Thud : Very close to final (ie no major changes planned). Now

uses correct Tag.

Link

Canberra : Argentinian version. Armament changes. Could the

Malvinas mod who contacted me let me know what side

they want this on (West, East, Res), and any other changes

required?

Link

F5 : Added F5-E: Mavericks, LERX and Flare/Spoof system.

F5 : Added 'roundel' coding - see below.

Link

NEW- MiG-27 : Alpha. Continuous swing-wing with speed. Four

LGB (KAB-500) and 2 AA-8 aphids. Early textures and basic

cockpit. And yes, I know the gear animation is weird...

(Could someone post some pictures, pretty please?)

Link

Roundels.pbo - Collection of roundels from around the world

in 512x256 alpha-ed format. I know I've forgotten a couple

(Sweden and Switzerland come to mind), and if anyone has

other ommissions/errors, post here. I'll try to at least include

all the nations from the Flag pack in future versions.

Link

Skin PSP - For anyone who wants to re-skin the planes, I've

uploaded the Paint Shop Pro files I use to generate the TGA

files. Each PSP file has a layer of the panel lines and a 'colour'

layer multiplied over the top. Note that the MiG-27 Insert.psp

is a little special, because of the mapping. Please post new

skins in this thread, and I will contact you.

Link

---------------

The roundel coding - The F5 (not E) can be assigned to a

different Air Force by using the init line in the mission editor:

misedit.jpg

Just change the link to the file for a new roundel to appear.

You should be able to use any 512x256 file, but I've

supplied a 'flag-pack' of roundels in rktroundels.pbo. The full

list is in:

Roundel List

As a demo:

demo.jpg

Clockwise from bottom left we have: Norway, Slovakia,

Belgium and Canada.

Note that no checks are done on the roundel requested, so

you can assign F5's to the Albanian air force, if the mood

takes you. However, it will still appear on the West side (or

empty).

(The F5-E's actually have a settable texture as well, but it's

the number on the front, rather than the roundel).

Wow!  Incredible!  The Mig-21 is just superb.  The only thing wrong with it that I could tell is the squashed cockpit control panel textures, the untextured air intake section and untextured parts of the landing gear.  Also the cockpit glass is shaped a tiny bit strange, like it doesn't slope quite steep enough and looks a little too round.  But its a very small thing.   Another small area that could be improved is perhaps texturing on the nose the laser range finder.  The tip of the nose should be flat and angled forward like the nose of the Su-25.  Look at the nose of BIS made Su-25 Frogfoot in OFP to see what I'm talking about. The Mig-27 unlike it's father, the Mig-23, has no radar.  But like the Su-25, it has a laser range-finder in the nose of the aircraft.    Perhaps in the final version there could be a version with CH-29T guided missiles (the ones the BIS Su-25 carries).  At least they are already in the game so they wouldn't have to be modelled and textured.

b.53.3.jpg

The new Resistance version of the Mig-17 looks fantastic!  I love that tiger stripe paint job.    Did you ever change the .cpp settings so that they attack ground targets?  

Also your roundels are going to be very useful although I have yet to experiment with that.  

I hope your next update of the Mig-21 will also have that feature since so many countries use the Mig-21.   However I should note that on your old Mig-21 addon, the air speed probe on the front (that's on the bottom) is usually on the top part of most Mig-21s.  

b.50.3.jpg

Finally, the updated F-5E Tiger II looks all finished up now and is definitely alot more usable in modern missions then the older Tiger especially with the ability to change the national roundels on it.   smile_o.gif  

As always this is just amazing work!    

