Sign in to follow this  
Major Fubar

Sa-11 Gadfly

I noticed this over in the news at opf.info.

Looks pretty cool  smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Iva from the BKM Mod finished his Sa-11 GADFLY SAM System used by Russian, Iraq and Yugoslavian Army. Unfortunaly because of recent server problems on their site he can't upload it. It should be fixed soon.

http://ofp.gamezone.cz/news/pics/Sa-11_1.jpg

http://ofp.gamezone.cz/news/pics/Sa-11_2.jpg

http://ofp.gamezone.cz/news/pics/Sa-11_3.jpg

http://ofp.gamezone.cz/news/pics/Sa-11_4.jpg

Yes, I saw that earlier, it looks pretty nice. Make a nice CTI addon, but it has no west equal.

He has uploaded it to his site smile_o.gif

Holy shit, arent these things supposed to have a range well beyond the size of an average OFP island? crazy_o.gif

Yes, I saw that earlier, it looks pretty nice. Make a nice CTI addon, but it has no west equal.

Maybe DKM's ADATS addon?

Now this is cool...i just wish someone like marfy or sigma would give it the final touches in the texture dept smile_o.gif

This is a great addon.

It makes quite some kills against fairly fast moving aircraft.

Now I just wish Sebastian Muller/Marfy would update their SA-13 to do the same:)

Keep up the good work!

I don't like it sad_o.gif

The missiles look too much like something from an 'action-flight-sim' and all it is is basically a Shilka model with missiles stuck on rock.gif

If i am not mistaken the real thing is based off off the shilka Chassis too smile_o.gifsa11.jpg

Looks quite realistic smile_o.gif

Lots of chassis of MBT's, APC's and IFV's get recycled. You'd be amazed how many M113 mods there are smile_o.gif

I don't like it  sad_o.gif

The missiles look too much like something from an 'action-flight-sim' and all it is is basically a Shilka model with missiles stuck on  rock.gif

There is a good reason why it looks like shilka. tounge_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]

From fas.org:

Variant ZSU-23-4 chassis

Wish they would change the colors of those missiles though. mad_o.gif

OK I know it's based on the ZSU-23-4 chassis, but what I meant was, the ADDON just looks like a bunch of missiles stuck on top of the standard BIS Shilka  rock.gif

No retexturing, no modelling of the turret, just literally missiles stuck on top of the chassis  rock.gif

Also for the SA-11 to be able to track and engage a target, it needs an associated radar, which is not modelled (the radar is separate on a different vehicle) sad_o.gif

i like it, it's very usefull and the fact it's a mod from the bis shilka doesn't bother me. now i would like to ask to the creator to make a better addon, with more smoke when firing missiles (i love CoC's MLRS!!) and to add a few more detail to the model, maybe improve the missiles... DAMN, just re do it all! lol!

i really do love it! i find it more agressive than marfy's sa-13

Here's a picture of a Finnish Defence Forces BUK-M1 (SA-11 ...) system firing its missile:

buk_ampuu.jpg

Somebody make the model better and give it some spectacular smoke and fire effects ;) Hell, maybe I'll suggest this to the FDFMOD team. I still have this feeling though that the system is a little bit off the OFP scale.

Here's another picture of the SAM system. I think the missiles would look better if they were textured green/white.

buk_lavetti_400.jpg

Maximum range: 35 km

Maximum altitude: 22 km

Missile velocity: 1250 m/s

Missile weight: 690 kg

Launcher weight: 35 tn

The chassis is a bit too armoured as it is, and the missiles are waaay to damaging (i was able to take out a t72 in one shot). Planes bounce like crrraaazzzy when they get hit. Also a separate radar vehicle would be nice.

It would be realistic if the missiles had blast fragmentation warheads.This would make them less damaging, and would also be more realistic as well as making them more likely of scoring a hit (although a hit wouldn't necessarily destroy your aircraft as you'd be hit by shrapnel and not the full warhead it would be damaged) wink_o.gifsmile_o.gif

I tried this against Hudsons F-18's and u should see the AI (both in plane and in SA-11) going for it as there was no tomorrow ! tounge_o.gif

Of course when the F-18 turned is radar jamming on it was invulnerable...the SA-11 missiles just went somewhere else.

I was reading the specs on this monster and this system targets a hovering heli at 30 meters height at 24kms wow_o.gif No plane\heli i know of could survive a hit from that...and in OFP it only takes 2 missiles to finish off a BIS M1A1

I agree the missiles could have a better texture and some smoke would be greatly appreciated, but i really like this addon. smile_o.gif

Has anyone else noticed that it doesnt seem to explode when destroyed- it just crumples instead, with no explosion, just black smoke rock.gif