Sign in to follow this  
SelectThis

Bas blackhawks

Yeah i noticed that the gunner chair disapears sometimes when i sit on the crew seat and that we can see the green pilot display thingy through the pilots chair but seriously dont think these so called bugs are worth an update rock.gif

Still when i place these beautys in the editor next to the oficial uh-60 i start... biggrin_o.gif . From the DAP to the UH-60L i love all of them, shame there aint tons of missions with these incredibly made units.

sorry for the old thread but im having a problem with the blackhawks where the tailrotors and mehcanical pieces holding it on have a completely black texture. no detail - just pure deep black. looks really wierd

Well, I'm not sure if this is a really known bug, I remember that it was mentioned and questioned...

The Blackhawks can cause an extreme FPS drop if viewed from certain angles. I'm talking 40 fps->3 fps. This first occurred when I played the demo mission, I thought the intro was supposed to be slow-motion or something, but when the mission started I realized that I had about 2 fps and could barely get out of OFP, I had to Ctrl-Alt-Del.

This also happends in the "Ranger Raiders" MP mission, the mission begins with the camera focused on a SOAR pilot's helmet and with a smooth FPS, then when the camera goes up just a few centimeters and the BH comes into view, the FPS slows to a crawl, and, again, I have to forcibly quit the game because the mouse is inoperable. I tried it with both MH-60K and UH-60L, same thing. Same thing when I inserted it into a BIS cutscene, and also when I was just admiring it with the command view on an empty map. The fps changed dramatically when I changed angle with the command view, I didn't quite pinpoint the location where it lagged though...

gollum

try this. change your ofp preferences so that you only use 256 textures, then retry it. Then try it with your in game options turned all the way down. I have NEVER had that happen. I made them with hi res textures, so that may be the problem. Whats your system? I don't think it's a "bug", just extreme detail in the lod and the textures hitting you all at once.

I ahve the same thing as gollum and i usually play at 1024 crazy_o.gif

I cant give up good looking textures for lag on a BH or can i? biggrin_o.gif

@One, don't cross post, its against the forum rules.

@Gollum, what other addons do you have installed? Like Ebud, I've never had this issue, even on my crappy 500MHz system...

I ahve the same thing as gollum and i usually play at 1024  crazy_o.gif

I cant give up good looking textures for lag on a BH or can i?  biggrin_o.gif

it's just to narrow down the "problem." Hell, it could friggin' be anything. Could be their settings, could be the addon texture quality, could be the LOD settings in the preferences, could be a bad part in the model (highly doubt that one though). If the people who have problems don't even try to duplicate it (or at least try to figure out on their own what might cause it) or state the in-game settings plus OFP preference settings (plus your OFP benchmark) along with the pc setup, then it's pointless to state a problem when non of the people who made it can duplicate it.

Thanks, it was fixed by lowering my textures to 512. biggrin_o.gif

But I didn't notice any performance drop between 512 and 64, but there's that ~30 fps drop between 512 and 1024.

My specs are: 1 ghz, 768 mb, Radeon 8500

Thanks, it was fixed by lowering my textures to 512. biggrin_o.gif

But I didn't notice any performance drop between 512 and 64, but there's that ~30 fps drop between 512 and 1024.

My specs are: 1 ghz, 768 mb, Radeon 8500

1ghz. I think that might be the problem. When I textured them I was working on a 2.66 ghz :/ The ran fine for me, and in BAS there was a broad range of processor speeds being used by people. I never heard anyone say anything about that error, but it may have just been everyone lowering their settings to run it. Sorry you can't run it at hi-res, but I think at 512x512 it still looks pretty good as long as you don't do a walk around just to admire the addon. In practice, playing the game without the 3rd person view without worrying about if the balckhawk is pretty or not and just play the game, you will probably never notice the drop in quality. Glad you fixed it.

Hmm... I put a BAS UH-60 into the mission editor just to hitch a ride around a modd'd island I was working on, under the @ECP pack. Unfortunately, I don't quite remember how I managed to do it, but in third view I 'broke' it so all the posts around the cockpit lost their textures. They came back, but only after I restarted the mission. Has anyone else seen anything like this?

Had a question about graphics settings....

