Sign in to follow this  
Aeon

Fia mod

FIA Mod is not really a mod like FDF did, it's just few addons gathered in a single .pbo

Suchey,Earl,and Tactician work on an amazing Marpat/Russian addon (see "Modern USMC" thread)

I have the will to release Resistance side units, and make them conform or normalized with their criterias

Preview :

AK-47 and AK-47 Grenade Launcher, models and textures by Inquisitor (from High Detailled Weapon Pack 1.1)

FIAAK.jpg

-New sounds

RPK-47, model and texture by Inquisitor (from High Detailled Weapon Pack 1.1)

FIARPK.jpg

-New sounds

RPG-7, models and textures by Kegetys (from Russian Weapons Pack 1.1)

FIARPG.jpg

-New sounds

-standard PG-7 Anti-Tank grenade, + OG-7 antipersonnel grenade (AI is able to firing OG-7 on enemy infantry)

FIA5.jpg

-Superheated gas feature : You should NOT stay behind RPG-7 while gunner firing, the shockwave could wound you (you need approximately 4-5 meters security range)

FIA4.jpg

Molotov Cocktail, they burn during 10 secondes, you'd better not stay too close or you will be wounded you and probably killed if you don't move back

FIA6.jpg

FIA9.jpg

-custom crater/flame

Morphine injection,Each unit class could pick/carry/use morphine, it's heal a very little once you used it (1/10), so Medic units are still necessary. But by re-setting global setdammage, you might stand up again if your legs were hit and keep fighting beyond your pain

FIA2.jpg

Smokeshell occult AI vision (AI cannot see through it)

FIA3.jpg

Guest Hitman[SWAF]

Nice work, this looks neat. smile_o.gif

oh please don't use Inquisitors JPEG textures. It's incredible waste of performance. There are very good pac/paa textures for your weapons available. Please use them. Not everybody has the latest graphics cards with more than 64 MB video memory.

i think inquistor has some of the best looking weapons in ofp.. even tho their jpeg, it doesnt slow my machine down to much.. and i have no super computer.. great idea.. i love the part about the morphine great idea.

If this is done, it would be nice to have you release this now.. :-)

i think inquistor has some of the best looking weapons in ofp.. even tho their jpeg, it doesnt slow my machine down to much.. and i have no super computer.. great idea.. i love the part about the morphine great idea.

If this is done, it would be nice to have you release this now.. :-)

That's getting a bit annoying. Only because it doesn't slow you down (yet) it doesn't mean it won't. Luckily most people don't want to ruin the game and stick to pac/paa. But the more JPEG is used the more problems we will get. It's clear that JPEG needs MUCH more Video Memory and also more CPU power.

I know JPEG looks very good. That's why some people think JPEG is better. It's not. The good look is payed with huge performance loss at the point where your video memory runs out. Before that you maybe don't notice it but when people continue to use JPEG you surely will. OFP is not made for using JPEG textures.

Awesome! I can't wait to kill blackdog with a Molotov cocktail as he races around in his little buggy. (It's pink by the way).

Two things:

1. I agree that you should use non-JPG weapons to everyone's satisfaction. There are so many good models around.

2. How did you get smoke screens to block AI's view? I've never heard that done before in OFP.

OK, three things:

3. Nice mod idea. smile_o.gif

Excellent work and it is good to see more resitance addons being worked on.

Yeah, I agree it's a good idea. Compared to "West" and "East" there actually is a big lack of good resistance side addons. IMO OFP-R is best suited to simulate Resistance/Guerilla combat situations due to the performance and engine restrictions like island size or max number of AI's etc.. That's why I think there should be a bigger emphazise on Resistance Side.

My hint to good ideas for resistance addons is the croatian zivil war as there were LOTS of interesting self-made-weapons/vehicles/planes etc. (=small teaser to my upcomming addon)  wink_o.gif

Very nice - I would suggest also considering some weapons from Walker's weapon pack, like the PPSh, Nagant, SKS etc.

Why dont you just convert the textures to paa/pac but use jpg in 1st person lod (the idea is not mine btw tounge_o.gif )

(just use 3rd person if it makes you lag wink_o.gif j/k )

And this looks like a very cool mod smile_o.gif

Looks really nice! smile_o.gif

On the jpeg textures, personally inq's weapons are IMHO by quite a bit the nicest looking ones for OFP, I notice no performance hit even with large numbers of them, and I've got a pretty crappy gfx card.

Morphine injection,Each unit class could pick/carry/use morphine, it's heal a very little once you used it (1/10), so Medic units are still necessary. But by re-setting global setdammage, you might stand up again if your legs were hit and keep fighting beyond your pain

FIA2.jpg

great idea!!!

is the medic function useable for other units?  rock.gif

for example bas ranger

Thanks for your interest smile_o.gif

I try to answer to your questions :

- I didn't know JPEG format could affect performance. So I will convert textures JPEG to PAC

- About smokescreen, yes it's a scripting work : the script generate few invisible surfaces (wich block AI's view). Surfaces move permanently, it's quite hazardous, so there will not cheaty static limit. They move and following as much as possible the wind -like cloudlets- so stay behind along the direction of the cloudlets

- I don't think it would be good to equip FIA with WWII weapon, nowdays even Third World armies,guerilla,or terrorist groups have decent weapons such AK-47 wich is the most widely used all around the world. They have to balancing (well..at least they try) with modern USMC/Russian weapons by Earl and Suchey

- The medic function (parameter cpp : attendant=true) is only allowed for medic unit -just as BIS defined it by default- That's why morphine injection is interesting for non-medic units

Oh my...

About time somebody make some more stuff for the Resistance side.

It would be nice to see a cuple of vehicles in this pack, some made up DIY vehicle or something like that, I think you guys know what I'm about. But I think you are concentrating on soldiers and weapons, so...

I don't had any problems with InQuisitors weapons in my old PC, and now even less, but I agree that to make it fare they should be made into PAC.

The RPG from Kegetys is been modified by a guy call Tanelorn, you can check it out here.

It change the grenades to two different ones, armour and personell, has a different sight sistem and its just niiiiiiiiiiice. It may help you on something.

I like the RPK74 or the 47, I think it gives Resistance a bettter gerrilla fealing wen equiped with one of them in a little squad.

I sugest you to give some different uniforms to the resistance, something a bit less uniformal, like botons and tops that don't mach, different tipes of camo on the same soldier, and maybe mixed up with civilian close, just to make it more like a reall world resistance. The problem is that this would make it a big pbo crazy_o.gif

Is just a cuple of sugestions that you may you may not consider, but so far so good. It looks really nice.

Could you atleast make a version w/ JPEGs, 'cause inquistitor's weapons look amazingly nice, sharp, and beautiful the way they are now, and I personally notice no performance drop.

These look like some excellent addons. My only concern is will things like the AI obscuring smoke work in MP....or are you still testing/tweaking?

In any case.....muchos drooling! biggrin_o.gif