Sign in to follow this  
Shashman

Battlefield:vietnam

Holy shit.

That game looks fucking GAY.

Wheres all the vegetation on the islands? Looks pretty barren to me.

No way ill buy it. I actually liked BF1942, but i dont play it anymore, because it gets hella boring doing the same thing on every island.

OFP >>>>>>>> BF1942 >>>>>>>>>>>>> dog shit >>>>> BF:'Nam

Holy shit.

That game looks fucking GAY.

Wheres all the vegetation on the islands? Looks pretty barren to me.

No way ill buy it. I actually liked BF1942, but i dont play it anymore, because it gets hella boring doing the same thing on every island.

OFP >>>>>>>> BF1942 >>>>>>>>>>>>> dog shit >>>>> BF:'Nam

Thats like me seeing a rough sketch of a car and deciding it sucks without ever test driving it or seeing the final product. smile_o.gif

I used to like BF untill the sound got messed up. And then i tried a early version of DC and honestly i have no idea why it is so popular, but then again it was probably my computer that made DC even worse.

Look they have their own soundtracks. For sale

6788765_F_tn.jpg

Im surprised, and disappointed that DICE decides to make a nam game. First of all i belive we have enough games in that genre. And the BF engine doesn't even seem to fit such a terrain.

Funnily enough there had been a mod about Vietnam in development for ages before Dice decided on a full blown game about it. 'Eve of Destruction' I think it was called. Didn't think it was much cop personally. Although it did make some nice heaviliy vegetated areas to get lost in.

Regarding realism, there is a very nifty thing called Merciless which replaces sounds and textures to make them more historically accurate, much better than the standard version.  tounge_o.gif  Merciless

Edit: Here it is.

Oh yea im familiar with EOD as it probably was the first MOD for Bf. As for BF in Nam: now that i think about it i remember that some people discoverd Vitenam style jungle models and textures in the original BF game files (witch is pretty much the only thing that looks nice in EOD). There was alot of confusion but i guess it's fairly obvious why they are there now.

smile_o.gif

$33ker @ July 23 2003,18:53)]LOL don't expect the makers of BF:1942 to bring out something realistic! tounge_o.gif

Noticed the M16? It's the M16A2! biggrin_o.gif

and the island on those screenshots is a pacific island from BF:1942. (don't ask me which, they look all the same)

If you look at it closely, it's actually mostly made up sad_o.gif

i have an article from pc gamer it says that this game isnt centered around tanks but rather the helo and they said that they do not want to choke gamers with jungle and any screen shots are beta becuz this game is not do out till middle 2004

well its still a beta ... Oh any does any one know what song that is ?

The t&l effects are good, but the animation is total crap  crazy_o.gif

*EDIT* DAMN do I want those tank physics though.

Actually it didn't seem too, too horrible to me. I'd be atleast somewhat interested if it wasn't from the people who made BF1942

That's Credence Clearwater Revival's 'Fortunate Son'. And the next time I hear it in a trailer for a game as shitty looking as that, I'm going to break something.

@ Sep. 27 2003,23:19)]And the next time I hear it in a trailer for a game as shitty looking as that, I'm going to break something.

Lol tounge_o.gif

1.after i have watch the trailer i am now really sure that i wont buy this game......................(not joke at all)

2.i think this game may piss off many old Viet soldier........  crazy_o.gif(and i am very sure)

YAY, this video should be very encouraging for everone working on vietnam stuff for flashpoint. It doesn't look much anything like vietnam, just looks like a sad bf1942 mod. I can and will give you guys a better vietnam mutliplayer experience.

@ Sep. 27 2003,05:19)]That's Credence Clearwater Revival's 'Fortunate Son'. And the next time I hear it in a trailer for a game as shitty looking as that, I'm going to break something.

Thanks biggrin_o.gif

@ Sep. 27 2003,04:19)]That's Credence Clearwater Revival's 'Fortunate Son'. And the next time I hear it in a trailer for a game as shitty looking as that, I'm going to break something.

Amen to that smile_o.gif

I clicked on the movie link, crashed my browser, sums up the game for me smile_o.gif

Guest DKM-jaguar
a soldier running with M60, firing from hip........ ghostface.gif

[sarcasm]

If terminator can fire a minigun from the hip and manage not to hit anyone (even though he wouldn't be able to carry that much ammo, the powerpack or the weapon all at once..)

and if rambo can fire an M60 in the same fashion, why not?!

[/sarcasm]

did you know you can fire an m16 with the butt on your forehead and only get a small headache while doing the same with an AK47 will kill you? ah...the wonders of television

Come on people, I think some of you are overreacting. BF doesn’t try to be OFP! It’s not suppose to be very realistic, it’s all about quick fun action. Just because it's a bit unrealistic doesn’t mean it can’t be fun.

Guest DKM-jaguar

Yes, but it gets annoying when the only games out are "fun" and none are simulations..

Quote[/b] ]Just because it's a bit unrealistic

Its more than a bit, much much more.

*Shudders while remembering how BF1942 butchered WW2*