Sign in to follow this  
SelectThis

Bas blackhawks

Gripe! Gripe!

OK, Nagual! Cough it up!

Where is the bas_blackhawks_mission2.zip file? mad_o.gif

Gripe! Gripe!

wink_o.gif

This is potentially a dumb question that's going to get me a lot of rolled eyes, but what are the BIS helos doing in there? I can't find a reference to them in any of the readmes and I don't see anything changed with them - no dust scripts or corrected weaponry. rock.gif

Where can we find bas_blackhawks_mission2.zip as referenced in the mission readme? Or is it not ready for DL yet?

This is potentially a dumb question that's going to get me a lot of rolled eyes, but what are the BIS helos doing in there? I can't find a reference to them in any of the readmes and I don't see anything changed with them - no dust scripts or corrected weaponry.  rock.gif

Try to fly them near enemy bmps/m113s  wink_o.gif

Right from the readme:

Quote[/b] ]The addon also adds a few targetable versions of the BIS helicopters.

Where can we find bas_blackhawks_mission2.zip as referenced in the mission readme? Or is it not ready for DL yet?

Gee, what an original question! biggrin_o.gif

Those extra helis are part of the BAS_repair addon. There are versions that the AI Machinegunners will fire at...(hopefully)...It was something coded up for my own use, but decided to throw it in with the Blackhawks as I dont like to see my babies flying around all damaged ;)

The Repair H scripts are a bit rough, but people can use them as a base for their own repair/FARP scripts. (All the addon does is broadcast it's location of the H to any scripts written to pick the info up.

SelectThis

So amazing so stunning, words cant descrbie my WOW'ness

BAS FOR LIFE ! biggrin_o.gif

AWESOME ADD-ON!!!!!

Love the JAM Add-on also!!! nice weapon sounds!!!!

This WILL be staying in my Mod folder for a long time to come! biggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

hmm..is this normal?

1. i am pilot of MH60K, add BAS delta/rangers

2. Delta becomes #2, have him in cargo before going up.

3. ascend to 5 meters, hold position, fast rope delta

4. lower the ladder

5. order #2 to get in using 4-2 from radio(2 being my MH60)

6. "Can't get there" from #2

7. order to get in using action menu,

8. #2 does nothing

9. have #2 move somewhere

10, it climbs the ladder.(or if it takes time to get to helo, it will come and ladder disappears, and then it just warps into helo.)

guess this falls into

Quote[/b] ]The AI sometimes act strangely when being picked up.

*cleans up drool off of keyboard*

i hate to be a jerk but bas you owe me a new keyboard. wink_o.giftounge_o.gif

Nah im j/k.

Seriously guys made a REALLY DAMN GOOD ADDON. Your finest yet. You guys never cease to amaze me at what you show can be done with ofp. Thank you for your addon. Im sure therell be alot of people putting it to some really good use for misisons.

Keep up the damn good work.

Guest jacobaby
hmm..is this normal?

1. i am pilot of MH60K, add BAS delta/rangers

2. Delta becomes #2, have him in cargo before going up.

3. ascend to 5 meters, hold position, fast rope delta

4. lower the ladder

5. order #2 to get in using 4-2 from radio(2 being my MH60)

6. "Can't get there" from #2

7. order to get in using action menu,

8. #2 does nothing

9. have #2 move somewhere

10, it climbs the ladder.(or if it takes time to get to helo, it will come and ladder disappears, and then it just warps into helo.)

guess this falls into

Quote[/b] ]The AI sometimes act strangely when being picked up.

Are you thinking you can use the normal GET IN action to get an AI guy to get back in a helicopter you are flying?

If so, well, I can do a lot of stuff, but I cant get around the game engine yet tounge_o.gif

There is a custom action to order your AI into the helicopter.

Again though, you can NEVER guarantee an AI is gonna do what he should!!

I should have a mission or two availabale for download by tonight.

TJ

!!!W00T!!! Super blending BAS finaly and really thnxs for the release damn this is just a super addon!!!WOW!!!

Are you thinking you can use the normal GET IN action to get an AI guy to get back in a helicopter you are flying?

well, duh! the ladder was already down! a spec op like a delta don't need to get detailed instructions in getting into a helo with ladder ready tounge_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]If so, well, I can do a lot of stuff, but I cant get around the game engine yet tounge_o.gif

There is a custom action to order your AI into the helicopter.

Again though, you can NEVER guarantee an AI is gonna do what he should!!

yes, i noticed the action menu choice too. guess game engine is the limitation. smile_o.gif

OUTSTANDING WORK, BAS! I love the shading effect when I lower the visor!!!!!

And the new rifle in-hand anim, while riding "shotgun"!

May I jump to something I would like to see in another iteration of the Blackhawks/ all your helos?

Please, please, please, this is by no means a knock on your efforts nor your product....but I had expected this functionality in your helos, as it's appeared in others'.

Decisive Killing Machines showed with their Commanche that the get out action can be disabled while inside the helo, and open hatch added. Get out would be displayed only when the doors were open. It seems a bit redundant to have animated doors on when it's possilbe to exit the helo without opening them, either the pilot doors and the cargo doors.

Please, please, please, this is by no means a knock on your efforts nor your product....but I had expected this functionality in your helos, as it's appeared in others'.

Decisive Killing Machines showed with their Commanche that the get out action can be disabled while inside the helo, and open hatch added. Get out would be displayed only when the doors were open. It seems a bit redundant to have animated doors on when it's possilbe to exit the helo without opening them, either the pilot doors and the cargo doors.

hell no! I hate this! it's terrible sad_o.gif

plus, locking the helo means NO ONE can get out.