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Could I make a teensy-tiny request to see Rhodesian Air Force roundels? It looks like this:

rhodavia.gif

It would go great on the Canberra and if you should decide to create Hawker Hunters and Vampires. smile_o.gif

Just tried the F5- its really good smile_o.gif However, does it sound a little quiet to anyone? rock.gif Oh, and on the Bullpup version, there are 4 bullpups on the wings, but only the left two fire off for some reason  crazy_o.gif Oh, and (sorry to keep finding stuff  wink_o.gif ) -the mavericks move faster than the sidewinders do ....would this be realistic? Its a great plane though biggrin_o.gif Keep up the good work with it and the others mate smile_o.gif hows that vulcan coming along as well?

Wow! This is great! smile_o.gif

I love the way you can change the nationality of the F-5  wink_o.gif

lol...Poor Footmunch...You didn't chose the best day to release these great addons did you? biggrin_o.gif What with the release of the BAS Blackhawks biggrin_o.gif

True... I hope he updates his website so the Footmunch plane fans who browse through that page every so often will see it and download it.  Also having it posted on www.ofp.info is sure to get lots of downloads.  

At any rate, while these planes aren't as polished as BAS or DKM aircraft, they are good looking, they fly great, they perform great, and they are amongst the most needed aircraft in OFP.  This F-5 for example is one that is super useful in all kinds of mods and that I had been waiting a long time for someone to make.  Likewise his Mig-17, Mig-21, and Mig-27 were all badly needed.

I think with some help from other addon makers to do the time consuming work of polishing them up, his aircraft will be on the same level of BIS and DKM.   Actually at the moment I'm having a really fun time fixing up and modifying his old Mig-21 to make it look more like a Mig-21BIS (latest version of the Mig-21).  

To Footmunch-    I'll send the modified Mig-21 over to you once I've finished modifying it to see if you want to use it maybe as part of a Mig-21 pack with different variants of the Mig-21.  Amongst things I've fixed up is giving the nose a longer nose cone (due to the larger radar in the Mig-21BIS), putting the air speed probe on the top of the nose section, giving the canopy a steeper slope on the front (still messing with that as now the HUD looks too far away) and fixing up a the tail section where there's a little boom sticking out just below the tail...although I'm not sure if I can get it exactly like the real thing without adding a bunch more vertices to get it rounder... but it looks close.    I also made the rocket pod 1.5X bigger as it was too small.  However it's not touching the ground or anything.  smile_o.gif  

Messing around with these models I think is a really fabulous ways for beginner oxygen users to learn about making addons and they're a ton of fun to modify.   Now I just need to learn more about proxies and the appropriate .cpp settings to see if I can learn how to customize the weapons load outs.  Again hats off to ya Footmunch! These addons rock!!!

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Thanks for the F5 roundel system Footmunch!

In a way, you sort of listened to me when i said i wanted a Canadian camo F5 biggrin_o.gif

I use Footmunch planes more often than anything else because most of them fit to Vietnam and more modern conflicts.

Especially Mig-21 and Mig-17 are great. I wondered why no one is making these very common planes for OFP and then Footmunch made my dreams come true.

tounge_o.gif

Textures aint nothing fancy but not ugly either. Atleast they dont cause lag. Little bit of tweaking here and there and these planes would be perfect.

Thank you Footmunch!  biggrin_o.gif

Another badly needed aircraft would be Su-22 Fitter, but I think I saw some early screenshots of it, so I guess it won't be long before the author releases the first beta.

Finally a flogger! I agree with miles tag on the model, the cockpit is a bit weird so is the nose tip, apart from that it is great! especially the wing sweep match with the speed is so cool and authentic and usefull. (not messing up action menue etc.)

i really hope you keep working on the Flogger its one of my favourites and really good for opf (not to fast not to slow, small AND of course a ground attack plane)

I really hope someone can give you a helping hand on your models because you make so many of them!  wow_o.gif  I think you have to concentrate on one at a time.

(MIG-27 FLOGGER  biggrin_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif )

-please fix cockpit and nose as soon as you can.

-i will make my own textures so that won´t be your problem

-maybe add afterburners like the one on the F111 ( the best burner arround)

-And maybe some better textures for the bombs and rockets later.

