Sign in to follow this  
Footmunch

Updates (and mig-27)

Em you realise that Angola doesn't actually feature much if any desert, trust me a SA acquaintance fought there.

They used Pumas for black ops insertion btw.

Yes we know that, but the desert Everon and desert Malden maps are about the closest out there to African shrub country.   Hopefully someone will make a nice flat African savanah map with lots of tall grass and shrubs.  As far as covert ops goes, the CIA was also heavily involved in that civil war hence the reason I'm using UH-1's.  That and also because the only good Super Puma's out are the ones from Operation Frenchpoint.  I'd have to ask them very nicely to let me reskin one of their choppers in South African colors.

I also by the way know several people who faught in that war as well as another who was affiliated with "Executive Outcomes".  

eologo.gif

At any rate, the mission that I spoke of is not one based on anything historical... just purely fantasy and made to have an interesting storyline.  

But if you can either make or find someone to make a map that simulates Angola and someone to make a South African Super Puma (and other South African aircraft and vehicles) then I would love to use them.  

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Wow! The new Mig-27 looks marvelous!!! I love the afterburner animations and sounds! Beautiful job Footmunch!

Still testing the other airplanes, but so far they're all looking great!

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

MLV_helos_03_s.jpg

This has been released recently by the Campaignas Malvinas Mod, its of excellent quality and better suited to Angolan ops than the Frenchpoint super puma.

Keep an eye out for Colonial wars Alouette III also, its not released yet but its just a shame to go to war in africa without one.

Big thumbs up to footmunch for his excellent planes! I also like the afterburner in particular, kickass.

Before i leave for the weekend to kill braincells in large amounts here is a pic of desert skin i made for the MiG-17:

http://www.geocities.com/ksmwebm/desertmig17.jpg

[standard geocities drill...]

It's a really fast reskin, but i kinda like how it turned out. I plan on making desert skins for the F-5 and the other MiGs too. Do you like this camo scheme?

Oh yeah, I forgot about that one.  If I wasn't already so busy with reskinning aircraft for the LoBo mod I would ask their mod permission to make a South African version, but hopefully someone with more time will do that.  But I suppose you could use it as is, if you ignore the Argentinian markings on it.  They would make great target's for Footmunch's Mig-21s and Mig-17 aircraft if ya want to fly on the Cuban side!  smile_o.gif  

Flying on the SADF side in a Puma however would be very cool against Footmunch's Mig-17's that are just equipped with cannons, so at leas that would give you a fighting chance.  

By the way for those interested in making missions with Footmunch's Mig-17's here some good info on the history of the Mig-17 in combat:

http://www.urrib2000.narod.ru/EqMiG17-e.html

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Footmunch you do so a fine job! really outstanding!

The mig 27 even brings me away from the Blackhawks!

Damn your good!

i now want to reskin the f5 and the mig27  biggrin_o.gif

I have made a few shematics so you can compare your model with the original to make it perfect.

migFooT.jpg

MigOR.jpg

migFooT1.jpg

I hope you don´t mind.

I really luv the changes you have made with the nose!!

and the burner is great!

But need an action to turn it off again wink_o.gif

Uhm sometimes there is a bug whith the gears on the F5+mig27

Sometimes when you often start the same mission again and again they start with the gears down (in flying start)

and the other time they lift up perfectly.

Not a big problem..only if you use it in big scripted missions where you have a Looooooong loading time.

Maybe this can help you a bit

mig27draw.gif

I just made a reskin, to test the camo sheme.

I saw it on a model, i don´t think its authentical.

But i like it.

mig27_de.jpg

mig27_de2.jpg

mig27_de3.jpg

mig27_de4.jpg

What do you think?

OH and Footmuch where did the Cannon go?

It was there in the first version you released..its gone sad_o.gif

PS: it was an hour work nothing special.

Anyone interested in maybe making an Angolan campaign? Or collaborate on a mission? PM me.

If you look at the scetch Sxep provided us, you can actually see that the barrels of the Gsh-30-6 exposed. Whoa... I mean, a 6-barreled 30mm gatling gun?!? That must make a helluva mess on APCs or even main bettle tanks!

Here's some info on the cannon

Quote[/b] ]The aircraft has a built-in 30mm Sh-6-30 gun with 260 rounds of ammunition. The gun, supplied by the Instrument Design Bureau, based in Tula, fires HEFI rounds and AO-18 cartridges. The maximum fire rate is 5,000 rounds per minute and the muzzle velocity is 850m/sec.

Another thing: I'd rather see the original weapon names, as for example the Aphid is only AA-8 to the "receiving" party smile_o.gif To the pilot inside the MiG it's still R60

If you look at the scetch Sxep provided us, you can actually see that the barrels of the Gsh-30-6 exposed. Whoa... I mean, a 6-barreled 30mm gatling gun?!? That must make a helluva mess on APCs or even main bettle tanks!

Here's some info on the cannon

Quote[/b] ]The aircraft has a built-in 30mm Sh-6-30 gun with 260 rounds of ammunition. The gun, supplied by the Instrument Design Bureau, based in Tula, fires HEFI rounds and AO-18 cartridges. The maximum fire rate is 5,000 rounds per minute and the muzzle velocity is 850m/sec.

Another thing: I'd rather see the original weapon names, as for example the Aphid is only AA-8 to the "receiving" party smile_o.gif To the pilot inside the MiG it's still R60

260 rounds and a firerate from 5.000 rounds per minute!?

2 clicks and your out of ammo crazy_o.gif

Have to aim good.

I love the way these things handle. God, I wish all fixed-wing aircraft in the game handled this well. I can actually land with these babies!!! smile_o.gif

A  IDF A4 with a nuke would be cool. smile_o.gif

someone has seen SUM OF ALL FEARS one too many times... tounge_o.gif

Any news footmunch?

How about making a permanent jet exhaust like in the f111?

a small flame in the engine outlet?

that would look cool on all your planes!

But i think thats a lot of wotk and can wait (or don´t do it)

lol i just fooled around with the afterburner and clicked it about 50 times+ got 14000+ speed  wow_o.gif was very cool that speed.

1 second for 500m climbing or less  biggrin_o.gif

How do you like this reskin?

mig27_2de1.jpg

fmig27_d.jpg

EDIT: i realized that the one above is to toyish

mig27_3de1.jpg

This one is my favourite.

It really blends in nice to the sea. and the sky.

greymig27_front1.jpg

greymig27_front2.jpg

greymig27_side1.jpg

greymig27_top1.jpg

This is my ref.

MIG27-004A_300.jpg

greymig27_front3.jpg

Footmuch i love your work!

And i hope you continiu working on the plane.

And can you fix the cockpit? maybe you should lower the pilot position a bit. i don´t know guys give him some tips please wink_o.gif

I replaced the white with a colour thats fits the sheme.

greymig27_front4.jpg

And saw that the engine outtake uses the same texture..thats not good. Can you change that footmunch?

Hey Sxep those are some nice reskins. A little bit too "clean" for my tastes but i usually go a bit over the top when it comes to weathering.

I especially liked the reskin that you called toysih, i think it was fine! And yeah i agree the intake should be colored differently. I have also modified some of the other textures to make them look darker etc.

Also sxep since you seem to be on a skinning spree might i recommend that you make some third world reskins, useful with the roundel system. For example Indian MiG-27s, Cuban MiG-17s etc and also some "generic" ones ie say a olive drab F-5. If we have a couple of camo shemes the addon makers can, in combination with the roundel system, make fairly accurate representations of some particular airforce AC fairly easily.