Im making a mission that has 4 BAS blackhawks and 4 BAS LB's in it they all got full crews and passengers (all from BAS delta\Ranger pack). There all sitting on the ground, start up and take off. Anyway I get hit with craploads of lag.

Now I know that these are high res addons but my question is:

there anyway to fight this so I dont have to use other addons for my multi-helo scenes???

And also what settings would u suggest using in ofp preferences to help with this also??

I should also note Im using the "BHDleave no one behind" MOG map. wich is laggy in itself.

My specs:

AMD 2 ghz

512 ram

GFORCE 4 128

winxp

preference settings at present:

direct 3d hw T&L

RES: 1024 x 768 32

advance settings:

(under performance tab)

all 4 are maxed

(under effects tab)

everything is checked

(under textures tab)

everything is on 64x64 except auto drop down wich is on 4x4

(under details tab)

max objects = maxed at 256

object lod = 0.019

shadow lod = 0.050

Thx in advance

...I thought about changing out the blackhawk addons for les high res ones in multi- shots but I would really like to keep the BAS ones in if at all possible sad_o.gif

If it comes to this can anyone suggest good replacements?

I got a bug to report if it isn't reported earlier already. The rope ladder feature doesn't work properly on the Tonal island.

I put an AI player to fly a BAS black hawk and pick up a group of AI players from a town with the rope ladder feature. In original BIS islands this works just perfect. I did as it said in the black hawk pack readme. When the leader of the ai group asks for an extraction by radio a code error appears at the top of the screen saying something, i don't remember exactly what it was, and the radio text says "position: null" where he's supposed to tell the coordinates. This isn't so bad but the black hawk just flies above the group and hovers there and doesn't come down to pick up the group. This is the annoying part. Just test it yourself and see what I mean.

I think the bug has something to do with the innormal size of the island because when I copy/paste the mission to some of the original islands it works just fine. I'm not sure though.

This rope ladder thingy would suit perfectly in the big cities of the tonal island but it isn't working right. Is there something to do to get it work?

So does anybody from the BAS team know the solution for this?

Nope, still the same problem.

I found out that the chopper usually comes down to pick up the men but in some cases not, just hovers in the air. I'm not 100% sure if it has anything to do with the problem I'm having.

problem ive discovered today....

when requesting ladder extraction... i get a strange error... the thing still picks me up (also happens with normal extraction) but i get scripting errors across the top of the screen... and instead of it stating a co-ord it says boolen variable etc...

its using Tonal and blackhawks, pavehawks and they join your team to extract u...

Pic

I have the same problem as Messiah

We are aware of a scripting bug in the Blackhawks which will cause these errors on Tonal and similar sized islands.

It will be fixed, but when is unknown.

Any fix yet for the MH47 E by BAS. The download I get is missing a ton of textures including the whole interior, the wheels, the rotor blade mounts, parts of the cockpit.

Any fix yet for the MH47 E by BAS. The download I get is missing a ton of textures including the whole interior, the wheels, the rotor blade mounts, parts of the cockpit.

You're missing a pbo.

There should be 3 pbo's in your file:

BAS_MH47E.pbo (this contains the textures)

BAS_MH47E185.pbo (this contains the models and config)

BAS_Cargo.pbo (this is the scripting for the special cargo abilities)

As long as you have ALL 3 pbo's installed, the MH-47E will work fine. Since you are missing textures, I expect you havent installed the BAS_MH47E.pbo.

smile_o.gif

Hi Deadmeat thanks for the reply. In fact I have all three of those addons you mentioned. I downloaded them again from ofp.info last night just to make sure I had the right files.

BAS_Cargo.pbo  1989kb

BAS_MH47E.pbo 2722kb

BAS_MH47E_185.pbo  4005kb

I unpboed the BAS_MH47E.pbo file and it contains 67 files.

Id take a screenshot but I dont know how to do that. Shift Print screen doesnt seem to capture it.

Ahh...

Just twigged as to what your problem is.

You're missing the BIS CH47 addon.

The MH-47 inherits the internal textures, and a raft of other textures from that addon (to cut down on size and duplication in the MH-47 addon)

Make sure you have the BIS CH47 (came with OFP v1.30, or in Resistance or GOTY edition) then your problem will be fixed.