-i don´t care much about the cockpit textures but could you fix the White places on the canopies? so they fit the planes?

Really looking forward to your work!

I just made a little dogfight on the desert island - 4 F-5E vs. 4 Mig-27 and 2 Mig-21. Was tons of fun!! These aircraft are great dogfighters and good companions to each other.

What other aircraft are planned? I know the Skyraiders... rock.gif

Quote[/b] ]I just made a little dogfight on the desert island - 4 F-5E vs. 4 Mig-27 and 2 Mig-21. Was tons of fun!! These aircraft are great dogfighters and good companions to each other.

Hellfish where is this Mig 21 you keep refering to? biggrin_o.gif

I got a bunch of them a LONG time ago. I'm pretty sure the one I used is from Footmunch, but I might be wrong. Either way, he does have one available HERE. smile_o.gif

FootMunch you are an absolute legend!! Great work!

Can I put in a few requests?

SAAB JAS-39 Gripen

NH-90 Helicopter (PLease Please Please!)

New Zealand Roundels, which look like this:

KIWI.JPG

The new Low-Viz Markings are just Black circle and Kiwi over aircraft skin.

Big ups to footmunch!! smile_o.gifsmile_o.gif

Can I put in a few requests?

SAAB JAS-39 Gripen

I saw some screenshots of a JAS-39 ingame... it looked pretty good, but I can't seem to find those screenies anymore. My guess is it's goint to be one of those 99% finished addons that never get released *stares angrily at Koepke*

Oh by the way. That Fitter I mentioned back there... here it is

su.JPG

Some guy known as Gemenis is working on it

New Zealand (colour and low-vis) and Rhodesia added to

roundels list. Keep 'em coming.

Show me an addon that wouldn't get stomped by BAS

Blackhaws. At the same time, I'm doing this for fun - if the

addons _never_ get downloaded, I've still had a pleasant

diversion making them. Everyone's a winner biggrin_o.gif

I've never said that these are the definitive versions. I just

want to plug some gaps in the OOB for OFP. If someone

puts out a better MiG-21 (eg FDF mod), then that's fine - if

you need one now, mine's available.

There is a slightly updated MiG-21 at

Updated MiG

The changes are minor, but if you want it...

Crippler - I'll check the BullPup F5A - there was lots of

selection madness going on when I was putting in the roundel

stuff, so it may have got broken. I inherited the Maverick

code from the BIS headers - I'll slow down the Mav rather

than speed up the AIM9. With FAS now eh? Congrats.

Miles Teg - Check your PM for a new LOBO-F5.

Digital Centurion - Can you mail me that skin for the MiG-17 -

I'd like to finalise.

Home site has been updated with the final Thud. I don't put

beta's on the front page routinely as they can change

significantly.

I've updated the MiG-27 mesh - I wasn't happy with the

front canopy either. It's usually the last thing I do on a model

cos it's so fricken fiddly. The cockpit panel texture was a

placeholder that you shouldn't have seen - please erase

it from your memory - 3...2...1...Now

Anyway, ready to put the hurt to some NATO boys and girls:

mig27_lineup.jpg

New main gear arrangement (note folded ventral fin):

mig27_below.jpg

Showing off:

mig27_bridge.jpg

New nose/canopy/pitot tube/pylon arrangement:

mig27_nose.jpg

New folding ventral fin (works along with main gear):

mig27_ventral.jpg

I may add an afterburner (my first) to the plane, but if I do,

I also want to animate the engine nozzles - I have one way

of doing this, but it's quite intensive.

I will slow down soon - right now the beta list reads:

MiG-27,

Sandy,

Vulcan,

MiG-17,

MiG-21,

Canberra,

B-57,

F-5

Time to start closing them out.

Looks great! I do think that the nose still need some touching up.

mig27_prid.jpg

mig27_nose.jpg

As you can see, the front windscreen is flat. I don't know if you've fixed that, but In the your latest version it was round. Also here you can see the laser rangefinder mentioned earlier more clearly.

