited tho, "all" it will contain is the UAZ with PK/DShK and the BRDM with PK/DShK. Nothing more, nothing less.

reporting a bug:

the tonal OPFOR DSHK seems to have a screwed fire LOD.

its really hard to shoot the gunner- even from behind..

plz have a look over the fire/ geometry/ whatever LOD tounge_o.gif

we made this experience tonight with the normal USSSR dhsk during a coop map

the tonal OPFOR DSHK seems to have a screwed fire LOD.

its really hard to shoot the gunner- even from behind..

plz have a look over the fire/ geometry/ whatever LOD  tounge_o.gif

Yeah, i think there is still the geo from the Nam version sandbags, should be easy fix.

Sorry for delays on the patch folks, i've been a little distracted by other stuff lately. But it should come soon enough.