Sign in to follow this  
SelectThis

Bas blackhawks

I watched Godzilla, Mothra, and King Ghidora and the blackhawk sounded like the BIS one... so you guys win there...

I still like my sounds though biggrin_o.gif - but it was a UH60 not an MH-60 - I would imagine they sound different?

sounds may change due to the use of different engine

I plan to make em...well maybe random numbers...but you will have to select your own Tail Flash codes (DR, MY, LI, IS) etc.

thx for teh good news Tigershark

pang,

Best compare the textures themselves to determine whether the quality loss is due to the setobjecttexture stuff or just a low qual texture. Any custom island map when used on the blackhawks will look a bit blurry. This is due to the way setobjecttexture works.

you can send the texture to me to look at if you want.

SelectThis

thx stt

yes, it looks a bit blurry, especially the colorborders and the island outlines.

sarupaa.jpg

here´s the the paa file if you want to have a look.

i guess its the colours... your island .paas look like 16color images.

i was trying to use a map, generated by the "topography" command, but i couldn´t open up the .emf file.

The MH-60 and UH-60 DO sound the same IRL, since they use the same rotor system, with the same rotor blades, same transmission, same engines (apart from those that have gone through the engine upgrade - both MH and UH)

Therefore the "sounds different because its an MH-60" argument isnt so great wink_o.gif

...they use the same rotor system, with the same rotor blades, same transmission, same engines (apart from those that have gone through the engine upgrade - both MH and UH)

Therefore the "sounds different because its an MH-60" argument isnt so great wink_o.gif

Like he's saying, it's all the same engine, from the first Blackhawk to the newest MH-60S. It's all the GE-401. The difference is the model. Most -60's have the 401C now, which is the upgrade, basically allowing it to run hotter, thereby providing more power.

Now if only BAS could make a Seahawk to insert those SEALs with.... smile_o.gif

I plan to make em...well maybe random numbers...but you will have to select your own Tail Flash codes (DR, MY, LI, IS) etc.

Err...and what exactly are those (DR, MY, LI, IS)? rock.gif

Quote[/b] ]When you say back to front, do you mean that the smokes are firing illum, and vice versa?

If so, this may be a script-running error on your machine. If you could post a few more details (comp specs etc) and possibly run some tests on the default BIS island, I'd be most appreciative. (This is the first instance of this I can remember of)

Sorry for being tardy smile_o.gif ...

Yes the Illums fire when smoke~missiles are selected, and visa~versa...

What would you like me to do?...

I run an AMD2400+, 512MBDDR, Abit NF7S, Radion9700 on win98se...

I do have a few other addons installed as well, should this make a difference?...

hmmm outta curiosity

For any ingame text like the selected weapon/fuel/armor HUD in the upper left of the screen, will you rename the weapon on the Pavehawks (and future Pavelow III) to GAU-2B/A instead of M-134 to appease the USAF lovers (like me) or would doing so force you to rename the weapon/magazine classes? If so it may not be worth it...

I dont care either way.. just wondered.....

aye!

forgot to mention one small thing on the UH60L:

could you please change the m60 sound from the original ofp mg sound to the of the JAM m60 in the update?

it really sounds kinda funny seeing such a cool helo and then hearing the strange bis m60 sound.

will you rename the weapon on the Pavehawks (and future Pavelow III) to GAU-2B/A instead of M-134 to appease the USAF lovers

Yes biggrin_o.gif

@BoonieRat, a few things;

a) Where did you download the Kiowa pack from?

b) What version do you have - this we are addressing, as a script bug forced us to update the pbo, but we forgot to update the readme. The newest, most up-to-date version is available for download at our site.

c) Can you place just the Kiowa onto the Desert Island map, and run a test just to ensure that there is DEFINATELY an error.

@pang - new sounds MAY be included in the update, no promies tho...