Oh by the way... BEST FLARE EFFECTS EVER!!! No need to switch the weapons to flare and lose the radar lock, and better yet: doesnt take up the rockets spawn point, so you can have a plane with both flares and rockets!

One other thing i noticed... HOW IN THE WORLD did you manage to arm it with 2 types of detachable weapons(Aphids+KABs)?

You might want to reduce the amount of flares fired to 4... otherwise you'll run out of flares in no time... you can run out of flares, can you?

Can you please make one version with FAB-250s on ejector racks? Maybe with a coupla Aphids for self-defence too, and/or 57mm rocket pods?

Flippin 'eck. That's the FOURTH version of the nose I've

sene on photos. Those darn Russkies...

The front windscreen is flat now.

No, you can't run out of flares. They are triggered everytime

a missile comes within 250 metres of you. I may put some

flare counting stuff in there, but the problem is communciating

the number left to the player persistently (ie not via hint or

message)

You can put as many detachable weapons on the plane as

you want in the config.cpp file. If you do, the weapon will

appear at [0,0,0] relative to the plane and fly away.

In order to simulate the actual launch, you have to draw the

weapon on the plane mesh, and then remove it with a

setobjecttexture call that is triggered by the fired event

handler:

Klink Link - but without the otoc(turret) and hlavne(barrel)

stuff.

As an additional feature, I usually bump the missile (using

setpos and the planes direction) to an appropriate place so

that it seems to appear near the pylon. I could, for example,

put 2xKAB-500, 4xFAB-250, 2xAphids, Rocket Pods and the

cannon on the plane, and get it working...

Are you in contact with the (presuambly Polish) guys doing

the Su-22? If they need help on this technique, I can be

reached via PM.

Hehehe.... If you think that's bad, the number of official and unofficial Mig-21 variants is mind boggling. I was looking at pics of all kinds of Mig-21's on the net yesterday and I noticed that their body shape and size varies tremendously along with all the different kinds of probes and stuff sticking out of them....then there's the Chinese versions. Hehehe.

Regarding that Su-22 Fitter, that has swing-wing capability no? (I think it's the Su-7 that has stationary wings) I wonder if the guy making the Su-22 gave it swing wing capability?

Anyhoo... thanks again for the help with the LoboF5. I could have sworn I had textured the 500.000 LOD, but I'll check and see what I missed to that I don't make the same mistake later. I'm very appreciative of the help with that!

Also in your PM I sent you the Mig-21BIS model based on your Czech Mig-21 model. I hope you like it. I forgot to add in the PM that it still needs a tiny bit of work on the nose as on the bottom sometimes you can see through a little tiny crack that I wasn't able to close. Most people will probably never notice it, but it still bugs me.

I would post some screenshots but I don't have a server to put the pics up on and geocities pics don't display with direct links unfortunately. sad_o.gif But I extended the nose cone, changed the position of the air sensor probe, added a small winglet on top, modified the cockpit, added the buldge sticking out just below the tail, and made the rocket pod larger (but not too large).

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Miles I'd just like to say that the latest variant of the Fishbed is in fact the Lancer.An Israeli modification of the Romanian MIG-21s which have all recently been upgraded and will serve til at least 2010.So we'll be blessed with the presence of this classic for another few years in European skies smile_o.gif

New Zealand (colour and low-vis) and Rhodesia added to

roundels list. Keep 'em coming.

Oh Boy. You are too much!

You will be forever changing your models if you try to keep up with all the Mods those crazy Ruskies make to their planes.

Who makes the best planes in the world? Why the russians!!

You do good work Footmunch.

Now if only I had an Olive Drab A-4K Skyhawk to put my nice new NZ roundels on... Oh, maybe like this one...

01OHKS08.JPG

Sorry couldnt help slip this one in...