Just remembered:

d) You have to fire the Illum Rockets UP to make them work. The smoke rockets when fired, land, create smoke AND a small illumination. This may be what you are seeing, and thinking is the Illumination Rocket.

A simple test is, when you fire the Illum rocket into the ground, all you should see is a small "puff" (similar to when you fire the M2 into the ground)

That could be the "problem" BoonieRat

Err...and what exactly are those (DR, MY, LI, IS)? rock.gif

MY=Moody AFB

LI=ANGB AP Colonel Francis S. Gabreski

WA=Nellis AFB

IS=NAS Keflavik, Iceland (been serving in Liberia)

DR= Davis-Monthan AFB (serving in Iraq)

FL=Patrick AFB (also in Iraq)

These will be included in the pack.

Quote[/b] ]Just remembered:

d) You have to fire the Illum Rockets UP to make them work. The smoke rockets when fired, land, create smoke AND a small illumination. This may be what you are seeing, and thinking is the Illumination Rocket.

A simple test is, when you fire the Illum rocket into the ground, all you should see is a small "puff" (similar to when you fire the M2 into the ground)

That could be the "problem" BoonieRat

You're right! I just tried again and it is like you said. The Illums detontate if you're very low near the ground, I was sure they were generating smoke before though! crazy_o.gif ...

Sorry for being an ass! tounge_o.gif ...

____

I only recently noticed the secondary helo explosions, I was nearby and caught a 50cal round 'cooking off' ghostface.gif , sounded like a HKSD though, is there any way of adding a single report before the HK~SD sound? perhaps a pistol shot sound? A BANG! then the slap of a bullet hitting would be sweet(er!)...

A lot of hours goes into these models methinks! excellent work...

You're right! I just tried again and it is like you said. The Illums detontate if you're very low near the ground, I was sure they were generating smoke before though! crazy_o.gif ...

Sorry for being an ass! tounge_o.gif ...

Not a problem, to be honest, I cant remember if that was documented in the readme...

I hope you can have fun playing with the Kiowas to their full potential now biggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

When I was watching some news about Hong Kong Government Flying Service a question suddently comes out: Are those Rescue Hoist on the up coming pavehawk usable?(as i rememberd there is something about "search and rescue" on the post before) wink_o.gif

i was wondering if its possible for the next version of the bhs to have the dap be able to turn off the ground in fantry firing on it

so if ppl want the dap without infantry firing at it they can just put a script on the init field or waypoint the waypoint

i was wondering if its possible for the next version of the bhs to have the dap be able to turn off the ground in fantry firing on it

so if ppl want the dap without infantry firing at it they can just put a script on the init field or waypoint the waypoint

Unfortunately, this sort of option would not be possible, since it is coded into the config.cpp, and we can't change config entries from ingame.

Also, we wouldn't add a version without it being targeted by the AI, since in real life, you'll try your best to shoot the thing down before it shoots you...

AI targeting the helo's is one of the best features IMO. It may not be the most breathtaking, but the atmosphere it adds to a mission is incalculable!...

...they use the same rotor system, with the same rotor blades, same transmission, same engines (apart from those that have gone through the engine upgrade - both MH and UH)

Like he's saying, it's all the same engine, from the first Blackhawk to the newest MH-60S.  It's all the GE-401.   The difference is the model.  Most -60's have the 401C now, which is the upgrade, basically allowing it to run hotter, thereby providing more power.

I know this is a bit off topic, so forgive me but...

I stand corrected. We just had an HH-60H roll into our line here, and as it was taxing in, it did actually sound different. I think the difference was the IR suppressors on the engines, but it did actually have a different sound. Is it vastly different? No, but just something kind of interesting to hear.

Sorry for the distraction...Nice helos, nice island, when's "x" gonna be released? There, now back on topic. smile_o.gif

Like he's saying, it's all the same engine, from the first Blackhawk to the newest MH-60S.  It's all the GE-401.   The difference is the model.  Most -60's have the 401C now, which is the upgrade, basically allowing it to run hotter, thereby providing more power.

I know this is a bit off topic, so forgive me but...

I stand corrected.  We just had an HH-60H roll into our line here, and as it was taxing in, it did actually sound different.  I think the difference was the IR suppressors on the engines, but it did actually have a different sound.  Is it vastly different?  No, but just something kind of interesting to hear.  

Sorry for the distraction...Nice helos, nice island, when's "x" gonna be released?  There, now back on topic.   smile_o.gif

Dont the SH-60B's and HH-60H's have different engines?:

SH-60B (or F, im sure you know which)

sh-60_06.jpg

HH-60H:

HH-60H.jpg

hh-60h_parachute3.jpg

The HH-60H seems to have the same engine as the Army blackhawks, while the SH-60's engine is quite visibly different. Unless of course that is the IR filter you mentioned.

Well...

From what I can find, on FAS.org, and the US Army/Navy/Air Force sites, all current H-60 models use the General Electric T700-GE-01C Gas-Turbine Engine.

The only difference between the models is the IR Supressors or Filters, whatever you want to call them. The UH/MH/HH have the IR Supressor fitted as standard, the SH does not have it fitted as standard (although the SH-60's are to be replaced with MH-60S' over the next 6-10 years)

So I should imagine that the IR Supressor has a great effect on the sound, but since all out H-60 models (that we have planned) have the IR supressor fitted, they will all sound the same.

Ofcourse things like loadout, whether or not the doors are open/closed, the air temperature and humidity will all have effects on the overall sound of the helicopter, but since we cant cater for them in OFP, the sound that stands, is "fine".

And, my "sounds different because its an MH-60" (not a UH-60) statement still stands true wink_o.giftounge_o.gif

Well...

From what I can find, on FAS.org, and the US Army/Navy/Air Force sites, all current H-60 models use the General Electric T700-GE-01C Gas-Turbine Engine.

The only difference between the models is the IR Supressors or Filters, whatever you want to call them. The UH/MH/HH have the IR Supressor fitted as standard, the SH does not have it fitted as standard (although the SH-60's are to be replaced with MH-60S' over the next 6-10 years)

So I should imagine that the IR Supressor has a great effect on the sound, but since all out H-60 models (that we have planned) have the IR supressor fitted, they will all sound the same.

Ofcourse things like loadout, whether or not the doors are open/closed, the air temperature and humidity will all have effects on the overall sound of the helicopter, but since we cant cater for them in OFP, the sound that stands, is "fine".

And, my "sounds different because its an MH-60" (not a UH-60) statement still stands true wink_o.gif  tounge_o.gif

First up...the pics.  The first one is of a SH-60B, which is what I fly.  You can tell by the window on the right side, the engine, and the radome on the bottom.  Here's a closeup:

ER50.hellfire.jpg

Image edit

The other two pics are of a HH-60H, which you can tell by the engine and the windows.  Nice pics, by the way.

As for the engine, yes, it's the same engine, and it's actually the T700-GE-401C.  The visual difference is the IR suppressor, like you said.  FYI, the Bravos won't be replaced by the MH-60S, but by the Romeo, although when is anyone's guess.

As for the Army and AF's UH/MH/HH, I didn't realize that all of them had the suppressors.  Guess I hadn't noticed when I see them around here.  Makes sense though.

For Evis:

Touche.  By no means did I mean it to be a "your helos are all screwed up because it doesn't sound right..." comment.  More like a statement of wonderment.  I haven't really spent any time around a Hotel, so it was interesting to hear one after the comments here.

Thanks for all the hard work.  Now, if only there was some new kind of island with bad guys to fly around.......

Edit:  Pic removed.

maybe late but better late then never wink_o.gif

Well I found 2 bug's in the AH60DAP

Just check out the pictures and you understand what the bugs are:

I hope you could fix those 2 bugs.

Pic1

Pic2

Pic3